cue cases - not just for sticks anymore?

larrynj1

aka uncle larry
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
what's up with the cue case market? seems like they fly off the for sale board lately. cue stick market's in a slump, so people are upgrading their cases to the high end? i see fellini,kelly, it's george and other great ones being sold here every day.

me - i just bought a 2x4 leather instroke and got rid of my 12 year old guiseppe vinyl 2x2 case. i sold off my fellini,it's george,centennial, brunswick tube, palmer suitcase and more. none of them took more than a day or two to move.

i'm down to a fellini style case, same type of latch, that some genius stripped down to it's pvc shell. i don't know what brand it is since there is no label inside. what do you guys think it would cost to get it recovered in some nice leather? anyone here do it? send me a pm for an estimate, thanks.

hangemhigh

Known Sinner
Silver Member
Rating - 99.2%
252   2   0
larrynj1 said:
what's up with the cue case market? seems like they fly off the for sale board lately. cue stick market's in a slump, so people are upgrading their cases to the high end? i see fellini,kelly, it's george and other great ones being sold here every day.

me - i just bought a 2x4 leather instroke and got rid of my 12 year old guiseppe vinyl 2x2 case. i sold off my fellini,it's george,centennial, brunswick tube, palmer suitcase and more. none of them took more than a day or two to move.

i'm down to a fellini style case, same type of latch, that some genius stripped down to it's pvc shell. i don't know what brand it is since there is no label inside. what do you guys think it would cost to get it recovered in some nice leather? anyone here do it? send me a pm for an estimate, thanks.

They were a genius if they got the covering off without removing the lock.

half fast bankr

Purist / Traditionalist
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Nah, doesn't matter. Getting it re-skinned will run you between $100 and the sky, depending on what you want and who you have do the work. Might want to take a whack at it yourself, could be fun. Just make sure you have replacement rivets before pulling the lock.

hangemhigh

Known Sinner
Silver Member
Rating - 99.2%
252   2   0
half fast bankr said:
Nah, doesn't matter. Getting it re-skinned will run you between $100 and the sky, depending on what you want and who you have do the work. Might want to take a whack at it yourself, could be fun. Just make sure you have replacement rivets before pulling the lock.
You better drill the rivets,you pull 'em and you'll never get another one to fit right.