Good Cue

Rickw

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Can anyone recommend a really good cue? I'm primarily interested in how the cue hits. I don't care so much about the looks as much as the performance. I'm currently shooting with a Pechaur and I really like it except it's a little short for me. I have a long wing span and need a cue that's about 2 or 3 inches longer than the standard cue (57 to 59 inches). I'm leaning towards getting another Pechaur but I know this is going to cost a little more because of the customization, so before I lay out the cash, I'd like to know what other options are out there. Thanks.

czar

Registered
I'm currently playing with a Dale Perry, the hit is incredibly solid!
Dave Jacoby is also a great guy to work with, very nice playing cues with great craftsmanship at reasonable prices. Check out their websites or email me for their phone numbers. Good luck in your search! Dave

azhousepro

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Chucklez here on the site plays with a Jacoby that he really likes. I think he now plays 100% with the Jacoby instead of the Schon he owns.

I personally play with a Layani and I love it.

Mike

B

Beavis

YES ! Our first cue argument on the new forum !

*snicker* Just kidding of course.

I think you would be much better getting a longer cue made rather than just a longer shaft. A long shaft on that cue would move the balance point.

Good luck !

bruin70

don't wannabe M0DERATOR
Silver Member
this is only something YOU can decide for yourself. go to one of these expos, like valley forge, where you can try a vast array of cues in one venue.

Rickw

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for the feedback on cues! I did try getting a longer shaft for another cue that I have and like one of the posters said, it changed the balance point. That's why I really want a custom cue made to fit my needs appropriately. I sent an email to Dale Perry and am waiting for a response. I'm going to check out Jacobi cues too.

Again, thanks a lot!

B

Beavis

Rick,

If you really, really love your cue.... You can have a custom cue maker add an inch and make ya some new longer shafts. It will cost ya, but if ya love the cue, its a way to go.

Last edited:

Chucklez65

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Like Mike said above, I have been playing with a Jacoby now for about a month, maybe a little longer and I put away the schon. I have used the Schon for about 12 years and I really enjoy the hit of the Jacoby cue and he will make custom cues as well.

Just an opinion.

Chucklez65

azhousepro

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Speaking of cues, I have been thinking about adding a section to the forums where people can post pics of their cues. I think most all of us are very proud of the cues we use and this would be a place to let us all see what you have.

Maybe even post some pics of nice cues out there that you don't own. I know there are some pics of some beautiful Motteys up on ebay right now.

Anyone have any thoughts on the idea?

Mike

Cardinal_Syn

Julz
Silver Member
that's a great idea....really great. :D
AzHousePro said:
Speaking of cues, I have been thinking about adding a section to the forums where people can post pics of their cues. I think most all of us are very proud of the cues we use and this would be a place to let us all see what you have.

Maybe even post some pics of nice cues out there that you don't own. I know there are some pics of some beautiful Motteys up on ebay right now.

Mike

Celtic

AZB's own 8-ball jihadist
Silver Member
yeah

Get a Mikkelsen. Custom cue maker in Canada. He is making unreal hitting cues that alot of the top players around Western Canada are using. He has made quite afew cues that are longer then the standard 58 inches.

Email me at Lyonspride@shaw.ca for more info if ya want.

bruin70

don't wannabe M0DERATOR
Silver Member
AzHousePro said:

Mike

nice idea,,,,and different from other cue boards.

azhousepro

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Are there other boards out there with a section like this? I frequent most of the billiards sites and hadn't seen anything like this.

Mike

Koop

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I love the idea Mike. I am in the process right now of trading my Schon for a custom Jacoby. I have heard nothing but good things from them and the Jacobys are a pleasure to deal with.

Koop

bruin70

don't wannabe M0DERATOR
Silver Member
AzHousePro said:
Are there other boards out there with a section like this? I frequent most of the billiards sites and hadn't seen anything like this.

Mike

if you mean pool sites, i haven't seen any. if you mean other types of sites,,,,yes. if you mean pool sites with a section where people show and tell, i haven't seen any. it's a good way to evolve this site into a community "feel".

i also think, though, that the more community feel it becomes, the more you can expect threads to stray away from billiards.

azhousepro

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
That isn't really a terrible thing. My buddy runs one of the top Pittsburgh Steelers sites out there and his forums are a real community of Steelers fans.

It is amazing how much traffic his forums get.

Mike

azhousepro

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
bruin70 said:
you'll need an "off topic" forum, for sure.

Yeah, that would be needed. Lets see how bad we are about staying on topic here before we add an 'off topic' area.

Mike

Warren

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
AzHousePro said:

Mike

yeah, easypooltutor has a section on their forums devoted to cues, and its one of the most popular sections. its a good idea, i'd roll with it.

the question i'd pose is will azbilliards offer the space to host the images? the pics that sometimes get posted on the EPT forum are all hosted somewhere else. that limits the actual use of the forum for posting pics, so most of it is just talking.

oh, and an FYI you may want to include for such a forum. i got this info from sean at cueaddicts.com, i asked him how the heck they got such nice pics, cause i was using a very nice digital camera and couldn't get anything remotely close. they actually use a scanner, not a camera to get the pics! maybe everyone already knows that, but it was news to me (and judging by most of the pics on ebay, they didn't realize it either).

warren..