Carter Custom Cues....

Zims Rack

Promoting the Cueing Arts
Silver Member
Has anyone heard of Carter Custom Cues? I bought a matching set on eBay. They both have an ebony butt section, curly maple handle, curly maple forearm, black phenolic collar. One cue has a 5/16-18 pin, the other has a radial pin with a 3/8-10 pin at the jump joint, both have brass rings at A, B, C & D. They are both straight, come with one shaft, slightly dirty shafts, appear not to have to much playing time and the butts are in about 90% condition.
Any idea about this cue maker?

Thanks,
Zim

Joseph Cues

Cue Nut
Silver Member
Zim, a collector-player unloaded some of his cues on Fleabay a few months back. This player-collector seemed like he owned a great number of great-hitting cues. Not your typical wall-hanger collector. I believe the man was from Texas.
I think Carter is one of those sleeper cuemakers. Cueamakers who are not huge but make fine-hitting cues. I've never tried one but judging from this man's description, they should be fine-hitting cues. The same seller had Schon LTd, Mace/Rick Howard and Gilbert if I remember it right.

Zims Rack

Silver Member
That's the same man alright! The cues are both signed by "Carter 11/01" and both hit great!! I sold the playing cue for $275 and kept the j/b cue for my collection. I'm going to send it off to get refinished.
Do you know where Carter is from, how long he's been making cues or any other info about him?

Zim

N

Nineball King

Carter Cues

I am not sure how to contact Chad Carter, but I know he lives near Owensboro, Kentucky. I have never heard anyone ever see anything bad about his cues or his cue making.

Zims Rack

Silver Member
Does anyone else have any info about Chad Carter Custom Cues? You can see another one of his cues at www.zimsrack.com under "cue collection". I'm trying to find some info on the value of his cues.

Thanks,
Zim

deadstroke32

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Call Dick Albert At billiardcue.com and ask him i think Carter is form VA.And I do know that Dick carries some of his cues..
And if it is a Carter cue it plays good he don't make a lot of cue but the ones i've seen a very nice.. And post a pic of that cue u just got..