Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Azb made the setlist!!
Screenshot_20240319-093209.jpg

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
I’m halfway up this stuck….in traffic…about three feet behind a delivery van….first car….been driving a month….
…… got both my feet on the brake…felt I was gonna slide back down the hill….hoped I would start sliding before that
@#*& delivery van slid right over me. 😳
IMG_0830.jpeg

DaveK

Still crazy after all these years
Silver Member
A 15% grade means for every 100' of horizontal, the grade rises or falls vertical 15'.

You lost me with the fractions.

For contrast, the steepest paved road in Colorado is 9%.
Interesting about Colorado, would have though there would be steeper.

Some grades have names, originating with the earliest railroads in England (there were none earlier).
----------------------
from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Western_Main_Line#History

The Great Western Main Line (GWML) is a main line railway in England that runs westwards from London Paddington to Bristol Temple Meads. It connects to other main lines such as those from Reading to Penzance and Swindon to Swansea.[2] Opened in 1841, .....

The alignment was so level and straight it was nicknamed "Brunel's billiard table".
--------------------
It's slope is 0.07575% and named after Isambard Kingdom Brunel.

Dave

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
I’m halfway up this stuck….in traffic…about three feet behind a delivery van….first car….been driving a month….
…… got both my feet on the brake…felt I was gonna slide back down the hill….hoped I would start sliding before that
View attachment 749687
For reference, this is about a 33% (10/30 or 1/3) grade.
Blank (1).png

pj
chgo

Last edited:

SSDiver2112

2b || !2b t^ ?
View attachment 749687

Driving clutch, stopping at an intersection, figuring out how to operate three pedals with two feet before you drift back into the guy behind you when you try to go again. Thank God for the emergency break when I was learning.