Got my Atlas goodies!!!

jazzn4444

the Unknown
Silver Member
I just got my red box full of goodness! These "Doodles" are the best. I think I may have to eat these in moderation! Thanks Atlas!

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
qbilder said:
I'm never buying anything from Atlas again. I never get the holiday goodies.
Me neither.
I guess you need to spend $500 on one order.

dave sutton

Banned
JoeyInCali said:
Me neither.

been there done that

altough the double charge does hurt for that 3 day hold process. i hate when they do that sh1t

Sheldon

dontneednostinkintitle
Silver Member
They've sent 'em to me every year.... haven't seen mine yet this year though. Can't wait, it's pretty good stuff. :D

qbilder

slower than snails
Silver Member
JoeyInCali said:
Me neither.

Done that, I think. I have spent a lot with them for sure. Bungholes can keep everything they got from now on. Everything is going to crap anyway, no quality anymore. They could have kept getting my money if only they had sent me some goodies :(

rhncue

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
qbilder said:
Done that, I think. I have spent a lot with them for sure. Bungholes can keep everything they got from now on. Everything is going to crap anyway, no quality anymore. They could have kept getting my money if only they had sent me some goodies :(

If I remember correctly, a couple of years ago it was said that you have to spend 1,000.00 a year.

Dick

Mc2

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
rhncue said:
If I remember correctly, a couple of years ago it was said that you have to spend 1,000.00 a year.

Dick

I recieved mine today. Don't know if that is a good thing or bad. Either way I ain't sending them back. I will of course continue to buy from them. You would think though that if I spent that much with them two years running that I would have made at least 5 working cues.

jimbo.

qbilder

slower than snails
Silver Member
rhncue said:

Dick

I don't. In that case, I guess I can forgive them. They better not let it happen again, though :mad: Seriously, I have no clue how I would even spend $1G with Atlas in a year.

rhncue

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
qbilder said:
I don't. In that case, I guess I can forgive them. They better not let it happen again, though :mad: Seriously, I have no clue how I would even spend $1G with Atlas in a year.

Actually, it's not that hard. I usually get my Mooris there so that's a couple of hundred, a couple of pounds of linen, 150 or 200.00 in ferrule material plus all of the phenolics, some shaft inserts and so forth and it all adds up quickly.

Dick

qbilder

slower than snails
Silver Member
rhncue said:
Actually, it's not that hard. I usually get my Mooris there so that's a couple of hundred, a couple of pounds of linen, 150 or 200.00 in ferrule material plus all of the phenolics, some shaft inserts and so forth and it all adds up quickly.

Dick

Yeah, I guess so. I don't do many wraps, rarely need shaft inserts, and get my ferrule material elsewhere. I used to get my tips there but since changing brands I get them direct. I do get phenolic there but have been looking for alternate sources.

rhncue

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
qbilder said:
Yeah, I guess so. I don't do many wraps, rarely need shaft inserts, and get my ferrule material elsewhere. I used to get my tips there but since changing brands I get them direct. I do get phenolic there but have been looking for alternate sources.

Phenolic is tough to find any more. Most of the plants are closing up since it's use has sharply declined in the Electronics industry. I used to get all of my phenolics directly from the factory, NVF, at a much better rate than I could get from Atlas or Prather but they were bought out and their minimum order sky rocketed and the line of items they produced became very limited. Both G.E and Westinghouse got out of the manufacturing business.

I don't use inserts in my cues but I probably make a hundred or so shafts for other cues in a year. Building cues is a good pass time but repair work is where it's at. Every job, other than polishing shafts, is different. You don't ever get bored.

Dick

Last edited:

qbilder

slower than snails
Silver Member
rhncue said:
Phenolic is tough to find any more. Most of the plants are closing up since it's use has sharply declined in the Electronics industry. I used to get all of my phenolics directly from the factory, NVF, at a much better rate than I could get from Atlas or Prather but they were bought out and their minimum order sky rocketed and the line of items they produced became very limited. Both G.E and Westinghouse got out of the manufacturing business.
Dick

I'd sure like to find some good brown, not that skin colored stuff or that chocolate brown stuff, but the red/brown stuff. I used to get it from Atlas but seemed like all the sudden it changed from brown to tan. Now i'm searching.......again

masonh

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
the last batch of tan we got is almost white.it is way too light in color.good luck trying to match any collars from last year.on another note,i will say that sealing and finishing these cues would fall into the boring and frustrating category for me.

FLYINGSNAIL

Koo Cues
Silver Member
Me too!!!

Chris Byrne said:
I never get any doodles.
I spend some good money with them, I never get any goodies from Atlas. Just buying ferrules metrial alone from them is over $500.00:rolleyes: . Maybe I bought too little.:eek: :eek: :eek:
Kenny Koo aka "FLYINGSNAIL"

Murray Tucker

Just a Padawan
Silver Member
jazzn4444 said:
I just got my red box full of goodness! These "Doodles" are the best. I think I may have to eat these in moderation! Thanks Atlas!

Man I haven't got any in a couple of years now. I guess when you don't build much you don't buy enough stuff to get on their good list.

Mc2

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Chris Byrne said:
I never get any doodles.

Hey Chris, just send me $1000 and I will send my box out. You will have by x-mas.

Sorry, there are a few missing how about $950.

Jimbo.