Bobby Pickle & Johnny Archer-May 30

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Now THAT's what I'm talking about. Right on! :)

Good luck with the event. Hope you iron out all the details beforehand, so that both players are comfortable and familiar with the rules.

One suggestion I would make is to have a neutral racker in the tournament, since there are only two players competing heads up. Arguing over the rack can be a distraction for both players who want to give their best performance. This will allow them to think about shooting balls in the hole.

BE SURE TO TAKE SOME PICTURES FOR THE INQUIRING MINDS BACK HOME!

JAM

uwate

daydreaming about pool
Silver Member
Ok the games been set. Now we just need the AZB woofing to start up....

I like Archer...anyone like Pickle?

If Pickle wins, I will pay off within 24hrs via paypal or I can mail a check...

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Johnnyt said:
Someone racking makes very good sense. Johnnyt

Believe me, in this scenario, a neutral racker would complement the venue in a BIG way.

I have witnessed on more than one occasion the horrible arguments that will occur during the racking process when some pool players rack the balls, whether it is winner rack or loser rack, and it is like a nightmare that just keeps getting worse and worse, if you know what I mean. :eek:

JAM

uwate

daydreaming about pool
Silver Member
Pickle's odds get alot better if its a neutral racker. They may be playing even 9ball but Johnny probably gives Pickle the last 3 in racking.

Reactions: JAM
S

Scottster

uwate said:
Pickle's odds get alot better if its a neutral racker. They may be playing even 9ball but Johnny probably gives Pickle the last 3 in racking.

A neutral racker is definately a good idea to eliminate the sluggo-matic.

kevin s

Tennessee
Silver Member
HitHrdNDraw said:
what size table and what race?
Diamond bar table for sure! Maybe on a 9 ft but then Bobby would need weight. He very well can beat anyone on his home bar table. I've seen a 14 pack before on that table.:cool:

ironman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
uwate said:

I think you have the NUTS!!

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
uwate said:

Great!

What would you like to bet as to who wins the first game? Am how much do you wish to wager?
JoeyA

masonh

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
they are playing two 10 aheads for $5000 each.total money put up by both players is $20,000.it is on a Diamond bar table that is tighter than most for some reason.

JimS

Grandpa & his grand boys.
Silver Member
That's the most exciting news to hit the pool community, as far as I know, in a LONG time. Wish I could be there. Accu-Stats, or somebody, could make some $$$ on this.

Ktown D

Neverwuzzz
Silver Member
If we can get some specifics as to the start time I will try to make it out to sweat this. I could probably make it there by 8 but I would have to head back by midnight or so. It is about a 2 hour haul for me. If anyone knows when they are kicking this off let me know.

kevin s

Tennessee
Silver Member
Ktown D said:
If we can get some specifics as to the start time I will try to make it out to sweat this. I could probably make it there by 8 but I would have to head back by midnight or so. It is about a 2 hour haul for me. If anyone knows when they are kicking this off let me know.
Hey D remember you gain 1 hour as we are on central time here. Hope you get to make it! PM me if you dont have my cell. I'll try to let you know what's going on.

uwate

daydreaming about pool
Silver Member
JoeyA said:
Great!

What would you like to bet as to who wins the first game? Am how much do you wish to wager?
JoeyA

First game only?
Ok, I like to gamble hehe...whaddya wanna do?

after can we bet on who wins the coin toss and which way the next car leaving the pool room will turn? :D

BTW I am not against taking Pickle but I think someone needs to set a line here. What do you all think is the line? Pickle -150 maybe?

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
uwate said:
First game only?

after can we bet on who wins the coin toss and which way the next car leaving the pool room will turn? :D

BTW I am not against taking Pickle but I think someone needs to set a line here. What do you all think is the line? Pickle -150 maybe?

The line is 4 hours.
JoeyA

derekdisco

We woulda won state!
Silver Member
uwate said:
First game only?

You mean pickle +150? I dont think he is the favorite in this match. If the game is Even, and an ahead set, Id say Pickle +300 And Johnny -500

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
thats what i was thinking +150, the dog is awalys the + number on any money line bet.

if its an even game you dont make it +500 and -300, that dosent make sence a 3 to 1 favorite and a 5 to 1 dog? dosent work like that if you want to put it on a 30 cent line then it would be -130/+, or on a 20 cent line -120/+100. you dont lay 5 to 1 odds on a money line bet, you keep the action even on both sides and keep the middle 20-40 cents per dollar bet.

Last edited:

PROG8R

Gator Nation
Silver Member
It is about time someone nutted up and played after all the corey whoofing going on, it is johnny and Pickle. Nice I wish I could get there and watch at least one set.
On a bar box, with these two, the ten ahead set could be a single player without the other even getting to shoot.