PoolBum

Ace in the side.
Silver Member
That's very cool. I'll bet you'll be the only person in the country with that sign in their home pool room. You have to serve Coke now.

Dead Money

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Who doesn’t love a neat old porcelain or tin sign?

At one time I had a pretty big collection of original porcelain and tin signs but that dwindled down to a few select signs I couldn’t let go of over the years.

Since Monday, I’ve been in contact with the seller of this sign trying to negotiate a fair price. We worked out a heck of a price on this old sign and I picked it up. I’ve literally seen tens of thousands of old original porcelain and tin signs over the years in person. Plus I’m always looking on auction sites and such trying to keep up with current prices of these old gems. Never seen one like this. Had to have it.

We are currently purchasing a family home/property that I grew up going to and should close in February. One of the first things I’m doing is converting the lower level to a pool room. This one will look killer down there.

It has an old coke decal and the rest of the sign is hand painted. This one is thick, heavy gauge steel. 48”x16”. Pretty neat.

487fcd79b05347b9a5ac0a03774e8e27.jpg

7ab44ad61f3319f47463d1abe5afc264.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That is really nice.

Do you pay attention to the Mecum and Barrett-Jackson auto auctions? They tend to get circus prices on things but each auction usually has a very extensive "road art" selection for sale. Neat just to go thru them online..this is just a small sample of things from Kissimmee.

Dead Money

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I sure do. The Barrett Jackson auction is ridiculous . The prices that place brings for some of those items are insane. I look at every one of them that they put on. And have been to a few when I lived out in the Phoenix area. A lot of flipping goes on there too. People buying gas and oil relics from other auctions around the country then taking those items to Barrett Jackson to get the absolute highest amount they can get because well, it’s Barrett Jackson and the folks that are there and planning on buying things from the car or peteoliana auction aren’t afraid to pony up for what they want. I also think there’s a lot of “look at me and what I bought from Barrett jackson” going on but it’s their money. To each their own.

If you like looking through these old gems online, there is a top tier auction house about an hour from me called Morphy Auctions. Their automobila and petroliana auctions blow Barrett Jackson out of the water. In presentation and real world pricing. I’ll post the link below but if it doesn’t work, just head to their past auctions page in the menu then filter down to only show petroliana auctions. I think you’ll be impressed. I could spend hours looking at that old stuff. And you get to see what it actually sold for.

I think you are on to something with the "look at me" buyers. There is also a bar there and registered bidders are given a few free drinks each day if I remember it right hahah! I went to Mecum Dallas recently since it was just up the road from me. Fun time. We had to register as bidders to get in since they were limiting attendance in a big way. Just as well as the access to the cars before the bidding starts is much better.

Thanks for the tip on Morphy's, I will enjoy going thru that!

fjk

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Love the sign. You'll need an old coke machine and juke box for your pool room too. I'm keeping an eye out for those myself.

Dead Money

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yes sir I agree. My favorite coke machine are the two tone Vendo 81 and 44. Both nice machines. A Rockola bubbler digital jukebox in walnut would be awesome. But the price :(

The prices.............yes :eek:

Dead Money

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Latest Mecum..lots of road art here: