Help Identifying Unknown??? Players

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
Fred,

We'll take your expertise and run with it. Would she have played during the time frame these photos were taken? Don't ever remember seeing her play in the Northeast. Traveled extensively with Ron Casanzio during that time frame from Maine to Indiana and New York to Maryland. He was the player. I was the co-driver :grin: .

Lyn

She definitely played during that time. But, I wouldn't be surprised to find out that these are photos from the early 90's. Peg rocked that hairstyle out of the 80's and into the 90's, but not so much late 90's and early 00's.

Be that as it may, the Huther Doyle WPBA event was in Rochester in 1999. So, any regional event in the northeast near that event timing may have seen her. I'd expect other WPBA players of the time to be in those sets of photos. Gerda beat Allison in the finals. I was in attendance.

Peg's photo is on the same table as the next photo, I believe (same mirror). That looks like Mike Painter or even blurry Ray Martin.

Freddie <~~~ blind

Last edited:

Pushout

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Fred,

We'll take your expertise and run with it. Would she have played during the time frame these photos were taken? Don't ever remember seeing her play in the Northeast. Traveled extensively with Ron Casanzio during that time frame from Maine to Indiana and New York to Maryland. He was the player. I was the co-driver :grin: .

Lyn

Peg played in, I think, the first BC Open at least, maybe more. I drove her and another lady to the airport at Gary's request.

cardiac kid

Super Senior Member
Silver Member
Peg played in, I think, the first BC Open at least, maybe more. I drove her and another lady to the airport at Gary's request.

There is a photo on the wall with Mike Sigel, Kim Davenport and Gary Pinkowski. Must have been from an awards presentation at the BC Open. Not sure of the year. Thanks for stirring memories.

Lyn

spliced

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The guy in the 3rd pic with the mustache looks a bit like cool cat Ray Martin to me

cardiac kid

Super Senior Member
Silver Member
She definitely played during that time. But, I wouldn't. R surprised to find out that these are photos from the early 90's. Peg rocked that hairstyle out of the 80's and into the 90's, but not so much late 90's and early 00's.

Be that as it may, the Huther Doyle WPBA event was in Rochester in 1999. So, any regional event in the northeast near that event timing may have seen her. I'd expect other WPBA players of the time to be in those sets of photos. Gerda beat Allison in the finals. I was in attendance.

Peg's photo is on the same table as the next photo, I believe (same mirror). That looks like Mike Painter or even blurry Ray Martin.

Freddie <~~~ blind

Damn Freddie, I will never forget that event. Played in a hockey rink with a floor installed over the ice. Burrrrrrrrrr! Yes, there was a WPBA event held in conjunction with the Huther-Doyle supported Irving Crane 8 Ball Championship.

Finished 3/4 if I remember correctly. Lost my last match double hill when my opponent stuck himself going to the 8 ball and kicked banked the ball in. What made it memorable was on the table next to ours, my friend Pat Howey did the same thing to his opponent to win his match. Think the event was won by a Canadian Clyde something. Thanks for the memories!

Lyn

Dagwoodz

the dude abides...
Silver Member
I would agree it is Liscotti and definitely Peg Ledman.

I don't think that top left picture is TK or Larry. While the physical resemblance, either way could be there, the CUE doesn't match up with either. The cue in the picture is a Meucci road man cue. TK, as far as I can remember, has always shot with a SouthWest. Larry had a (mottey? not completely sure of the maker) that was custom just for him (name, whole 9 yards). They do not match the cue in the pictures. Not really sure who it could be though, wish I could help more.

Last edited:

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
Damn Freddie, I will never forget that event. Played in a hockey rink with a floor installed over the ice. Burrrrrrrrrr! Yes, there was a WPBA event held in conjunction with the Huther-Doyle supported Irving Crane 8 Ball Championship.

Finished 3/4 if I remember correctly. Lost my last match double hill when my opponent stuck himself going to the 8 ball and kicked banked the ball in. What made it memorable was on the table next to ours, my friend Pat Howey did the same thing to his opponent to win his match. Think the event was won by a Canadian Clyde something. Thanks for the memories!

Lyn

That's right. And that 8-ball event was a bar box event. I watched the finals. I think each rack was a break and run.

rackmsuckr

Linda Carter - The QUEEN!
Silver Member
That's definitely Peg Ledman. Mary Kenniston is a great historian and picture poster on Facebook. Friend her and get definite answers to everyone else. And yes, that looks like it's Wade Crane/Billy Johnson.

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
That's definitely Peg Ledman. Mary Kenniston is a great historian and picture poster on Facebook. Friend her and get definite answers to everyone else. And yes, that looks like it's Wade Crane/Billy Johnson.

Great minds. I pinged Nightmare to come and check out the thread.

Freddie

BasementDweller

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Seriously - if you thought either of those pictures were of Johnny Archer or Karen Corr I would take a closer look at all the other photos you thought you had positively identified because those pictures look nothi mg like either of them.

Dana Bufalo

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Lyn

Could it have been Claude Bernatchez?

claude-bernatchez-2.gif

http://www.cuesight.com/98-claude-bernatchez.html

Pushout

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The fellow on the bottom right sure looks like Billy Johnson to me:confused: The other two guys look familiar but not sure. NOT Archer!

Robert58

AzB Gold Member
Silver Member
The player in the upper left picture looks like Jimmy Fusco to me. But I can't find a picture of him using a cue like that.