Canadian Posters-WPC Schedule

recoveryjones

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
sniper said:
Here is the link to the WPC schedule, as usual the event will be shown on Rogers Sportsnet.

http://www2.sportsnet.ca/tvschedule/tvsked_sport.php?region=ONTARIO&schedule_id=13

Yes we will be getting 9 days of pool and they will be showing 2 hrs of programming per day.If you take out the 25-30 minutes of commericails we will see a grand total of 13 1/2- 14 hrs of pool in total for the whole WPC 2005 tournament.Many matches will be missed and many games with in sets will be missed in this yearly highlight package that we get in Canada.

Conversly the USA usually only gets a pathetic, paltry 4 hours as they usually only show highlights of the semis and finals there.It's a real shame given the fact that so many great players come from the USA.

In Taiwan and the UK they get well over 50 hrs of complete unedditted coverage, showing every match and every game within the match.I'm supposed to eventually get a 25 dvd set (2hrs per dvd)however, I'll in the meantime tape our Canadian coverage.

Thanks for posting the link to the TV times. RJ

Celtic

AZB's own 8-ball jihadist
Silver Member
I watched it live, I know who won. Day late and a dollar short.

gregory

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
anyone else try to watch this in ontario today. hmmm. WPC looked a lot like stock car racing this year.

sniper

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
recoveryjones said:
Yes we will be getting 9 days of pool and they will be showing 2 hrs of programming per day.If you take out the 25-30 minutes of commericails we will see a grand total of 13 1/2- 14 hrs of pool in total for the whole WPC 2005 tournament.Many matches will be missed and many games with in sets will be missed in this yearly highlight package that we get in Canada.

Conversly the USA usually only gets a pathetic, paltry 4 hours as they usually only show highlights of the semis and finals there.It's a real shame given the fact that so many great players come from the USA.

In Taiwan and the UK they get well over 50 hrs of complete unedditted coverage, showing every match and every game within the match.I'm supposed to eventually get a 25 dvd set (2hrs per dvd)however, I'll in the meantime tape our Canadian coverage.

Thanks for posting the link to the TV times. RJ

It's better than no coverage at all.