Favorite One Pocket Shots

Drew

Got a little dog in you?
Silver Member
I always jump up like a kid on Christmas when I get to shoot this shot.

CueTable Help

Gerry

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
When you look for it, this shot will pop up everywhere, and haunt your opponent! :)

Gerry

CueTable Help

Last edited:

Roy Steffensen

locksmith
Silver Member
Great thread!!!

I also like this shot, to move the cueball to the other side of the rack and place a ball near my pocket.

CueTable Help

This shot is also great. I can't make both at the same time, but pretty often one of them will go.

CueTable Help

Roy Steffensen

locksmith
Silver Member
I haven't got the chance of trying this yet, but it looks pretty cool.

You have the bottom left corner, and you're hooked between the pink 4.

Make the 3 in the side and stop the cueball. Then the 3-ball will be respotted frozen to the cueball for your opponent, check page 1 & 2 ;)

CueTable Help

bomber

Jeopardy Is My Road Game
Silver Member
Here is one of my all time favorite one pocket shots...it comes up quite often and it is an easy shot to execute and can be a game winner. Either you are gonna make the 9 ball and start a run or you are going to move balls your way and leave very little.

CueTable Help

Blackjack

Illuminati Blacksmack
Silver Member

CueTable Help

This is a handy little shot I learned from Buddy Hall.

Cue Ball - (Top reverse into the pocket-point at medium speed)

Last edited:

BlowFish

Pinoy D-Player
Silver Member
Very nice. One request... could you guys also show how the CB will be hit? Just like what Bomber did. Thanx

easy-e

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Can someone PM me with some quick instructions on how to use these tables? I don't even know where to start!

berry

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Roy Steffensen said:
Great thread!!!

I also like this shot, to move the cueball to the other side of the rack and place a ball near my pocket.

CueTable Help

Hi Roy,

I think this shot is not good. There is a good change that you leave a bank with the 10-ball and if it's to short to bank your opponend can easily defend by playing bahind the 6.

I think in this particulair situation the 10-ball is already developped and you have a easy develop bank shot with the 5-ball placing the Q-ball behind the 4-ball stopping on the 11-ball. Heck if you dare you can bank the 5 onto the 13-6 and draw the q-ball back in the 4-ball making the 4-7-9 combi....

Or were you just making an example...:) :D

bomber

Jeopardy Is My Road Game
Silver Member
Here is another useful shot that alot of people overlook. Bank the thirteen ball across the corner with enough speed so that the cueball will hug the rail and make the 10 ball. Takes some confidence to shoot the shot, i suggest practicing it a few times before shooting it in games...once you have the shot down, you will use it often.

CueTable Help

bomber

Jeopardy Is My Road Game
Silver Member
Im banking the five as well in this paticular situation, but I like the creativity of Roy's shot. However, banking the five and having the cue ball in the stack is a much more powerful option in this instance.

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
bomber said:
Here is one of my all time favorite one pocket shots...it comes up quite often and it is an easy shot to execute and can be a game winner. Either you are gonna make the 9 ball and start a run or you are going to move balls your way and leave very little.

CueTable Help

This is a good play even when you don't have the carom option - just banging the stack is often better than trying the bank, because it keeps the cue ball from going uptable and selling out. For instance, change the position of a few balls...

CueTable Help

pj
chgo

bomber

Jeopardy Is My Road Game
Silver Member
I agree Patrick. Very useful shot that is overlooked by weaker players. I am gonna hit your spot with some speed. I would also probably choose to go into the 7 and the 4 in the spot. It makes the escape harder.

bomber

Jeopardy Is My Road Game
Silver Member
Ball Placement

This is not a shot, but a diagram about ball placement...I have found that the location of the one ball and the two ball in the diagram can wreak havoc for your opponent in early game situations. It is, in my opinion, one of the best places to have balls located. It causes a lot of trouble for your opponent. However, the only drawback, is that it can cut off some bank lanes. Position them carefully and you will see the power of these balls...like I said though, mainly early in the game.

CueTable Help

bomber

Jeopardy Is My Road Game
Silver Member
bomber said:
This is not a shot, but a diagram about ball placement...I have found that the location of the one ball and the two ball in the diagram can wreak havoc for your opponent in early game situations. It is, in my opinion, one of the best places to have balls located. It causes a lot of trouble for your opponent. However, the only drawback, is that it can cut off some bank lanes. Position them carefully and you will see the power of these balls...like I said though, mainly early in the game.

CueTable Help

If your opponent takes intentionall scratch, here is a fine option to return his shot and keep your position. This shot is a great shot...don't treat balls near your pocket like they are the holy grail...shoot them occasionally!

CueTable Help

mosconiac

Job+Wife+Child=No Stroke
Silver Member
Roy Steffensen said:
Great thread!!!

CueTable Help

You don't dare miss that 10 because either the 10 or 5 (if the CB goes long) is getting banked into your opponents pocket.