Jayson Shaw's 714 becomes 669?

arnaldo

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Are you sure? I don't recall ever commentating even one match from the DCC 14.1 challenge.
Perhaps this text (seen when a viewer clicks onto the video):

"Danny Harriman Straight Pool 2013 Derby City Classic Brought to you by: Diamond Billiards, Simonis Cloth, Stu Mattana, and Rich Klein Stream being brought to you by:"

. . . refers to you sponsoring the high-run chase to some degree, rather than being a narrator?

Simply click onto the vid and see what they mean. I'm now guessing they mean you contributed $$$ - which was of kind of you to do for 14.1 fans.

Arnaldo

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member

"Danny Harriman Straight Pool 2013 Derby City Classic Brought to you by: Diamond Billiards, Simonis Cloth, Stu Mattana, and Rich Klein Stream being brought to you by:"

. . . refers to you sponsoring the high-run chase to some degree, rather than being a narrator?

Simply click onto the vid and see what they mean. I'm now guessing they mean you contributed $$$ - which was of kind of you to do for 14.1 fans.

Arnaldo
Yes, I was one of the event's sponsors, but I never commentated.

ceebee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Arnaldo
Old Abe, it turns out, knew a great deal more than he was suspected to know. His book learning, coupled with his horse sense help Abraham Lincoln to become the great man he was. And We The People, are the benefactors...

westcoast

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Lucky for you. Anyone would have a tough time commentating that first rack and not showing bewilderment.

Arnaldo
That was a very treacherous first rack! I know these guys bank very well, but a bit odd to bank the ball leading up to the break ball when they cut was there

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
"People were watching the feed"? Loss of space and time - you will find that in the book 'woke does not mean broke' they refer to it as deep space lol. I was informed that the the stream was down for hrs, once I heard you and bobby were allowing the bca to verify yer non continual play footage - that was enough for me to realize my foot will age better if I trust what I see - in continual play 'live' format. I see bobby chamberlane to be a crook and a puppet for the bca, I did not think you were in that catagory' lou - but yer a bca puppet as well. Anytime there is a loss of feed - there is no more live show - in my book. The bca should never have been allowed to verify any 'new record' i.e. c.w./j.s bogus 626 claim - without insisting the 'footage' be shared with Open Public. When I heard you were goin in with Bobby - I lost respect for you lou - period. You and yer pal chamberland having nothin to sell me - including the dead pocket facing - so don't try. Let us leaf it alone lou as I have much more respect for you than that of bobby. If you are in the mix with bca and chamberland - that is wall eye need to know. Techs are phony, live is not memorex, if you want to try and prove yer intellect to me - One Pocket $500.00 per game will suffice - then you get to see my good side good side, but warn in you may find some corns in your foot age. cw./ j.s/bca - stole Mosconi's record - bca should be dismantled - the people have lost complete respect for bca and or anythin they try to push on Open Public. Believing any news I read from bca - is like trying to climb an icy mountain barefoot - yea uh little slippery. Take care of yer feet lucky lou.
You'd be lucky to get past justnum or Justin in a match of intellect

Tiddler

AzB Silver Haired Member
Silver Member
I agree with most of your post, but polished balls IS a big deal for straight pool. I play mostly with balls that are cleaned, but not polished. The difference is dramatic, for break shots.

Just curious, but what is the difference between cleaned and polished. Every commercial ball cleaner cleans and polishes at the same time.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just curious, but what is the difference between cleaned and polished. Every commercial ball cleaner cleans and polishes at the same time.

You could clean balls with Windex and they’d be squeaky clean but would play like ca-ca.

You want them polished so they react the way you expect pool balls to react. You don’t want that much grip-age, or sumthin’ like that.

Lou Figueroa
never a propeller head around
when you need one

arnaldo

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That was a very treacherous first rack! I know these guys bank very well, but a bit odd to bank the ball leading up to the break ball when they cut was there
Jayson's navigational skills would have made very short work of that rack by spotting addressable problems quite early, IMO.
But I do fully understand that a player who hasn't yet warmed up isn't yet fully focused nor playing anywhere near his true speed.

Referring to: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7fpeA8jtI-4

Arnaldo
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Jayson's navigational skills would have made very short work of that rack by spotting addressable problems quite early, IMO.
But I do fully understand that a player who hasn't yet warmed up isn't yet fully focused nor playing anywhere near his true speed.

Referring to: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7fpeA8jtI-4

Arnaldo
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Arnaldo, I have good reason to believe he is testing out the speed of the table and purposely testing out shots he knows he will need down the road, especially given his style of play.

Lou Figueroa
he sure likes to
bump
a lot of balls

Straightpool_99

I see dead balls
Silver Member
Well, you could add more or less cleaner to the machine or run it "dry" (using only residual cleaner in the pads).

If you run with a generous amount of polish, the balls spring apart very easily. If you run it dry, they start out almost the same but very quickly stop reacting this way. My club very frequently runs the balls "dry", unless there is a tournament. Personally, when I practise using my own balls, I dont' use polish at all. I hand clean them, using soap, as per WPA. No polish. There is a difference, and it's not small or subtle at all.

16. Balls and Ball Rack

All balls must be composed of cast phenolic resin plastic and measure 2 ¼ (+.005) inches [5.715 cm (+ .127 mm)] in diameter and weigh 5 ½ to 6 oz [156 to 170 gms]. Balls should be unpolished, and should also not be waxed. Balls should be cleaned with a towel or cloth free of dirt and dust, and may also be washed with soap and water. Balls contaminated with any slippery substance – treated with a polishing or rubbing compound and/or waxed – must be cleansed and dewaxed with a clean cloth moistened with diluted alcohol before play.

arnaldo

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Arnaldo, I have good reason to believe he is testing out the speed of the table and purposely testing out shots he knows he will need down the road, especially given his style of play.

Lou Figueroa
he sure likes to
bump
a lot of balls
Lou -- I think Jayson is wisely doing a great deal of self-instructive, purposeful testing of the new table, ambiance and conditions as we speak (during his first day back at the quest for 1,000 plus). Figurative requisite lightning bolts (conjectured elsewhere by doubters) will begin to strike.

Arnado ~ From my lips to . . . whatever celestial entity.
1661215085461.png

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________