Cue on Ebay

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
68   0   0
Captain Dan said:
Could someone please advise on what is a fair price for this cue http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7236979359&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1
As it's in Australia, as am I, it would cost me a lot less tham one from the US, and I like the look. Also, are the cues made for Brunswick by Joss any good?

As you said, this is a Joss cue made under the Brunswick label in the 1990's. The basic Joss cue from that time was a nice solid player.

I wouldn't buy it. This shaft has been butchered up - it's only 9mm where the basic Joss is 13mm - 13.25 mm, so someone tried to make it a snooker cue. This would ruin the playing characteristics of the cue, the balance, the whole thing. A new or used shaft would cost you at least USD $100. The whole cue is only worth about $125 USD here, maybe less.

Chris

1pRoscoe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
74   0   0
First thing I noticed was 9mm shaft, which is entirely too small, unless you plan on playing a lot of snooker!

ChrisOnline

4 8 15 16 23 42
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
my cousin has a mottey shaft that Paul made specific for Pat Mcnally
and it is 11mm with a 10 inch long tapper.. and to me 11mm is way too skinny. i tried playing with it.. a few shots it feels nice.. but it is way too uncontollable for my stroke..lol... so i can only imagine 9mm... yikes!

i would listen to these guys and stay away..
chris

Captain Dan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the imput. Funny thing is, I played with a 9mm tip before going to a US style 13 mm cue, as do most people in Australia. In fact, most people here think you can't play with such a "fat" tip!
Keeping your coments in mind, I don't think I'll go for it, especially as there are already bids from the US and Asia.

Daniel:D