Forsale JOSS "Joe Balsis" cue

SKJoss72

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hi i am new to these forums but have a beautiful, early 80's Joss made for Joe Balsis (straight Pool) and given to him for his induction into the hall of fame. I have the cue with loads of ivory I dont know how to load photos on here but there are a couple on another post I made trying to identify another cue. either way I know what this cue is and how many hours went into making this (Talked to Dan Janes a couple of years ago) I have cert of auth. from Joe Balsis' widow and verbal auth. from Dan janes so this is the real deal. I can take it to Towson MD and get written auth. if needed, but I dont need to for my sake. I can email photos to serious buyers or someone who can post them,

One Butt 2 straight as an arrow shafts, with ivory far. the weight is 19.
oz dont know them seperated.

dont care if I sell this and I dont desire any trades 4000.00 OBO no nicks or scratches anywhere.

stevekur1

The "COMMISH"
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
Paying it Forward, here are the pics !!

Good luck with the sale !

Steve

Picture1608.jpg
[/IMG]

Picture1607.jpg
[/IMG]

SKJoss72

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The other shaft is the same as the one in the photo, disreguard the bottom cue thats the one I was trying to identify.

The butt is not ivory but all other white inlays are. let me know what you think....

SKJoss72

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
bump is this price unreasonable? I know this is a bad time to sell a cue but this is truely a one of a kind owned by a professional straight pool player from the 40's50's 60's

mamono

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
There are two things going on here: 1) new member trying to sell a high dollar item, 2) notable item without provenance, and 3) need for escrow.

It probably would be easier for you to sell this item under consignment with one of the many cue dealers that are available out there. If you do want to sell her privately, then going through an escrow will help drastically. Having a letter of authentication from Dan Janes would be extremely nice and would definitely move the sale along swiftly.

Just adding my 2 cents, GLWS.

SKJoss72

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
yeah I will be glad to go through escrow as I understand people pulling stunts. there is someone here from east stroudsburg who can be used if it comes to that point. also If there is serious interrest I will take it down to MD and have it auth. It basically was done verbally during the billiards expo (Alan Hopkins) a couple years ago when I brought it down to him. I understand this is a new member saying all this. but as i said If there is a serious buyer I will do the leg work and get the Auth from Dan Janes. as far as my ownership I already have the cert. from Joe balsis's widow and a verbal from the maker. thats all i need.

As a matter of fact the guy on here from stroudsburg (Fast and Loose)knows of this cue and knows the guy I bought it off of (Rich Sluzallis) not sure if that helps

Last edited:

SKJoss72

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
BUMP being as I have yet to see anything as rare someone let me know what they think this is worth, just curious, if its because i am a new member and there are mistrust issues or am I way off base with my price?

Str8PoolPlayer

“1966 500 SuperFast”
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
As a matter of fact the guy on here from stroudsburg (Fast and Loose)knows of this cue and knows the guy I bought it off of (Rich Sluzalis) not sure if that helps

I distinctly remember a few years back when Rich was brokering a lot of Joe Balsis' personal billiard cues and other memorabilia for the Balsis family.

He goes by MAX06 on AZB and should be available by way of a PM.

SKJoss72

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
how about 50$ maybe i should give it away because I dont have the provenance mentioned above. what makes me laugh is that everyone thinks that Joss just makes production cues and because if this they say i will never get anywhere near what I am asking... this is every it as nice and collectable as anything out there....Just venting