Sold Couple Envelope style Road Cases...

Sold Item

jlrowe

Billiards,Boxing & Babes
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
Off the bench at the Armadillo Custom Shop. Designed to be a 1 butt 3 shaft modified envelope case. I designed this because i have mostly custom cues with 2 original shafts and my favorite playing shaft. You can put 2 butts one joint end up and one joint end down and 2 shafts but really tight. I use my envelope cases to carry my Richard Black and Phillippi cues in but i'm an old school player not a collector. These cases are classy road cases so they don't offer the protection of padded section cases. So I don't recommend them for cues that are to be kept in pristine condition.

These cases are made from heavy 10 oz aniline dyed and glazed veg tan leather. Even though its heavy duty leather it is super soft and flexible.The two completed cases I have are a beautiful rich chestnut brown. When it is cut it has a copper color for the edges. I did not burnish the edges because the edges compliment the color of the chestnut. I used saddle tack solid copper rivets and burrs as decor and antiqued brass and copper hardware for aesthetics. I only use heavy duty hardware. I hate thin d rings, small snaps for d rings and cheap hardware. I use conway buckles for the straps. They are commonly used in horse bridles. I also use a heavy duty swivel snaps. The copper rivets on the back do not go inside the case, which would be a disaster. They are done before they are attached to the back just as an accent. I use tuck latches instead of just snaps or button studs. The tuck latches are the only thing on the case that I do not consider heavy duty but I could not find a heavy duty antique brass latch anywhere after searching for a month.

Every case is saddle stitched with waxed .040 thread. Each case takes a couple days of just stitching. Around 400 holes were punched and stitched. I also sewed a gusset at the bottom. This allows the cue to be able to go to the bottom flush instead of having extra couple inches of wasted space. Also the case will stand up better when leaned against a wall or chair. Extra work but more functional and looks better.

I have included a link to my shared google drive folder to view multiple pics etc. Price is just $165 shipped USPS Conus. I have enough leather to do 1 more chestnut and a black case if anyone wants to place an order for black or chestnut. The black will be done with heavy duty chrome hardware. This includes a heavy duty tuck latch and silver Armadillo concho. If you want I can saddle stitch it in turquoise instead of white. The chestnut I can do gold chrome hardware also instead of antique brass and copper. See additional pics in my shared google folder.
PXL_20230906_185542032.jpg

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1_QoXCU2PNQmlkByXWfhTyrT4cVawM9VH?usp=drive_link

mikemosconi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Hello, I looked at your photos. These are really nice looking envelope cases at a nice price. My one question is that I cannot see the case interior and unless I am missing something--are there dividers inside these cases that separate each shaft and also separate the cue butt- or is it just an open envelope and the shafts and cue butt are touching each other inside the case?
This is a critical question that every perspective buyer would most probably want to know.

Thanks, Mike

jlrowe

Billiards,Boxing & Babes
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
Thanks Mike, yeah there are no dividers. If i decide to do anymore i plan on doing dividers.