"Gold Crown" Ball Polisher

GoldCrown

Pool players have more balls
Gold Member
Silver Member
Its not like you carry one around so why a battery version? Surely you're joking. I think a wind/solar option would sell great. ;)
Wind-up … old school crank. Runs for 15 minutes with 3 crank rotations

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
let's see a pic. i'll have one ready by next week
How are you going to copy it in a week without seeing what's on the inside? If you can do that why would you then even need a picture? Just go ahead and build it and post up the pics next Monday, I look forward to seeing them. :D

RazaXML

How are you going to copy it in a week without seeing what's on the inside? If you can do that why would you then even need a picture? Just go ahead and build it and post up the pics next Monday, I look forward to seeing them. :D
actually i already did that

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This you?

Screenshot 2024-05-01 at 7.31.06 AM.png

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No. Looks like someone stole, my stolen design lol. Plus I would never make a top that looks that ugly with an overhang around the edge. Grow a pair and miter the top into the box. If you know what you're doing it can be done seamlessly.
I hear you. Form was just as high on my list as function when I built mine.

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
How do you know that it would work as well or better than RKC's if his isn't finished yet?? I wasn't questioning anyone's ability to copy something rather how are you going to copy it in a limited time before having even seen the item??

RazaXML

How do you know that it would work as well or better than RKC's if his isn't finished yet?? I wasn't questioning anyone's ability to copy something rather how are you going to copy it in a limited time before having even seen the item??
I don't. I've taken guesses as to what a "better" ball cleaner design would mean and modeled up some ideas in cad. I'll see if any of them are right... I did make one design I believe has merit and works in a way no ball cleaner has ever done before without being overly complicated... We'll see

Last edited:

kitsap

Registered
Since this has become the biggest ball polisher thread I thought I'd ask my question here. Hope that's okay.

Two questions I'm hoping to get some help with. I have an older ballstar Optima BCM201

1.) The red fuse insert is gone. The black square case is still there. Any idea where I can get a replacement?
2.) The side pads are caked with polish and funk. Anything you can soak them in to get them clean?

Thanks in advance!!

View attachment 759509View attachment 759510
For your fuse holder, go to Grainger Industrial Supply. www.grainger.com Do a product search for fuse holders.

You will most likely have to purchase a complete fuse holder unit, base and insert, instead of just the missing insert.

We have one of these at a local senior center. I believe replacement interior soft parts are available from the OEM.

See attached.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-05-23 184922.jpg
    Screenshot 2024-05-23 184922.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 21

muskyed

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Have to admit, I like there is a overhang on the top. Would make it much easier to pick up and move around.

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just wanted to report back to let everyone know how electrically dangerous the Ballstar polisher is. I tore it apart to change the fuse holder only to find the metal container wasn't even grounded. They actually cut the ground wire off the cord that has a three prong plug. There is zero reason to not provide an equipment ground. Anyway, what a pile of garbage. I'm adding a case ground.

Also, this machine was full of dirty stringy lint like material. It was everywhere.View attachment 759721View attachment 759722View attachment 759723View attachment 759724View attachment 759725
Very insightful info. You should have started your own thread for this instead of burying it in an 18 page thread. Others that have the same issue may never find it.

RobM

Good progress today. I got the function of the unit to where I want it. The carpet kit Diamond sells left the balls very hazy. I chalked it up to a combination of the Tiger Products ball cleaner solution I use and the high nylon content of the carpet. The liquid cleaning solution cannot be absorbed and dried by the carpet and essentially smeared the product on the balls. This carpet will work with the Meguair's Cleaner Wax due to the drying properties of car wax. I prefer to not use car products on my pool balls for a variety of reasons, all personal preference. My solution was to use a combination of pile carpet and a microfiber bonnet and towel. I also used a piece of peel and stick 1/4" foam rubber on the platter for clearance and cushion. In retrospect, I probably could have placed the bonnet over the carpet Diamond provided but I liked the idea of the extra cushion. At any rate, the new combo cleans the balls to a high shine.
HI Scott,
I'm working on my "antique" polisher to match my table ( A post with photos will follow shortly as soon as I figure out how to decrease the size of the photos so AZ will accept them :mad:) and starting to think about the functional parts (Carpet, sprocket, microfiber bonnet, etc.).

You mentioned a towel in the above post. Is the towel between the (platter-foam rubber) and the bonnet for added cushion?
Also, I'm assuming those are just stock Diamond sprockets, right?

Anyone else care to chime in on the consumables for the Diamond Polisher? Like what cleaning solution, what dilution of it, how to hold the carpet in place..... Basically any hacks for these parts to make them work better or cheaper?

Thanks, Rob

Last edited:

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
HI Scott,
I'm working on my "antique" polisher to match my table ( A post with photos will follow shortly as soon as I figure out how to decrease the size of the photos so AZ will accept them :mad:) and starting to think about the functional parts (Carpet, sprocket, microfiber bonnet, etc.).

You mentioned a towel in the above post. Is the towel between the (platter-foam rubber) and the bonnet for added cushion?
Also, I'm assuming those are just stock Diamond sprockets, right?

Anyone else care to chime in on the consumables for the Diamond Polisher? Like what cleaning solution, what dilution of it, how to hold the carpet in place..... Basically any hacks for these parts to make them work better or cheaper?

Thanks, Rob
For the platter, I used 1/4” (I think) foam rubber with self adhesive on the wood, then a microfiber bonnet for the cleaning surface. I used pile carpet on the wall and the stock Diamond sprocket. This combinaction seems to work well with my 8oz isopropyl alcohol/2-4 tablespoons Aramith Ball Cleaner.

Looking forward to seeing your pics!

realkingcobra

Silver Member
For the platter, I used 1/4” (I think) foam rubber with self adhesive on the wood, then a microfiber bonnet for the cleaning surface. I used pile carpet on the wall and the stock Diamond sprocket. This combinaction seems to work well with my 8oz isopropyl alcohol/2-4 tablespoons Aramith Ball Cleaner.

Looking forward to seeing your pics!
No belts, no pulleys, no sprockets, no carpets, nothing used in any ball polisher used today will be used in my new ball polisher! In fact, the buffing area isn't even round, yet has 2 turns and 2 straightaways, causing the balls way more rotation than any ball polisher ever built🤣