girls, dope and pool

BlackDragon

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I dunno. Get up in the morning, check the az trivia...get some ideas and go off and shoot a pool session and shoot another session in the evening.
The thing that bugs me a bit is that not many girls shoot pool and if I was doing something else I'd pick up girls...like I'm coming back from the pool hall late night when theyre leaving the disco and they look at me like "what is doing, why he didnt come play us on the dancefloor"
the pool world is just chauvinstic
then I like getting stoned and probably cant play more than two hours without wanting a beer.......so hows that for effect......
how much time do I have to get drunk or stoned and hang out with the babes as well as shoot pool is a big dilemna
so who's managed to put the holy trinity together successfully, the babes, booze and dope and come out on top with their pool game...haha

Dhakala

Banned
BlackDragon said:
The thing that bugs me a bit is that not many girls shoot pool and if I was doing something else I'd pick up girls...

BD, I've been to your blog where you enthuse about the ready availability of Chinese girls. :rolleyes:

they look at me like "what is doing, why he didnt come play us on the dancefloor"

And then their curiosity leads them right where you want them, eh? I note that they are not going home with the guys who played with them on the dance floor. :D

:confused: You say that as if it's a bad thing.

how much time do I have to get drunk or stoned and hang out with the babes as well as shoot pool is a big dilemna

Not if you settle for doing all three, badly.

so who's managed to put the holy trinity together successfully, the babes, booze and dope and come out on top with their pool game...haha

Jackie Gleason, for one.

Purdman

Banned
Who Ya Say!

Man, when I was in high school, all you had to do was have a bag of weed and you could have all the girls you wanted. Back in the late 60s I was the man! I had just got out of reform school, and for some reason the girls gravitated to the "BAD" kid. The boys would walk down the ther side of the hall when I was comming. Nobody took the time to find out that I was a good guy. Just got into a little trouble.
Today, I have a beautiful pool playing wife of 31 years, I can get stoned whenever I like (I don't like to much anymore, but I can) and I can play pool when I want to. She was upset about me going to the Open without her this year, but she don't belong there with me. She now knows I have a passion for pool, the players, cues, cue makers, and my pool friends. She understands that enjoying life is very important to me. When I get home from work, she wants to shoot pool, every evening buddy. I can honestly tell you that I am one fortunate guy. I can also have a beer whenever I wish to. I am trying to lose about 40 pounds so I am laying off the beers. I like the imported (260 calorie) beers.
Thats my story and I am sticking with it!!!!
Purdman:D

MrLucky

Pool Fanatic!!
Silver Member
So does she have a sister?

Purdman said:
Man, when I was in high school, all you had to do was have a bag of weed and you could have all the girls you wanted. Back in the late 60s I was the man! I had just got out of reform school, and for some reason the girls gravitated to the "BAD" kid. The boys would walk down the ther side of the hall when I was comming. Nobody took the time to find out that I was a good guy. Just got into a little trouble.
Today, I have a beautiful pool playing wife of 31 years, I can get stoned whenever I like (I don't like to much anymore, but I can) and I can play pool when I want to. She was upset about me going to the Open without her this year, but she don't belong there with me. She now knows I have a passion for pool, the players, cues, cue makers, and my pool friends. She understands that enjoying life is very important to me. When I get home from work, she wants to shoot pool, every evening buddy. I can honestly tell you that I am one fortunate guy. I can also have a beer whenever I wish to. I am trying to lose about 40 pounds so I am laying off the beers. I like the imported (260 calorie) beers.
Thats my story and I am sticking with it!!!!
Purdman:D

:D or perhaps you can send me a piece of hair so I can get her cloned???

BlackDragon

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well I'm back after a four hour pool session with a beer and mutton satay sticks and a beer intermission. It was good. The guy changed my tip. I had this big put on, like slide it on tip. it was fat. I was playing with this superflat tip on my other cue but man the ferrule was getting too closer to nothing.
All the shops are closed for holidays so no fresh tips. I dunno about you guys but I go through a tip in about three weeks.
Dhakala, I guess that depends.
So anyway sink my coldies now.

If I'm playing pool, I don't have time for anything else.
Like "cmon over to dinner, its my sisters birthday", "nah, I'm playing pool"
Well I do ...look at az and think about playing pool.
Its an addiction.
Its healthy for me.
As far as woman go, I spend as much time getting away from them as I can. Cause I got to focus as I have a steady girlfriend and dont want to fool around and if I'm playing pool I'm not often fooling around, flirting maybe.
But the more pool I play the less I seem to need other things in my life
I don't know if thats a good or a bad thing. :cool:

cmartor3

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It is very hard to want & or have a relationship when you're trying to focus on the game....I've been playing pool 14 yrs & realize that who needs a boyfriend, when i got pool....however, when the time comes...everyone needs a little luvin....If you can manage a girl & pool than you got your head on straight.....if you're that good at playing pool, I'd keep your game the number 1 priority right now.....see where it takes you...B/c this coming from a girl pool shooter, I know that my head is always focused on my most important thing in my life, & thats pool.....I dont have a boyfriend, & the last time I did, it threw my game off....just take what you can deal with & forget about everything else......

Solartje

the Brunswick BUG bit me
Silver Member
double that shugga brownie ;)

knowing you maybe a that little much better then the rest in here , i totally agree with how you are deeling with man-pool- etc. u are enjoying life like u should, and u know im always ready to make your life just that little bit more fun :p there's nothing wrong with a bit of flirting here and there. its harmless fun that sometimes sutes a poolplayer better then a regular boy or girlfriend

i dont dare to say it out TOO loud, but pool is my #1 thing. when a girl brakes up: i play pool and feel better. when im waisted, i play pool and feel happy, when im angry i play pool and i feel relaxed, when im stoned (lucky its legal in my country) i play pool and feel im in heaven, when im bored i play pool and i feel occupied , when im happy i play pool and feel even more happier, when i sleep i dream of pool.

wich other thing in life can make me feel so good in all these situations...

I do life together with a girl who likes pool but in moderated amounts. she understands pool comes before everything, and a important tournament goes in front of a anything else. i cant move a tournament to another date, but i can party every day of the week with her. so im lucky to be able to smoke legally, play pool as if my life depended on it, think about it 24/7, and still have a loving girlfriend who is there 24/7 to do everything a girlfriend does :rolleyes:

BUT!

ill NEVER EVER do the same error , and try to be my girlfriends coach!. they absorb SO much of your time you game just totally LOSES it, you CANT be concentrated with someone asking you what we need to put on the shoppinglist when u are in a hill hill game for the qualification match vs a opponent that has beeten u 3 times in the last month.

been there , done that, didnt work AT ALL.

so our deal: we are going to move to a bigger place, get ourselves a pooltable, give her my collection of instructional video's and ill be giving her drills for a full week, but wont stand there next to here to check on everything. she'll have to learn it her own way, and at her own speed.

if u are anything serious about pool, u AINT got time to learn your girlfriend how to play the game. u can give her the aids, but in the end, she'll have to learn it by herselve.

C'tje ;) thats why u are my perfect lover. we live to far to interfere with our game, but we can have some fun together ;) at the end, we are all humans with needs :cool:

Dhakala

Banned
Purdman said:
Man, when I was in high school, all you had to do was have a bag of weed and you could have all the girls you wanted. Back in the late 60s I was the man! I had just got out of reform school, and for some reason the girls gravitated to the "BAD" kid.

I grew up on the South Side of Chicago, near Midway Airport... "the baddest part of town." ::rolleyes: Mom, the original struggling single parent, worked hard to send me to a literally ivy-covered college prep high school, where most of my classmates had silver spoons up their fundaments. I was the kid from the wrong side of the tracks, so I must have had the best dope connections.

Actually, I wasn't into the stuff at all, and the frequent importunities of my classmates exasperated me. So I came up with what they wanted.

I flushed a few nightcrawlers out of the lawn with a solution of powdered mustard, ground them up and dried them. That "hash" sold for $60 a gram in those days... and I had all the repeat customers I could handle. :D

recoveryjones

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
BlackDragon said:
I dunno. Get up in the morning, check the az trivia...get some ideas and go off and shoot a pool session and shoot another session in the evening.
The thing that bugs me a bit is that not many girls shoot pool and if I was doing something else I'd pick up girls...like I'm coming back from the pool hall late night when theyre leaving the disco and they look at me like "what is doing, why he didnt come play us on the dancefloor"
then I like getting stoned and probably cant play more than two hours without wanting a beer.......so hows that for effect......

I agree with you 100% about the lack of girls in the pool hall.I love women and I love pool,however, I won't let a potential girlfriend mess up my pool life.:D

Anyways, your post has spawned some creativity in me and I've wrote a song about our dilemna in another thread called "Sex and drugs and rack them balls."

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=42931

Go there to check it out for some laughs.

RJ

Last edited:

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Dhakala said:
I flushed a few nightcrawlers out of the lawn with a solution of powdered mustard, ground them up and dried them. That "hash" sold for $60 a gram in those days... and I had all the repeat customers I could handle. :D

I guess your Mom must have forgotten to teach you morals. Selling "fake" dope, for outrageous prices, may have made you money...but you lost out in the end, and apparently are proud enough of this behavior to brag about it here! :rolleyes:

Scott Lee
www.poolknowledge.com

Purdman

Banned
MrLucky said:
:D or perhaps you can send me a piece of hair so I can get her cloned???

Man, I wouldn't wish her sister on my worst enemy. Narcistic selfish _________ __________ _________ (Fill in the blanks). However, I am sure there are more out there like my wife.
Don
You just got to have a good heart and the right stuff in your bag.;)
Don't roll em so tight!

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
Blackdragon,

You have to decide what life you want for yourself. I did 25 years ago and quit the game. Thank god.

Chris

Last edited:

zeeder

Will queue for cues
Silver Member
Hell, I don't have any of the above. I couldn't get a girl if I won the PowerBall, I don't know where to find the dope and I suck at pool. I guess I'm the loser trifecta.

MrLucky

Pool Fanatic!!
Silver Member
Ha!

Scott Lee said:
I guess your Mom must have forgotten to teach you morals. Selling "fake" dope, for outrageous prices, may have made you money...but you lost out in the end, and apparently are proud enough of this behavior to brag about it here! :rolleyes:

Scott Lee
www.poolknowledge.com

Scott you forgot to add ...More importantly he grew up in what he thought "was a bad part of town!" in NY where I grew up you wouldn't be able to post this message after trying to pull a lame stunt like "ground up night crawlers for hash ! Jeez that area wasn't bad they were just dumb!:eek:

BlackDragon

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
yeah thanx
did my pool sessions. they had a hard time winning. haha
kinda a generic question. Pool is a mans world so does it foster dysfunctional or nonfunctional gender socio-sexual relating abilities. The ability to date, or to connect with a woman.
there must be some pool stories of the night they pulled the trifecta or quinella, the babe and the comp and were drinking as they go.
Then off to the disco, I dunno.
It does an require an adaptation of the significant other, wife or girlfriend to adapt and accomodate and even nourish a pool players sport and recreation.
I couldnt really see their being a relationship, if not.
good tune, recovery jones :cool:

Even get the feeling you aiming to just miss the ball and your serve is going to swing it in on the long table fine cut...:cool: Cause sometimes for me its that close....

deep

OFF THE CHAIN
Silver Member
Lack of girls is defiantly NOT a problem in my local pool hall, there's always a fin selection in there.