COMPUTER PROBLEM watching BCN. Help!

wizard

Registered
:confused: My wife and I recently purchased a new Dell computer to replace our old one because we couldn't download any videos because of our memory. We have tons of memory now and have installed the latest media player and still we can see the videos but it stops every few seconds and doens't play continuous. We are still on dial up because DSL isn't available where we live so if that's the problem I'm screwed. If you know anything else that may be causing it please tell us. My wife is a computer programmer and she can't figure out why it isn't working. I'm wanting to watch the live feeds from the DCC this year so maybe one of you can help soon.

Thanks,

Wiz

txspaderz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's your connection... Dial up is masssivly slow, so don't try to stream anything using that type of connection...

totbenru

Protecting the World
Hi Wiz,

Since Dial-up can only go up to 33kbps (TCP Throughput), your browser stops the video every now and then because it keeps buffering the stream. In order to watch streaming videos, you need at least 384kbps of bandwidth from a DSL, CABLE or Wireless internet connection.

Ben