Billiards Gambling Away a Daughter

justnum

Billiards Improvement Research Projects Associate
Silver Member
NYPL is promoting alternative historical databases.
Can you gamble your daughter away in billiards?

1706927767618.png

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I can’t. I don’t have one. And if I did nobody would want her if my family name is there😂

justnum

Silver Member
I focused on the fact that gaming debts cannot be enforced by the law.

In 1841 the law is one person with a badge.

Which laws were important to gambling back then?

Who were the gambling debt enforcers?

The US govt owes dept of billiards three years back pay plus compensation for illegal shutdowns.

justnum

Silver Member
I can’t. I don’t have one. And if I did nobody would want her if my family name is there😂

You can gamble animals or farm harvests.

Are you a farmer or fisher?

My uncle in PI had a pool table and he would gamble his share from the rice harvest. He was the best rice dealer in the province.

Pool can be used to put others on display for sale. Or giveaway excess inventory.

Reactions: Pin

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just took ' The num' off Ignore for a second. WOW, he's still out there on planet x. Back he goes.

justnum

Silver Member
1841 global affairs were similar to today.
1841 US had three presidents and was mainly a military organization. US military operations in 1841 requires higher level clearance for archive access.

China has a known depletion tactic, while the British used third parties to deflate Chinese domination of specific markets.

Billiards back then would be where smugglers and day traders go to market.

The poolroom is a place where people can respond to the harsh economic conditions created by aggressive non state actors.

Colonel

Raised by Wolves in a Pool Hall
Silver Member
Never heard this. There was a more modern story I heard of Detroit Whitey selling his kids for $50 apiece when his wife was out of town once.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Never heard this. There was a more modern story I heard of Detroit Whitey selling his kids for $50 apiece when his wife was out of town once.
i heard he pawned them. that old tale has changed at least 100 times over the years.

justnum

Silver Member

Fentanyl is a derivative of opium. Opium is the Microsoft of the drug world, they release new versions of the same basic software but on more limited hardware sets.

The main point being military wars are fought over drugs and controlling drug trade. Its better to resolve fiscal differences through a pre determined length of time and points and rules to better assess everyone's self and relative situations.

There should be no knee jerk reactions.

What did you learn about 1841 history?

The purpose it is called history, is so read it at night for an entertaining story.
However the school teachers ruin reading with quizzes instead of character development discussions.

Everytime I compete on a historic Brunswick I imagine the rich history of fallen American traders, that lived buying and selling alcohol. I have a preference for Guinness and Pelligrino and Sapporo lately.

Today's world selling kids is called scholarships.

justnum

Silver Member

I meant to say Chinese healing medicine.

I also read up more about President Grant and how is considered a big shot.

Its likely Brits and the Chinese were cooking up schemes.

Imagine a triangle USA, British and Chinese each with a navy with sailors composing of ethnic minorities.

Who was promised what and who died for whatever reason ...

justnum

Silver Member
Explain the China, Britain, Taiwan situation.

Legally there are lots of problems a lot of people saying they did what they did and then other people saying they did and they didnt.

Pool players would be sitting around President (General) Grant like the Knights of the Roundtable.

Shipping has to go through the Atlantic because water is safer from thieves than the land route.

Taiwan belongs to Japan really and is protected by Dutch and Spanish

When a mass migration to Taiwan took place, it set roots.

You can decide what mass migration means.

A mass migration means people will not know or follow your laws for some time.

Historically it has been: Freedom from persecution or Freedom to prosecute and freedom to extradite

Last edited: