IPT Question

Jimmy M.

Insomniac
Silver Member
I've been taking a break from pool for the past month so I really have no idea what's going on in the pool world, but has the great IPT paid any of the Reno participants yet? I'm sure this is old news, but I just recently heard that no one had been paid. Is this true?

av84fun

Banned
Hi Jimmy,
There is a separate thread for the IPT matters that has TONS of posts for your review.
Regards,
Jim

jazznpool

Superior Cues--Unchalked!
Gold Member
Silver Member
Jimmy, Except (maybe) for Efren and Bustamante, nobody has been paid a cracker. Stiffed so far and stinking more each day. It would be great to see the players at least get a partial payment as they had to fade considerable expense to be at Reno. KT has issued a statement saying that the players feasted daily on a lavish buffet and had royal massages during Reno. He says don't be ungrateful...you must realize he's done more for pool than all other promoters combined! He is asking for patience until he finds the sock with the money in it. Who knows how it will sort out.

Martin

Jimmy M. said:
I've been taking a break from pool for the past month so I really have no idea what's going on in the pool world, but has the great IPT paid any of the Reno participants yet? I'm sure this is old news, but I just recently heard that no one had been paid. Is this true?

Last edited:

ribdoner

SATISFACTION GUARANTEED
Silver Member
Jimmy M. said:

Your question is straightforward.

The answer is not.

Depends on how you define "paid."

Is it:

a) When two players receive a checks they are asked to hold

b) They cash the checks

c) The checks clear

That's my take. Not saying I'm right. If anyone comes up with something else don't hesitate to correct me:)

Last edited:

Jimmy M.

Insomniac
Silver Member
I'd consider myself paid when I had the money in my hand.

ribdoner said:
Your question is straightforward.

The answer is not.

Depends on how you define "paid."

Is it:

a) When two players receive a checks they are asked to hold

b) They cash the checks

c) The checks clear

That's my take. Not saying I'm right. If anyone comes up with something else don't hesitate to correct me:)

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
class action suit

Hmmm, a class action suit. That would mean that the lawyers would own the IPT and the players would each get a free coupon to play an hour's pool at a pool hall on another continent.

As bad as KT is at the head of the IPT, I think it will be even worse if the lawyers get it. When it comes to really messing people over we would be moving from a gifted amateur to the pro's.

I have a strong suspicion that not only is the IPT in a cash crunch, so is KT. I never bought his two billion worth anyway but if he was worth even a fourth of that paying this purse out of his pocket would be peanuts.

Hu

Dhakala said:
I wonder where the lawyers are? Seems they'd swarming all over this.

JamisonNeu

Mr. Masse
Silver Member
My first and last IPT rant

I hope this doesn't happen. A class action suit would put pool right back into the dark ages. Remember this man has paid in the past. If pool players want to keep going in the right direction they need to either bite the bullet or just wait a little longer. To sue the first big time promoter in 20 yrs. would be a horrible move. Do you think the any other real sponsor's would ever consider pool as a smart move (They don't now).

These are dark times and I really hope that no one in considering sueing anyone. Remember not to bite the hand that feeds you and I don't mean KT's hand I mean the advancement of this game. If this advise for a class action is taken then pool will suffer not KT or his estate. This suit couldn't be won anyway. I'll bet he had a way out from day one. He is probably 100steps ahead of any pool players or their lawers.

Lastly, I know plenty of people that have been paid by him that actually worked for him. Do you think the celebrities he hired didn't get paid? In this case they need to take the hit (If there is one). This option would pay off more dividends in the long run than trying to win a suit that won't be won and chasing off all future big time promoter's.

Just my take not to start anything. I just wanted to post something about my veiws on the IPT. After reading twenty pages of bashing this man's contributions to pool. I have read people's statement's about his character, his money, his rules, his tournament, the selling off of his tour and some bashing even directed at his employees (stoning the innocent now are we). I think this is horrible.

Always remember all men are equal.
(Their words are filled with hot air but, a signature will last forever.)

Jamison

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
JamisonNeu said:
In this case they need to take the hit (If there is one). This option would pay off more dividends in the long run

Jamison

Well...I hope next time the IPT at least kisses them first.

grisbe

Registered
JamisonNeu said:
Lastly, I know plenty of people that have been paid by him that actually worked for him.
Jamison

And there are some of us who worked for him who DIDN'T get paid.

zeeder

Will queue for cues
Silver Member
Does this mean that the IPT is no more? I've been busy and out of the loop here as of late with regards to the IPT goings on.

T

Timberly

zeeder said:
Does this mean that the IPT is no more? I've been busy and out of the loop here as of late with regards to the IPT goings on.
The only thing that's changed is that KT put out an email saying the hold up was because of the Ho transition & for the players to be patient, that they will get paid. :rolleyes: Whether one believe's it or not is another story. IMO all his email did was stop Deno and Lindsay from telling anyone that got ahold of them that the checks are going out the following day. Everything is still up in the air at this point.

jodcue said:
as of a couple days age I heard that players were starting to receive their checks.
Unless you're a player that has gotten a check, this is not true. Myself and a few other people were promised by some of the players that they would let us know as soon as they got a check. One player called me just last night asking if I had heard anything new.

JamisonNeu

Mr. Masse
Silver Member
grisbe said:
And there are some of us who worked for him who DIDN'T get paid.

Sorry, I wasn't aware he stiffed wis W-2 employees? In this regard I always say get your money no matter the consiquence. This would not reflect on the game.

My post was meant to say no sueing of real sponsorships no matter what they do. This could only hurt the game's future. No way it could help at all. The only thing it could help is the players pocket books today. This makes it a bad idea. If the players agree that this guy is no good they need to persue other employment and next time get a real contract. Sueing 1 guy over a few dollar's is the worst move that could ever be done in the history of pool. This is after all a world of style and no longer a world of principal's.

Jamison

BRKNRUN

Showin some A$$
Silver Member
If the players really are not getting paid and have the potential to not get paid at all ........The dumb thing about all this is that the IPT & KT did not need to offer up $2 & 3$ million purses...

He could have easily done max $1 million purse and the same players still would have flocked for a chance at the dough......

What is the over under on how much longer the IPT is going to last?