Jacoby v. Schon v. Joss

MrMaddie

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have some $ to buy a new stick, I've never bought a new one before I've always bought used Meucci's from people and I want something new. What should I go with?

twal

"W"
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Find a place where you can hit with different cues, at least the ones you are interested in.
From there it is very simple.
Buy the one that feels better to you.

discocincy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
schon

for the money and the hit, If you like a stiff hit and a great feel in your hand I personally prefer a schon, I am looking to buy one right now, again for my third and final schon. I may buy more after this but will never sell one again as i collect them.
It is huge difference from a Meucci though I will tell you that. I played with them back when they were still originals. such a soft hit though. you can learn to stroke light and smooth and get 10 times the response out of your rock with a Schon. good luck. Oh and i have shot with many schons and with all new ones it doesn't matter if is a 400 or 3000 dollar Schon they all feel the same.

skip

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Hard to beat a Schon, as for as a so called production cue. That's my daily player. Super to get extra shafts for, I get them from Seyberts.Com. But I also have a play with my Troy Downey completely different feel. What was mention early here try many as you can before you buy. Good luck, its all part of this crazy game. But it still beats a sharp stick in the eye. Skip :)

duece6610

House Mouse
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
my 2 cents

I have shot with all 3........joss i love the look of but they have a dead hit to me.......schons like said b4 they all hit about the same and for a production cue they look great..........one of my back up is a jacoby sneaky. i love the hit and he's really great to work with. but i stick by my motto no matter what u shoot with, the more familiar u are with a cue the better u will shoot, no matter what kinda cue

Clark_the_Shark

Has 9-Ball-itis
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
This thread is not a review. Reviews are the only thing allowed in the review section. Moved to wanted/for sale section.

plhlolelnlilx

F.I.S.H.
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
31   0   0
I've either shot w/ or owned more than one of the following-
Schon: Great hit and probably the highest quality production cue made.

Jacoby: This company is NOT a production cue! They do have jump and break cues that are made and sold in higher quantities but they will build to your specs and Jacoby cues hit as well as any other.

Joss: Joss is as noted above, very similar to Schon. It is a very solid hit but there is little sacrifice in the way of feel.

Jackson: Don't forget Jackson Custom Cue! I have to say that Jackson incorporates all of the above. The only downside is they do not specify or express a given warranty and I have encountered an instance where after about 10 years, the finish on one of the cues had a problem I can't even explain. They will expect you to pay for any repairs.

rigmaster

my puppy is on the left!
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
158   0   0
Tascarella is the way to go! If you must get one of the 3 mentioned get a 82-85 R Series Schon as they play best and will hold their value! Szamboti's and Searings are good too! Ron

BumpnRun

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
You didn't really narrow it down monetarily. Some $ could mean $400 to some people and $4,000 to others. I tend to look for cues under $1k personally. Unfortunately not in the position to go hunting for Southwests or Searings right now.

So, in the under $1k range, I've found that Woodworth makes a very sporty, solid hitting custom cue. I also have a very nice Zac (Scott Zachow) that is one of my favorite players.

Good Luck and happy shopping!