How do you rest and recover effectively in short breaks?

Pin

Registered
(Inspired by Evergruven's 'Starting strong' thread.)

At events where you have breaks between playing - let's say an hour or two - how do you rest and refresh yourself between playing?

Any equivalent experiences about taking effective breaks in a normal work context or similar?

(For context, at long events with time between matches, I seem to flag as the day goes on. With all the rest time between playing, if I could come back to each new session refreshed, could I maintain a higher standard? I've tried a few things - talking a little walk outside, having a chat, sitting around vacantly, reading a book, even a little meditating - nothing has really been a game-changer.)

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Great question and one that has no real set answer. Everyone has to find their own way to handle the 'off' time. One thing for sure is don't continuously think about pool. You mentioned a few things and all probably work to some degree for different players. I think just relaxing, staying hydrated and then maybe hitting a few close to next match time.

FranCrimi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
How you should deal with time between matches depends on how the previous match or matches went. You have to assess your energy level before you decide what to do. Did you work hard and dig deep to win your last match? Did your last match take a long time and drain your energy? Was it an easy win with very little problem? Did you lose and are you feeling down about your game?

If you're drained, consider a healthy snack that will help to energize you. If you're stressed, maybe a cup of herbal tea and just sitting and relaxing. If you still have a lot of energy left, then maybe you don't have to do anything special. You have to assess yourself and how you're feeling so you can take advantage of that wait time and use it to your favor. You may feel completely different after your next match and then may have to manage your wait time differently than before.

However, always consider having a snack between matches, even if it's just a banana.

Ratta

Hearing the balls.....
Silver Member
How you should deal with time between matches depends on how the previous match or matches went. You have to assess your energy level before you decide what to do. Did you work hard and dig deep to win your last match? Did your last match take a long time and drain your energy? Was it an easy win with very little problem? Did you lose and are you feeling down about your game?

If you're drained, consider a healthy snack that will help to energize you. If you're stressed, maybe a cup of herbal tea and just sitting and relaxing. If you still have a lot of energy left, then maybe you don't have to do anything special. You have to assess yourself and how you're feeling so you can take advantage of that wait time and use it to your favor. You may feel completely different after your next match and then may have to manage your wait time differently than before.

However, always consider having a snack between matches, even if it's just a banana.
Excellent "My Lady" :)