Help need help.

excessknowledge

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
After discussions on here about getting my game in tune for a real shot at the life. I had said I had someone in mind for a trainer.After talking to the person I personally do not feel they are capible of checking me over and seeing what I need.Do any of you know of anyone in the southern Maryland-Dc-North Virginia area that can train PROPERLY at a resonable rate.I need advanced training.I am very flexible with time and would be easy to work with.I also have GC1 just installed and set up so they could come here.

catscradle

<< 2 all-time greats
Silver Member
excessknowledge said:
After discussions on here about getting my game in tune for a real shot at the life. I had said I had someone in mind for a trainer.After talking to the person I personally do not feel they are capible of checking me over and seeing what I need.Do any of you know of anyone in the southern Maryland-Dc-North Virginia area that can train PROPERLY at a resonable rate.I need advanced training.I am very flexible with time and would be easy to work with.I also have GC1 just installed and set up so they could come here.

I think the value of a BCA certification is questionable at times, but you could start by checking out the list of certified instructors here.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You should go to the poll tournament this weekend that is in Rockville. look here http://www.planet-pool.com/
Probably very important to development is exposure to hi level play. Alos Doug Sharp is one of the tour sponsors and a certified instructor who has helped may tour players. He might be there and his contact info is on the page linked above.

excessknowledge

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Black-Balled said:
You should go to the poll tournament this weekend that is in Rockville. look here http://www.planet-pool.com/
Probably very important to development is exposure to hi level play. Alos Doug Sharp is one of the tour sponsors and a certified instructor who has helped may tour players. He might be there and his contact info is on the page linked above.

Somebody dropped his name to me and I forgot it and did not know how to get ahold of the guy.Thanks .Thats probibly a good Idea

vapoolplayer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
excessknowledge said:

just a question here.......you say you need advanced training........what do you call advanced?

are you able to put together a few racks yet?

VAP

excessknowledge

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
vapoolplayer said:
just a question here.......you say you need advanced training........what do you call advanced?

are you able to put together a few racks yet?

VAP

In straight pool? I can shoot about 50 balls.I have ranged from 37 to 50.I can not seem to get over the 51 hump.

vapoolplayer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
excessknowledge said:
In straight pool? I can shoot about 50 balls.I have ranged from 37 to 50.I can not seem to get over the 51 hump.

how is your 9 ball game?

i would suggest going to the planet pool tourney tomorrow in rockville. its going to be a ring game format from what i understand. this will give you a good idea how you stand up to the average tournament player.

you'll know real quick.

VAP

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
excessknowledge said:

You've gotten some good advice here. There are also a few professional instructors, like myself, who travel the country, working with all ability players...frequently in their homes, or home poolrooms. I will be in the MD/DC/VA area, giving lessons, in late June or early July, if you are interested. :D

Scott Lee
www.poolknowledge.com