Earl Shane II

u12armresl

One Pocket back cutter
Silver Member
He didn't get there a few days early to practice? He was on camera practicing a few days before.

If shane had time to practice on THAT table, he wouldn't have gambled on that piece of shit. Table was garbage, plain and simple.

As to the rematch, i'm sure it will happen. My guesse on what's holding things up at this point would be schedule. i don't think these two have even been in the same country at the same time for a while. Either way, when they do play again, on a real table, Diamond 9' or 10', my $$ will be on shane for sure. (And like always betting on shane, I'll still have to give up wait.)

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
And for everyone like you, sir, there will be another who likes JAMs contributions here. Like me. Undoubtably many, many more. I don't necessarily agree with everything she (or anyone else) says, but I enjoy her participation here.

Different strokes, for different folks. There's plenty of room here for everyone.

***EDIT *** By the way, your grammar is fine.

Thanks for standing up for me! :)

I'd respond to the troll, but it ain't worth it. Sometimes the truth hurts, and registering a new forum identity is one way a coward can contribute their 2 cents to the thread, if you catch my drift. ;)

Roadking

sweet william
Silver Member
Could someone answer my question about how the prize money ($20K) was supplied?
Was it half from each side?
I hope I don't get scolded for asking about money again.

bfdlad

T-Wheels
Silver Member
Could someone answer my question about how the prize money ($20K) was supplied?
Was it half from each side?
I hope I don't get scolded for asking about money again.
Yes I believe that was the case. $10k in from each side.

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
No need to out anyone but........

When a bet is made, the money should be posted, period. No post? No game.

Once upon a time I was playing a champion getting a rather nice spot. It was only $300 not $10,000 but it was my money and it was an ahead set to 3. We played for about 4 hours and the score was even. The champion asked if we could continue the match the next day. Yeah, you guessed it, the next day never came. I didn't lose any money to the champion but he did make a promise to continue play the next day and because it was a tough game for him, he chose not to play.

I can't blame him for running. It was going to be a tough battle and I wasn't rigid enough to make him post the $300...... MY BAD.......

JoeyA

Matt90

Trust the Process
Silver Member
you tell em

Earl isn't calling the shots....it isn't his $$$$$

They both played on the same table. How 'gaffed' could it have been? Earl just shot his nuts off.

I hate it when people use that word ''Ga" , "Gaf",.......ah hell that is indeed my least favorite word .I can't even type it .I do hope to see them play again on a table that is not "ga.....gaf........f'ed up !!" Earl probably just has more experience on overcoming things like a "not so perfect table" and got out and stayed out ahead .

Joey A. , Was this man that ran really a Champion ?? Or was he someone who had won a few tournaments and became a name without all the real things that make a TRUE Champion........perhaps he was a little
"ga....gaa....gaffed" up and underestimated who the real Champion was in that scenario ...

Last edited:

u12armresl

One Pocket back cutter
Silver Member
I'd never post money overnight with someone.

In the same sense as he didn't come back the person who has the money may get sick, have that family member in Florida suddenly need their help, or any other number of excuses I've heard.

You can try to put it up with the houseman, but then they retain liability and believe it or not a few housemen have gotten robbed legitimately (no set up) and hurt badly for the cash they were carrying from a game.

When people would come through where I played and I was staking the guy I was staking, he was a totally stand up guy and people still like him to this day. People also trusted me so it was just an agreed stipulation that we would play again at this hour. We'd even help people find a hotel or offer up our places for them to stay. Or there were other people there that would offer up their places.

I just have a hard time giving the money to anyone who is unknown. Come back the next day, if they agree to play and then don't show up, I would think the polite thing to do would be for them to pay for that nights room.

When a bet is made, the money should be posted, period. No post? No game.

Once upon a time I was playing a champion getting a rather nice spot. It was only $300 not $10,000 but it was my money and it was an ahead set to 3. We played for about 4 hours and the score was even. The champion asked if we could continue the match the next day. Yeah, you guessed it, the next day never came. I didn't lose any money to the champion but he did make a promise to continue play the next day and because it was a tough game for him, he chose not to play.

I can't blame him for running. It was going to be a tough battle and I wasn't rigid enough to make him post the $300...... MY BAD.......

JoeyA

Ktown D

Neverwuzzz
Silver Member
Once again we have killed another golden goose.

Ken

In pool, one door may shut, but another one will open.

I'm looking forward to friendlier skies if I fly American! :p

Ken,

Where is the golden goose? Because he put Shane into action, because he bet on pool?

I just now perused through this thread and the thing that got to me the most was John being touted as some mark. He isn't a "golden goose" or whatever that implies, he is a hell of a good guy that has (or had) a passion for pool. This whole debacle has soured him on our pasttime to the point he may not want to be involved anymore and I find that horrifyingly sad.

The man entered into a verbal deal and got shat on, it is understandable that he is a little jaded. I hope he mellows a bit about the whole deal because I know John (although not closely) and consider him to be one of the best people I have met in the pool community.

If Mr. Mars withdraws himself from the pool community, our little world will be the worst for it IMO.

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
I just now perused through this thread and the thing that got to me the most was John being touted as some mark. He isn't a "golden goose" or whatever that implies, he is a hell of a good guy that has (or had) a passion for pool. This whole debacle has soured him on our pasttime to the point he may not want to be involved anymore and I find that horrifyingly sad.

The man entered into a verbal deal and got shat on, it is understandable that he is a little jaded. I hope he mellows a bit about the whole deal because I know John (although not closely) and consider him to be one of the best people I have met in the pool community.

If Mr. Mars withdraws himself from the pool community, our little world will be the worst for it IMO.

I agree with you about John not being a golden goose or anything close to that. I'm sure that Ken only meant that John is good for pool (which he most certainly is).

I think John has been on the winning side of MANY matches and hopefully, he won't let this permanently sour his perspective on pool.

Who knows the match might still take place......:cool:

Hierovision

Dios mio, man.
Silver Member
Everybody should drown their concerns in drunken frivolity. Do you honestly care what he meant? It seems like a simple comment. I feel like you're trying to keep this thread going because it entertains you. If that's so, I have no problem with it, I just wanted to make sure I understand your intentions.

hunger strike

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My bad...

Just to go over a few of your points:

1. No player is more sportsmanlike than Shane - he took Earl's BS the whole first day and didn't once lower himself to Earl's level of childish behavior.

2. If it was agreed upon that Shane could get a rematch on a 9' table if he lost, that's all there is to it - he should get his rematch. Whether a 10' proves who is better (i agree that it does) is irrelevant. It was agreed upon before they played, and it should be honored regardless.

3. Earl has been pretty cool because he has been winning. I'm happy that he is again as he's a great player. But, he's always only been one loss away from going back to throwing tantrums.

It was a legitimate achievement that he beat Shane - Earl played his butt off and got the win which he wholeheartedly deserved, but to renege on a rematch which Shane was promised before they even played has to be called out.

Sorry brother, I should have worded that better and I see how my words left out a critical detail.... what I mean to communicate is that I wish a player who is more sportsmanlike than EARL would go beat him on the ten footer. The comment was not about SVB in any way, shape or form. He is apparently a fine player and could not be more sportsmanlike and I owe him an apology for my unclear post. Yeah, in a perfect world Mike and Earl would honor any agreement they made but this is a hijacked thread at this point....by posters like me. I should shut up now.

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Everybody should drown their concerns in drunken frivolity. Do you honestly care what he meant? It seems like a simple comment. I feel like you're trying to keep this thread going because it entertains you. If that's so, I have no problem with it, I just wanted to make sure I understand your intentions.

I'm sorry that I have offended you or anybody else on this thread.

Yes, I do honestly care what was meant by that comment, which is why I posted.

The thread is not entertaining to me. In fact, it's the opposite. I started out trying to present hypotheticals about why I thought the match might not have gone forth, and Mr. Mars was offended by my posts and called them "crap." I did not mean to offend Mr. Mars. Rather, I was thinking Mike G.'s name getting dragged in the mud. Personally, I don't have an interest in the outcome of the match, one way or the other, especially now.

There was a tone in the comment made by mikeyfrost that I was unclear about. If it was made in jest, then I hope everyone finds the humor in it. I'm still uncertain at the time of this writing what was meant by that comment.

Look, I'm not trying to be argumentative with anyone. In fact, I'm canceling a pool engagement we were invited to in July. Like Mr. Mars, now I'm done with pool myself for sure.

Again, sorry if my post offended you or anyone else.