Eberle vs. Dominguez at Hard Times

enzo

Banned
CrownCityCorey said:
Ya know, players in the south do not pay 7 figures for a 3 bedroom 1800 sq ft. house either. :cool:

where the average cost of living is high, salaries are relatively high as well. i don't think this is an excuse for nobody matching up here. i think most would agree there is a different mentality here with respect to "gamble" when compared to other places (eg, houston, oklahoma city, the entire south).

whether you're right or i'm right, it's nice to see it when it does happen.

hilla_hilla

I'd rather be foosing it!
Silver Member
Both are incredibly talented players and nice people, but for the $$$, I like Ernesto (sorry, Max).

Jaden

"no buds chill"
Silver Member
I may have to drive down....

I may have to just drive down there and watch this here action game....

It's been a while since I've seen some action and I need to get ready for the swanee anyhoooo.

I'm about to start another thread about my finally being able to see. wqow what a difference....

poolhustler

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
After Ernesto set up my table, we were chatting and hitting some balls around. He hit a very tough shot left handed and made it look easy. I asked him if he practiced alot left handed and he said that when he was younger, back in Mexico, he HAD to play left handed or one handed to get any action. I asked him how well he played one handed and he showed me by firing in four tough shots in a row, getting shape each time....!!!!

I know its not saying much, as I am a lowly C+, B- player, but I wouldn't play him for money even if he played one handed, blindfolded!!!

Wish I could make it to HT's tonight.......:(

Russ......

cyrex

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Go Max!

Great matchup. Both are solid players with a lot of heart and professionalism to boot.

I got $20 on my man Max for a sweat bet if someone wants to jump in. Max helped me a lot when I first started getting into pool back in the DC area.

charlieb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I had to leave a few minutes before it finished and Max was up. A friend called me and said Max took the cheese. Ernesto made a few uncharacteristic mistakes and paid for them. Very few, if any, break and runs. Lead to some excellent safeties. No 6 packs in 10 Ball. Very good pool--no chatter. Two real gentlemen. Corey, thanks for the heads up!

DarkArtist

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I left at the end of the first set, which Max won 13-9. They were immediately starting the second set. A lot of people showed up to watch.

Fast Lenny

Faster Than You...
Silver Member
Its good to hear Max is playing well,last i seen him was like 2 months back when he played Mitch Ellerman here in AZ and lost,he didnt play too well though and he admitted that. :cool:

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
charlieb said:
I had to leave a few minutes before it finished and Max was up. A friend called me and said Max took the cheese. Ernesto made a few uncharacteristic mistakes and paid for them. Very few, if any, break and runs. Lead to some excellent safeties. No 6 packs in 10 Ball. Very good pool--no chatter. Two real gentlemen. Corey, thanks for the heads up!
Jeesh, thnk u for calling me.:D
I won $20.

DarkArtist

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
They both started out real solid and it was even after eight racks, but neither could win on their own break. Then I think Max won four racks in a row and got the score to 8-4. It seems during that time Ernesto got out of stroke and he started to miss shots he would almost never miss otherwise.

Despite playing subpar Ernesto managed to claw back to 8-6 with some great safeties. Max was still pocketing well but he made a few safety errors. From there the score progressed to 11-8 with Max leading. Ernesto was still trying to get back in stroke and his safety play was keeping Max honest, but Max made it to the hill at 12-9.

An error in rack 22 brought Max back to the table with good chance at a run out. With the eight and the ten left on the same side of the table, Max took awhile deciding if he wanted to play the eight left handed or use a bridge. He settled on the bridge, but for some reason drew the cueball within an inch of the ten rather using follow for natural shape on the ten. Max played a nice safety leaving the cueball and ten on opposite rails lengthwise. Ernesto tried to reply with a similar safety but left both balls a foot from the opposite rails. Max got up and made a long cut on the ten to seal the first set.

I was talking to Corey and Tang so I missed some action during the middle stages, but I think this is close to what happened. I told Oscar that he looked like he was anxious to play, and he said he couldn't wait to get on a table. I don't know how the second set is going, but I'm sure Ernesto is fighting back. And as Charlieb said, both guys were complete gentlemen. Although I stayed for only half the match, it was a great learning experience.

Last edited:

PoolBum

Ace in the side.
Silver Member
Thanks for the updates folks.

Were they playing on the first table as you enter the tournament area (table 6 I think it is), or a different one?

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
CrownCityCorey said:
Ya know, players in the south do not pay 7 figures for a 3 bedroom 1800 sq ft. house either. :cool:

^^^^thats not a exaggeration, and that house Cory is describing will be around 80 years old, mine was built in 27, i often wonder what what happened there, they didnt have TV's, what went on in that house of mine, i wish the walls could talk, mine is 2,000 feet 2.5 bathrooms on a 6600 sqft lot, amazing what they cost now, probably 100 times the origonal price. for as rich as Ca is there isnt alot of cash floating around.

DarkArtist

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
PoolBum said:
Thanks for the updates folks.

Were they playing on the first table as you enter the tournament area (table 6 I think it is), or a different one?

They were playing on the first table on the left, right next to the wooden bleachers by the velvet rope. It's funny, I could hear people on their cellphones giving updates to friends.