brunswick cues - made by joss?

larrynj1

aka uncle larry
Silver Member
i'm going to list these cues on e-bay soon, and want to get my facts straight.
was this series produced by joss, and does anyone know when they were made? any info is greatly appreciated, and if anyone wants to make an offer, i'll be happy to listen.

Attachments

• bruns-joss2b.jpg
    bruns-joss2b.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 1,994
  • bruns-joss2c.jpg
    bruns-joss2c.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 1,829
  • bruns-joss1a.jpg
    bruns-joss1a.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 1,948
  • bruns-joss1b.jpg
    bruns-joss1b.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 1,845

nick serdula

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
need whole cue pics

The first one maybe. There were two line of cues. The first cue line was made by Joss to Brunswick specs the second was made in Canada and both lines were available at the same time. The ferrels and pins were different I think.
Nick

Last edited:

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
Larry,

Joss did make a lot of cues for Brunswick in the mid 1990's to late 1990's. The butts on those cues look like Joss but the forearms definitely do not. Hmmmm...I am a little confused about those cues there - they look like Adam forearms to me. Maybe you can send pics to Joss and see if they recognize them.

Chris

larrynj1

aka uncle larry
Silver Member
nick, they're both from the same line of cues, interchangable shafts, rings, buttcaps,ferrules are all the same size. they are not interchangable with joss shafts from the early 90's.

tate, the second cue in pics 3, 4 above looks like joss' color of money inlays and you're right about the points,joss' were rounded at the time. really beautiful wood in the forearms on these. what wood, i don't know either.

how about when they were made, can anyone tell from the brunswick trademark on the butt cap, and when it was used?

nick serdula

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
O.k.

If the screw will not match the Joss's they were made in Canada. My friend had a Brunswick distrubtorship then and also the discount was either 45 or 50% so for the most part considering they are used anything over $120 is doing good, and double if they were built by Joss. Joss even made the Aniversery cue for Brunswick to thier specs! That should help nail down a manufacture date.
Good luck
Nick

larrynj1 said:
nick, they're both from the same line of cues, interchangable shafts, rings, buttcaps,ferrules are all the same size. they are not interchangable with joss shafts from the early 90's.

tate, the second cue in pics 3, 4 above looks like joss' color of money inlays and you're right about the points,joss' were rounded at the time. really beautiful wood in the forearms on these. what wood, i don't know either.

how about when they were made, can anyone tell from the brunswick trademark on the butt cap, and when it was used?

Gerry

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
yup, nick is right. I sold the brunswick line around 1994 or so. you could tell they were made by Joss. During that same time I carried Falcon cues that were almost identicle. IMO they were a good bang for the buck mid level entry cue. I never had anyone want to return one.

Gerry

Shekkycat

larrynj1, were you able to find anything about the Brunswick cue with the green inlays? I have the same cue, and also want to find some information on it. By the way, I did contact Dan Janes from Joss Cues and he said it wasn't one of his. Those were made in China. Haven't been able to find any more information. What I would like to know is if it is a good cue to have. Was thinking of getting a new one, but would like one similar spec wise.

14.1'er

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
These were made by Falcon in Canada, not Joss. The ones made by Joss had a circular logo. The Falcon made are not worth what the Joss made cues are. $150 would be tops for me.

14.1'er

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just aquired both of these cues, im now seeking the same answers as you guys.
Has anyone figured anything out about them yet?
This was the logo on the Joss made Brunswick cues. All were made around mid 90's

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210210-180331~3.png
    Screenshot_20210210-180331~3.png
    340.8 KB · Views: 403

MTfish

Registered
I had the second one pictured back in the early 90's. Second cue I owned. Definitely not made by Joss, was a fairly inexpensive cue and I think made by Adams. For sure made over seas, I don't think they even tried to hide that at the time. It was a nice hitting cue, though. It did hit a lot like Joss cues I've had. I remember it was actually cheaper than my first cue, a Meucci, but I thought it hit much better. Hope you enjoy them both.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't think a regular Joss or any 5/16-14 shaft fits those.
I believe the pins are 5/16-13
This was my experience with the single example I ever had my hands on, my friend's cue. His threads would not match anything. I put a thread gauge on the pin, and it was 13 TPI. This must have been the late 90's or early 2000's.

Michael Webb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This was my experience with the single example I ever had my hands on, my friend's cue. His threads would not match anything. I put a thread gauge on the pin, and it was 13 TPI. This must have been the late 90's or early 2000's.
Very common.
Joss still has some of the 5/16x13 screws and inserts. I also have them for repairs.