I never saw this video on Johns 626, it's interesting.

gerryf

interesting. That video has only 25000 views, but he has other runs on Youtube with 45000 views.

Is 45000 the size of the worldwide 14.1 audience?

middleofnowhere

Registered
interesting. That video has only 25000 views, but he has other runs on Youtube with 45000 views.

Is 45000 the size of the worldwide 14.1 audience?
Who knows within the world of YouTube there's a guys that get that many views in the first two hours they put a video up, not 2 years. I was just watching videos earlier tonight by a guy who does woodworking videos. He's got like 50 million views.

The_JV

'AZB_Combat Certified'
The low view count speaks volumes to the size of the crowd who cares, and how badly John's efforts/success was marketed.

I had no idea that video existed...lol

The_JV

'AZB_Combat Certified'
Part of that is down to what YouTube chooses to show you. There are 10-year-old videos that suddenly become viral and that is by the whim of the algorithm.
Oh very true.... I do get hammered with pool videos and have been known to search 14.1 from time to time.

Oh, and I happen to frequent a forum dedicated to the conversation of all things pool.

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nicely done video.
It’s not very accurate, as it shows him trying to recreate the shot on the 527th ball and the pressure he felt on it, a beginning of rack break shot. Obviously, for those of us that know how to count 14.1 racks, a break shot would have been ball number 519 in the run (the beginning of the 38th rack).

Assuming he started all innings with a break shot which they always do for the simplicity of keeping track of the number of balls run, ball 527 would have occurred in the middle of the 38th rack.

middleofnowhere

Registered
Part of that is down to what YouTube chooses to show you. There are 10-year-old videos that suddenly become viral and that is by the whim of the algorithm.
I happened to look for John by name the other night to watch his 400+ run. Today when I went to YouTube this video was on the home page. They are kind of self fulfilling searches.

gerryf

No, some people have watched several times.
Yeah no doubt. The live viewers on the Legends streams peaked around 600 for Jayson and Shane, and 500 for Earl, but Ruslan barely passed 100. It would be interesting to know how many of those viewers were in the US. I'd guess almost all of them.

So maybe the world-wide market for 14.1 is a couple of thousand?