Derby City Classic One Pocket

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Francisco wins it all! I can't help but contrast Busti at 54 with Earl at 55. Francisco remains one of the greatest players in the game today while Earl has faded into near oblivion. Makes you think.

I loved hearing Shane in the booth with Mark. I liked his little insights into how he fares against these other great players. His analysis was also spot on most of the time, but I found it interesting that even great players like Shane and Jeremy often choose a different shot than the player ends up shooting. Commentating One Pocket is not as easy as it looks! I try to watch carefully what the player is looking at for clues on what he intends to do. And then they change their mind! :)

Last edited:

overlord

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Booostie takes it down!!!!!!!!!

Lots of fun to watch and the SVB - Mark commentary was fantastic.

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Bustamante is in the lead now for MOT, with a 39-point lead over Deuel (175 to 136). But Deuel went out in Round 5 of the 9-Ball, which won't gain him much. Bergman trails Deuel by just a few points, and Brumback, Shaw, and Daulton are not far behind.

But Bustamante is in a really good position, and is undefeated through 5 rounds of 9-Ball.

[unofficial calculations]

kkdanamatt

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Bustamante is in the lead now for MOT, with a 39-point lead over Deuel (175 to 136). But Deuel went out in Round 5 of the 9-Ball, which won't gain him much. Bergman trails Deuel by just a few points, and Brumback, Shaw, and Daulton are not far behind.

But Bustamante is in a really good position, and is undefeated through 5 rounds of 9-Ball.

[unofficial calculations]
AtLarge, check my stats on this:
Nobody has ever won all three major events in the same year at DCC or the Southern Classic. Justin Hall came the closest. In 2012 at Tunica, he won the Banks, then the One-Pocket, and was still in contention in 9-Ball. I spoke with him briefly after he won the One-Pocket title and he told me that 9-Ball was his best game. He was eliminated shortly thereafter, but still won the Master of the Table easily.

Last edited:

iba7467

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nobody has ever won all three major events in the same year at DCC or the Southern Classic. Justin Hall came the closest. In 2012 at Tunica, he won the Banks, then the One-Pocket, and was still in contention in 9-Ball. I spoke with him briefly after he won the One-Pocket title and he told me that 9-Ball was his best game. He was eliminated shortly thereafter, but still won the Master of the Table easily.

Shane only missed it by one place at the 2012 DCC. He finished second to John Morra in banks and won the other two. You cannot get any closer.

Last edited:

oldzilla

Accu-Stats Messenger
Silver Member
Final Day Up Next

All Times are Eastern (EST)

Saturday January 27, 2018
Tournament Starts: 11:45am
(We will be on air at 11:30am)

11:45am - 9-Ball
Players To Be Announced

All other matchups and times
will be posted as soon as we are informed.

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member

I’m sure somebody already said it. Shane was runner up in the Banks one year before winning One Hole and 9-Ball.

Last edited:

mikeyfrost

Socially Aware
Silver Member
Francisco wins it all! I can't help but contrast Busti at 54 with Earl at 55. Francisco remains one of the greatest players in the game today while Earl has faded into near oblivion. Makes you think.

I loved hearing Shane in the booth with Mark. I liked his little insights into how he fares against these other great players. His analysis was also spot on most of the time, but I found it interesting that even great players like Shane and Jeremy often choose a different shot than the player ends up shooting. Commentating One Pocket is not as easy as it looks! I try to watch carefully what the player is looking at for clues on what he intends to do. And then they change their mind! :)

I have to 2nd this...Shane was very good in the booth...I hope he does more matches in the future, that was perfect. The Busty stories were pretty good and even though he was rooting for Justin it wasnt offensive at all

Big Chris

windycitycueshow.com
Silver Member
Shane only missed it by one place at the 2012 DCC. He finished second to John Morra in banks and won the other two. You cannot get any closer.

Shane could of won all 3 that year. He should of won all 3. But he made a costly mental error and fouled a ball in banks against Morra. The foul ended up costing him the match. I believe he lost count of the balls and moved the remaining balls off the table.