DIY Reclaimed Scorekeeper

runout1961

Ecclesiastes Ch. 12: 1-7
Silver Member
I had a few of these old “egg shaker” crates laying around and wanted a different way to mount my scorekeeper instead of stringing it along the ceiling like normal. They have a cool industrial look to them. Don’t really care for everything in my room to be perfect and pretty. A little rusty and unusual is fine with me.

48” long. Perfect length. I used 1/8 wire rope and then clamped them in place using brass split bolt wire connectors to hold the cable nice and tight. Beads slide with ease. And a good height too so you can just reach up and slide them without having to use your cue.

Pool room is almost done.
e6402228ce2d5486791ecca75de50e80.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Geosnookery

Thanks for sharing. Looks good and quite creative,

I cruise the thrift stores for ‘stuff’. Cashiers likely think I’m some older guy with really bad taste (which I am) but I’m usually buying something to convert, use the parts, etc for another project.

Reactions: Pin

runout1961

Silver Member
Thanks for sharing. Looks good and quite creative,

I cruise the thrift stores for ‘stuff’. Cashiers likely think I’m some older guy with really bad taste (which I am) but I’m usually buying something to convert, use the parts, etc for another project.

Thanks. I’m the same way.

fjk

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That's awesome. Make me one...I'll buy it!

I have a few repurposed things in my room too. Soo much more character then new stuff.

runout1961

Silver Member
Looks pretty cool!

Thanks man! Just wanted something different.

That's awesome. Make me one...I'll buy it!

I have a few repurposed things in my room too. Soo much more character then new stuff.

Hmmmm. I do have a couple of these crates leftover. Let me think about that one.

I like the egg shaker very much, by the way!

Thanks!

Dead Money

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Very sweet. It would be cool to see a few snaps of the completed /furnished room.

runout1961

Silver Member
Very sweet. It would be cool to see a few snaps of the completed /furnished room.

I sure will once the room is done and the way I want it. I’ll probably do a walk around video too. We have a very short list of things needed to be done. Almost there.

runout1961

Silver Member
Yes sir. I couldn’t believe it either. The framing was done by a local frame shop (tag on the back) which would have been at least a couple hundred. The reproduction print I believe you can get them online for under $50.

I love marketplace. Get a lot of good deals on there. This poster/frame was left in a house that the guy bought. Guy could care less about pool and wanted it gone. Had it up for $50. I offered $20 and he took it. Sometimes you get lucky. Looks great in the room too.

Dead Money

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Yes sir. I couldn’t believe it either. The framing was done by a local frame shop (tag on the back) which would have been at least a couple hundred. The reproduction print I believe you can get them online for under $50.

I love marketplace. Get a lot of good deals on there. This poster/frame was left in a house that the guy bought. Guy could care less about pool and wanted it gone. Had it up for $50. I offered $20 and he took it. Sometimes you get lucky. Looks great in the room too.

Amazing. I would put that over the fireplace in the room my pool table will eventually end up in..today! Super cool!