How would you go about this???

Jon

Custom User Title
Silver Member
This is a question for the cuebuilders/repairmen:

Last weekend, i bought a Meucci (95 Series) real cheap, that someone had hit over the table pretty hard, and had broken the entire joint collar (and rings) off of the cue, well i knew how i would repair it, drill and bore the forearm out, glue in a dowel and put the ring back on and switch the joint collar out to linen phenolic (implex is junk), well i got as far as putting in the dowel, (which had a shoulder and what wasn't in the cue was oversized, so i could turn it down to 5/8" and make sure it turned true) and when i used my cutoff tool (the part of the dowel that extended out from the cue was alot longer than it needed to be, giving myself a lot of room to work with) instead of taking an hour to face off what i didn't need, it just kinda exploded lol, not really, all i heard was SNAP, and everything from the dowel down snapped off, and when i looked at the dowel where i was cutting it off, it had a big chunk taken out ( even though i used my live center on the other end and went really slow) i really don't know what happened, but the question is, (after looking at the attached picture) should i take a piece of bird's eye and dowel it in and make up the length and stain it to match ( i was going to sand it down and restain/rewrap/refinish it anyway with a different color stain) or just do what i was going to do before and just make a shorter cue with points close to touching the joint rings???

Thanks

Jon

All Opinions are welcome from everybody... except for the really stupid ones... those we can do without... :)

Last edited:

Jon

Custom User Title
Silver Member
... Gee with all of these replys, i don't know which way to go...

Thanks

Jon