Charity Tournament in Charlotte, NC - "Pool for Pups"

ScottTaylor

Registered
3563125174_b41da07722_m.jpg

Here is the link for all of you Facebook people; be sure to take a look:
"Pool for Pups" - Play pool, save lives.

Date: Saturday, November 14, 2009
Time: 11:00am - 5:00pm
Location: Badfish Bar and Billiards in Matthews, NC (formerly Rack 'Em)

Come play pool, and save a life!
This is an event for people of all ages, and all skill levels. Even if you've never touched a pool cue, you can touch the lives of animals very much in need of your help.

Join us at Badfish Bar and Billiards, located at 343 W. John St. in downtown Matthews (Charlotte folks call this Monroe Rd.) This is the former location of Rack 'Em. Register at the door, for only $20 per person! $15 will go to North Carolina Rottweiler Rescue, and $5 goes into the prize fund. Sharking is encouraged! ;)

Please show up at 11:00am so we can promptly begin the fun.

There will be raffles, giveaways, and more!

Please invite YOUR friends to come to the event. Even if you can't make it, please help us to spread the word.

This is NOT a "serious" pool tournament... fun is mandatory!

NCRR is a group dedicated to rescuing Rottweilers and other needy dogs from animal shelters where they face execution in the gas chamber. The group works to find them permanent, loving homes. They rely on volunteers and donations to rescue the dogs, get them veterinary care, and transport them to their new homes, which sometimes are hundreds of miles from North Carolina.

By participating in this event, you will be helping to save many dogs that might not otherwise have a chance to live.

NCRRlogo.jpg

pooltchr

Prof. Billiard Instructor
Silver Member
I talked with a few of the WPBA players last night, and we will have some autographed stuff to sell/raffle/auction/whatever.

Steve

pooltchr

Silver Member
Several of them would have been there themselves, but that is the same date as the WPBA event in south Florida.

Steve

TXsouthpaw

My tush hog
Silver Member
Is there a paypal I can make a donation to?

I know its gotta be hard to find homes for rotties cause people just dont understand them and stigmatize them as bad dogs But theyre some of the best dogs in the world. Id make the tourney if I could but I cant. Ill do the next best thing though Ill donate the money I made at the weekly tourneys here last week to the foundation.(its a nice size chunk too I won one and took 3rd in 2 others) Let me know. Thanks

oh yeah and bump for the pups. :thumbup:

Last edited:

pooltchr

Silver Member
TX...Thank you for asking. Anyone can help just by going to the NCRR web site. Yes, they do have paypal. If you do this, please note that this is in response to the Pool for Pups event, so they can determine how effective this event has been.

http://www.ncrottierescue.net/html/donate.html

Please, any contribution can help. We had one dog yesterday that had a $500 vet bill in one day!

Your contributions are tax deductable.

Thanks for whatever anyone can do. No donation is too small!!!!

Steve

TXsouthpaw

My tush hog
Silver Member
TX...Thank you for asking. Anyone can help just by going to the NCRR web site. Yes, they do have paypal. If you do this, please note that this is in response to the Pool for Pups event, so they can determine how effective this event has been.

http://www.ncrottierescue.net/html/donate.html

Please, any contribution can help. We had one dog yesterday that had a $500 vet bill in one day!

Your contributions are tax deductable.

Thanks for whatever anyone can do. No donation is too small!!!!

Steve

Thanks for the link. The money will be in pronto. And I know all about high vet bills. My little boy (the one on the right in my avatar) has a bad kidney and just got back from getting an ultrasound to see how bad. The bill plus the meds were 450. So I feel your pain. Ill do what i can to help out.

gunzby

My light saber is LD
Silver Member
One last bump for the pups.

Steve

Glad you were bumping this and I just happened to be looking through threads past page 1 cuz otherwise I would've never seen this.

Count me in. I may bring my fiancee' with me if she isn't working at the emergency vet clinic that day.

ScottTaylor

Registered
Strong attendance expected!

From what the people at Badfish have said about the phone calls they are receiving, and with about 130 people on Facebook saying they are or may be attending, this ought to be a great event!

Some people have asked if "furry friends" are allowed. The answer is yes, so long as they are well-behaved and kept under control.

Here is the link to the Facebook page:
http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=187314536797&ref=nf

If anyone locally is available to help get flyers out, we have about 5,000 more that still need to get put in paperboxes or wherever.

I look forward to seeing y'all then!