FargoRate Shane vs Dennis

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Question for Mike: Is it possible to break out Shane vs Dennis only? I "feel" that over the past 10 years Shane has beaten Dennis probably at a game ratio of 100 Shane to 70 Dennis. This is if you count their many action matches, starting from the TAR days, and all their tournament matches. Their last tournament match was this weekend where Shane beat Dennis 9-2 in the finals of the Texas Open. They are currently 828 and 818 in the FargoRate, which equates to a game ratio of 100 Shane to 93 Dennis. Thanks.

LHP5

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I’d also be interested in this. However, there are probably another handful of gambling matches between them that was never talked about or captured. Wouldn’t that also skew the results unless you included them? Take away the long 120 race sets if you’re only counting tournaments and it might make a difference.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I’d also be interested in this. However, there are probably another handful of gambling matches between them that was never talked about or captured. Wouldn’t that also skew the results unless you included them? Take away the long 120 race sets if you’re only counting tournaments and it might make a difference.

I'd want to include whatever is possible, but realize that the data entry might never have happened for some matches.

From my memory, Shane has pretty much tortured Dennis in the majority of matches, both action and tournament. On the fewer occasions Dennis has won, they have been close matches. This is from my memory, and might very well be wrong. That's why I was curious if Mike can break it out for us, then we would have accurate numbers (for data that was recorded).

Nick B

This is gonna hurt
Silver Member
You guys act like Mike is a trained seal who is here for your entertainment.

"Hey Mike...I'm curious on how humidity effects the break...can you provide break stats and fargo comparison for rainy days."

evergruven

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
mike is in a unique position, with access to many stats
but in general, I think pool would benefit from more stat-tracking
of course there are some here and there, shout to fargo and azb
but compared to most other sports, pool seems behind the curve
if I could, I'd pay someone like atlarge to get a pool stat site goin'
I think that would help attract old and new fans to the game
and help us understand/appreciate the game on other levels

Poolmanis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think it is same as in Chess. On top end even little difference on rating is huge. Magnus Carlsen is World Champion and not too high rating compared on others but in level of his play is most of time from another level compared to even world elites.

*edit. ok he is now made more distance to others...
But anyways that gap is nothing on lower levels.
Left is classical ratings
Magnus Carlsen

GM
Magnus Carlsen
Fabiano Caruana

GM
Fabiano Caruana
Ding Liren

GM
Ding Liren
Ian Nepomniachtchi

GM