Best training cue ball?

DrCue'sProtege

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I haven't read the entire thread because my meatloaf, green beans, potatos, and Mt. Dew are about done.

But, if you are not striking the CB where you want is there any doubt its because you are looking at the OB last and not the CB?????

Why oh why oh why oh why would anybody want to look at the OB last is completely beyond me. The only ball going anywhere is the CB so why not focus on hitting it exactly where you want to!!!!!!

DCP

Tony_in_MD

You want some of this?
Silver Member
Plenty of players look at the OB last. That is why practicing your stroke is important....which you should do even if you focus on the CB target last.

I haven't read the entire thread because my meatloaf, green beans, potatos, and Mt. Dew are about done.

But, if you are not striking the CB where you want is there any doubt its because you are looking at the OB last and not the CB?????

Why oh why oh why oh why would anybody want to look at the OB last is completely beyond me. The only ball going anywhere is the CB so why not focus on hitting it exactly where you want to!!!!!!

DCP

Last edited:

NitPicker

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Take a striped ball, turn it so the stripe is vertical with the number centered and facing you, as good of quality as your ball set is.
I do this for warm up all the time.

This ^

And like Sloppy Pockets...I also use the 11 ball. The color contrast...the symmetry of the number 11...it's the best.

3andstop

Focus
Silver Member

DCP

Funny, I can't imaging looking at the CB last. Interesting post though .... I gotta start a poll just for kicks ... you have me curious about this. Lets see if I know how to start a poll. :grin-square:

ctyhntr

RIP Kelly
Silver Member
I have a Rempe ball, and I use it to check my contact point when I attempt draw or apply extreme english. If you want to check if you're on center, I agree with others, there are better methods.

Joe Tucker's Third Eye may be better at checking if you're centering in on the cue ball.
http://www.joetucker.net/store/stroke_trainer.htm

railbird99

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

DCP

Could you imagine grabbing the milk out of the fridge by lining up your hand and the milk, and then looking at your hand while you actually go to grab it?

This is basis of hand-eye coordination.

When you throw a baseball, shoot a basketball, throw a dart, etc, you are focused on the target, not the ball or your hand/arm.

You really should treat your cue as if it's an extension of your arm. In the practice room you figure out your stroke just like a basketball player figures out issues with his alignment/delivery of the ball.

Once you are down on the ball and you have looked at your cue ball, done a few practice strokes, you should trust that your stroke is straight, and nothing is going to change.

Imagine if you were shooting a rifle, and you lined up your shot, and then took your eyes off of the target to look at the trigger as you pressed it.

This is why most people look at the OB last, while focusing completely on that contact point as the deliver the cue ball to that contact point.

Last edited: