Jesse Bowman(What a Grinder)

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Jesse Bowman does play weird shape - and the problem is that when you play him you get to sit and watch and rack and sit and watch and rack and sit and watch and rack.......

And be mesmerized by his patterns. And when you FINALLY do get to the table you shoot a hanger right into the rubber because your arm feels like jelly. Right? That happens to everyone right???? Not just me :)

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Jesse plays "Matlock" style position, kind of overpowers the table. Nothing wrong with that imo.

hitman jones

Registered
hello

hey gene i heard that jesse won the bar box open when he was 15 or 16 do you think jr can follow in his steps whats your opinon on todd jr and hope you are going to derby jr and me are shooting in the banks he will be the youngest player ever to shoot in the tournament at 8 see ya buddy

genomachino

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Can't get there...........

hey gene i heard that jesse won the bar box open when he was 15 or 16 do you think jr can follow in his steps whats your opinon on todd jr and hope you are going to derby jr and me are shooting in the banks he will be the youngest player ever to shoot in the tournament at 8 see ya buddy

Hi there hitman,

I wish i could. I played the 9 ball for 2 days and started getting deep and went out of my plan to break soft and save my shoulder.

The next day in the 8 ball I didn't even buy myself in the calcutta. I kept waking up from the pain in my shoulder. About 6 in the morning I tried to take off this mask i wear to sleep with and couldn't get the clip released with my right hand.

I need to ice this thing and excersize. I don't know what else I can do.

I guess the time frame for healing was 12 months and it's been about 10 months now. the doc said because of my age and being diabetic that it will be a little longer maybe.

I sure wish i was there to cheer on Jr though. I could see he's in good hands with you. Keep up the good work and you never can tell where it will take him.

One thing for sure. He has the knowledge to aim. And you know how to help him keep it. He was a little young to grasp it maybe but I know you will always help him remember how this works.

All I got to say is he is luck to have a father like you that will help him pursue his and your dreams together. Alot of kodac moments are in store for the 2 of you.

Good luck. Tell Jr I said hi. He's my little hero..........

genomachino

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Here's how it went..........

Good Post Gene!

But I really want to know is how did the final 4 break down in the 9-ball.

I see the standings:
1 Jesse Engal $1,070
2 Geno Albrecht $830
3 Chris Patterson $600
4 Jesse Bowman $400

But who beat who? And how did the finals turnout between the two guys that drove down (over) together? You didn't let the kid off easy did ya?

Nice showing for you all!

Hi there Jerry,

It was quite a tourny. Jesse Engle beat Bowman on the winners side hill hill. At one point I think Engle was down 5-1.

Then I had to play Bowman. At one point I was down 4-1. I won the set hill hill. It was kind of a sick ending to the match. Jesse brokewith balls flying everywhere. The nine ball rattled and sat right in the corner pocket. The cue ball was heading right for the side but got a small kiss and stopped right on the lip of the side. It looked like that was it when all of a sudden the eight ball which was the only ball still moving came off the head rail just hard enough to knock the cue ball in the side.

With ball in hand I would have just had to shoot the 1 ball into the nine. jesse just shook my hand and didn't make me shoot it.

Then I had to play Chris Patterson. This guy can play. He won the state 9 ball tournament last year or maybe it was the 8 ball. We were tied 7-7 and he broke and I ran out and then I broke and ran out.

Then i had to play Jesse Engle in the final.

I got ahead 2-0 and was running out the next rack and missed a very simple short shot. I guess I was just a little careless. It wasn't even like I was playing a final match playing my young friend.

Jesse was having a little trouble as he missed some shots that he should have made. One of the guys on the side said he hooked me 5 times accidentally. I had no shots. But that's nineball. It seemed like everytime I would get a shot I was kicking at a ball.

Jesse's kind of smiled at me after the match and said I got some pretty good rolls. I told him I was really proud of him. He's such a good kid.

We all shot good to get where we were and it was a great tournament.

At alot of tournaments some of the best guys get knocked out before the final 8. There was a whole lot of best guys at this tournament.

The handicap turns everyone into a monster.

I'll be coming to Phoenix in the near future. See ya then.

genomachino

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I see it..........

The comment about Jesse's position play is very perceptive...he's a great shooter, sure, but his greatest ability is his knack for breaking down a rack. He plays patterns that are brilliant in their simplicity...which is what makes him so strong on the BB.

For years I only played bar box. I never hardly played on a big table until around 93. Many players didn't think I could play back then because they all thought I played the patterns wrong. All I was doing was trying to stay out of trouble.

That's why I can appreciate Jesse's patterns. I can see exactly what he's doing and why he's doing it.

Many things that you do on the big table will get you in trouble on that bar box.

it was fun to watch.