Do you wear competition pool outfits? Thoughts?

David in FL

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
One more.

A couple years ago my league team decided that rather than taking the couple of dollars that they gave us for winning a session we would use the money to buy team shirts.

We don't wear them every week, just for tournaments or special occasions. We'll be rocking them this week though for Memorial Day.

We're not a particularly good looking group of people, but I do like the shirts…

IMG_7637.jpeg

LHP5

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
One more.

A couple years ago my league team decided that rather than taking the couple of dollars that they gave us for winning a session we would use the money to buy team shirts.

We don't wear them every week, just for tournaments or special occasions. We'll be rocking them this week though for Memorial Day.

We're not a particularly good looking group of people, but I do like the shirts…

View attachment 759749
Yeah that’s awesome. I’m not one for pool jerseys but if I was on a team and they wanted to wear one then for sure I’ll put one on. Team camaraderie. Looks like a fun team.

David in FL

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yeah that’s awesome. I’m not one for pool jerseys but if I was on a team and they wanted to wear one then for sure I’ll put one on. Team camaraderie. Looks like a fun team.
A drinking team with a pool problem…

Years ago when I first put together the team I told them that any match where we won all 5 individual matches I would buy a round of shots for the team.

Who knew that these rat bastards were so motivated by alcohol?!

And of course the guy who's been drinking sweet iced tea all night is suddenly drinking a double Blantons. 😑

😂😂

Last edited:

shooter_Hans

One more.

View attachment 759749
I like pool jerseys. They don’t look bad.

Like any piece of clothing there are loud jerseys and subtle ones.

justadub

Rattling corners nightly
Silver Member
My league teams have shirts, but not the bright flashy stuff show in the photos here, more traditional button short sleeved shirts. (Nothing wrong with the ones shown here, either, we're just not that flashy.) Ours are more like old-school bowling team shirts. Pretty low key.

We usually only wear them to big end of season tournaments, not during regular league. And it ain't no big deal if we don't wear them.

Any regular tournament stuff I play in, I just stay casual. Not sloppy, but usually jeans and a polo, maybe a t-shirt if it's hot. Always sneakers. I have black work sneakers if I were to ever get into a tourney with a dress code.

MmmSharp

Nudge is as good as a wink to a blind bat.
Gold Member
Silver Member
Typically high quality, plain cotton tees. Size Xl, tall. Any color. I dont mind a shirt with a small logo or brand, but i dont like the sportswear material that most of those "sporting" brands use.

Team shirts can be fun and an easy way to find your group at a big place. I understand it, but not really my thing.

And guys, do yourselves and the other players a favor. Get a tall for that extra length when on a stretch shot.

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Unless I am sponsored or an owner of a pool hall, just use normal clothing. I have seen a couple of players that were probably C- shooters, come to league in fully decked out Predator outfits, cues and bags, they looked like they were in the US Open. Looked a bit silly, especially for the skill level. I can see a top regional player wear some stuff.

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ehhh let people wear what they want. Everyone remember when the hustlin clothing line came out? Everyone was wearing it lol. I think the push to make pool look more like a sport is bringing in the jersey uniforms. Whatever grows the game. Personally I just hate wearing long sleeve shirts when I play. Never like things encasing my elbows.
I can’t believe that guy is still making bank selling that hustlin clothing. He was at the expo in philli and last week I saw him in vegas. At the expo he makes bank.. at the acs nationals he was pretty quiet lol not his crowd I guess lol

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
the pool jerseys are the fugliest thing since the cyclop balls
Have to agree.

It robs the players of a chance to express themselves through their choice of wardrobe. As the snooker players have proven, one can shoot straight wearing almost anything, so let the players dress themselves, within a dress code established by the event producers.

As others have pointed out, pool uniforms are fine in a team setting, with the Mosconi Cup being the most obvious example.

Old timers like me really enjoyed the flair shown by the likes of Kim Davenport and Jim Rempe, who were always dressed well and in the latest styles. Many others, Earl Strickland among them, took their self-presentation as seriously as Kim and Jim.

The "bowling shirt" look of the modern pool player is not pool's strength, but instead a weakness, but if the sport continues to gain traction, perhaps nicer outerwear will follow.

Last edited:

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
One more.

View attachment 759749
This is fine.. specially if you’re heading to nationals . Acs everyone has to wear matching shirts at nationals.

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Typically high quality, plain cotton tees. Size Xl, tall. Any color. I dont mind a shirt with a small logo or brand, but i dont like the sportswear material that most of those "sporting" brands use.

Team shirts can be fun and an easy way to find your group at a big place. I understand it, but not really my thing.

And guys, do yourselves and the other players a favor. Get a tall for that extra length when on a stretch shot.

the club shirt is polyester, i hate it. i don't care too much about the collar but i want cotton. to each their own i guess, noone beats chohan when it comes to nascar pool shirts haha

Whether practicing at the Pool Hall, playing fun or competitive matches, to me dressing up to play Pool helps get me in the mood. After a nice relaxing shower and shave, I always wear a button down shirt with a tie, a vest, usually a pair of chinos and some nice black shoes and a fedora.

It looks old school, people often comment positively about it, especially the ladies and it suits my personality and the fact I mainly play with older style equipment which I enjoy immensely.

I say if you like a certain look, live it up and make it your own. It is the same clothing I wear when I am announcing horse races. A step up above smart casual, but not totally formal either, if that makes sense.

Lucky_one2

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Our team looks good in their jerseys...of course we are all retired military and tend to look sharp and well kept as a point of order. What you wear and how you present yourself say a lot about you.

xX-Wizard-Xx

i think it is silly as hell for anyone not a pro .... sort of silly for pros as well. dress nice and comfortably ... dont have to be any modern bullshit

loggerhead12

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
I occasionally wear a pool jersey that says Omega Billiards because they're a great shop and I want everyone to shop there. Plus the other sponsorship on the shirt is for Acme from the Road Runner cartoons, which amuses me. Plus it was on the 50% clearance rack.