Bayshore Billiards 14.1 League - Season 2 - Season Ends

stevekur1

The "COMMISH"
Silver Member
Bayshore Billiards 14.1 League ~ Season 2 ~ Season End

Season 2 of the Straight Pool league at Bayshore Billiards in Bay Shore Long Island came to a close on May 4th 2015. the season finished with 22 Players, many of which were returning players from Season 1 in addition to many new players to the league. Several of which were new to playing Straight Pool, and were eager to learn the game.

Season 2's rising star was returning player Charles Eames player representative for MEZZ Cues, Charles was quoted by saying at the beginning of the season that his goal was to finish the season in 1st Place, and he did just that....Finishing the season in 1st with the winning-est record of 10 Wins and 3 Losses with a B.P.I. Of 5.81, Charles from the get go in his first game of the season set the tone of the season by running 52 Balls against his opponent just to say that he was not joking around this season and that it was all business. Charles earned himself the Top Seed into the playoffs where he plays the Wild Card, which is yet to be determined.

Some new faces to the game such as Lou Soriano, Gordon McDaniel, Mike Callaghan, Mike Ettl to name a few, and specially Ed Jaffe showed a lot of heart sticking it out through the season taking some punches in learning the game of 14.1, Special mention goes to Ed Jaffe for making it through to the playoffs in his first season of 14.1 at Bayshore Billiards. Returning Champion of Season 1 John Chisholm had a tough time this season defending his title, but is committed to returning next season with plenty of fire in him to take down another title.

For the playoffs of Season 2 we are taking the Top 7 players plus a Wild Card. 1st place of the Playoffs will be rewarded by a Beautiful custom cue built by renown custom cue maker Bob Manzino valued at $4,000.

The playoff picture is as follows, which commence on May 11th 2015.
1st – Charles Eames
2nd – Joey Altoids
3rd – Merlin Fischer Levine
4th – John Deak
5th – Ed Jaffe
6th – Eric Grasman
7th – Steve Kurtz
8th – Wild Card (T.B.D.)

The season came to an end with a presentation by the players for League Operator Steve Kurtz and Room Owner Steve Piesner with plaques that were given to them in appreciation for all that they do for them the players in special thanks, It was a real heart felt occasion which made us all realize that 14.1 is very much alive at Bay Shore Billiards.

The High Run for the season was earned by Eric Grasman, where he a ran 57 Ball Run off the break against his opponent which was ranked at a similar handicap in the game. It really was a beautiful run, very well thought out and played. Eric really showed some of his old school knowledge of 14.1 during that run. Every ball that he pocketed served its purpose in continuing his run and closing out racks. Eric will receive a prize for setting the high run for the season, which was based on the highest percentage of the game score so that all players in the league would be eligible no matter what their handicap was.

I am truly honored to be running this league at Bayshore Billiards, and very glad to see that the league has grown from 14 players at close of Season 1 to 22 players at close of Season 2. The increase in participation shows that we really have a good thing going on, and I look forward to seeing it grow, with changes along the way to make it a well oiled machine.

~ Steve Kurtz ~
Straight Pool League Director
Bayshore Billiards, New York

www.facebook.com/Bayshorebilliardsstraightpool

14-1StraightMan

High Run 127
Silver Member
Thumbs Up!

Very nice Stevie. That sounds like a great League, one that I wish that I was playing in. Best of Luck with all the up coming seasons.

stevekur1

The "COMMISH"
Silver Member
Very nice Stevie. That sounds like a great League, one that I wish that I was playing in. Best of Luck with all the up coming seasons.

Thanks Mikey, how have you been ? havent seen you on AZ much lately. Hope all is well !!! hope to see some more videos real soon.

I have a group photo, from when the plaques were given to us but the file size is too big and it wont let me post it !!! i'll see if i can resize it this weekend and post it up !!

-Steve

John Biddle

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Congratulations, guys. It looks like you really have a great thing going. Keep it up. And best of luck to everyone in the playoffs.

dmgwalsh

Straight Pool Fanatic
Silver Member
Very nice league, there Steve. Good number of people. Good runs. Nicely organized.

stevekur1

The "COMMISH"
Silver Member
Here's what the playoff picture looks like

The number in ( ) is the game score !!

image.jpg

LTL

Registered
No one does more to keep the game of Straight Pool alive on Long Island (NY) than Steve Kurtz!

stevekur1

The "COMMISH"
Silver Member
Congratulations to John Deak for winning the playoffs for season 2.

He was all smiles when we handed him the beautiful Trophy Cue built by Bob Manzino especially for the league

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 338

stevekur1

The "COMMISH"
Silver Member
Here the article that I wrote for the playoff final that will be on www.nycgrind.com

Steve

*** SORRY ITS SO FUZZY, I TOOK A SCREENSHOT OF THE PDF WITH MY PHONE. PLEASE FOLLOW NYCGrind TO SEE THE FINAL ARTICLE.

image.jpg

Last edited: