Golf Course/W Pool Tables

JPB2

Are there still courses with billiard rooms anywhere?
I’ve never had the pleasure really. Tacoma Elks has billiards and owns the golf course. I think the course is public but the billiards is members only. Played a 3C tournament there. The snooker table at the Dormie House at Lytham gets talked about. I’ve never been there.

Korsakoff

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I don't think there is the demand for billiard rooms in country clubs in the US anymore. They use the square footage for other amenities.

I think there are a few clubs in the UK that have some nice snooker rooms.

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Are there still courses with billiard rooms anywhere?
Linville Ridge GC in Linville, NC has a 9-foot antique Brunswick set up in the club’s grill room - one of numerous antique Brunswick tables owned by the club’s founder/owner. I don’t think it gets much play.

Roscoe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I live in a retirement community in Jackson, NJ. We have a wonderful, professionally designed, golf course and in our clubhouse game room are 3 Brunswick tables. We are in the process of recovering them with Champion 3030.

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't think there is the demand for billiard rooms in country clubs in the US anymore. They use the square footage for other amenities.

I think there are a few clubs in the UK that have some nice snooker rooms.

Billiards/pool/etc.. have lost quite a bit of cachet as a gentlemen's pastime in the USA, probably started to decline from the times men only clubs started to become un-popular.

Island Drive

Otto/Dads College Roommate/Cleveland Browns
Silver Member
The few I've seen, were usually in the basement of the clubhouse.

skip100

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The only pool tables I can remember seeing recently at golf courses were at Rustic Canyon GC (6 footer) and StoneTree GC.

Most private clubs in the US have more than enough room for a pool table or two. If demand existed they would be there, but unfortunately demand doesn’t exist.

The California GC, one of the only all-male clubs on the west coast, has a former smoking and card room that is unsightly, largely disused and begging for a pool table. It shows has far pool has fallen in the eyes of rich people that even those guys don’t have one.