Installing Carom Table VS Pool Table

Hoogaar

Registered
If someone is good at installing pool tables, are they likely to be able to do a good job with a carom table, or are there major differences they would need to take into account?

I know nothing about setting tables up, so to me it seems most things would translate with the only difference being no pockets and a heater to plug in, but I'm sure there is something I am not taking into account.

Any advice would be appreciated.

3kushn

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just my opinion. Take it with a grain of salt.
First, it seems that carom cloth is pulled much tighter than pool cloth. If your mechanic knows this and has the strength, no problem.

To me the most important thing is folding the rail cloth. If done correctly, the backup angles will be correct. If done wrong the angles get really wide off the short.
1714769602873.jpeg

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Just my opinion. Take it with a grain of salt.
First, it seems that carom cloth is pulled much tighter than pool cloth. If your mechanic knows this and has the strength, no problem.

To me the most important thing is folding the rail cloth. If done correctly, the backup angles will be correct. If done wrong the angles get really wide off the short.
View attachment 756720
I don't use a fold on the corners, so how does that effect the short rail banks???