John Morra can beat any American for the Dough

mikepage

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Who the heck are Raymond Fararon and Gomez?

Two players pretty close to Mr. Morra on the FargoRate world list, as is Archer.

All four of these players are performing pretty close to the same speed

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-05-24 at 8.23.41 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-05-24 at 8.23.41 AM.png
    41.9 KB · Views: 484

Zphix

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So what that's the stupidest thing I've ever heard, I've beaten world class 9 ball players in tournaments. Just cuz I caught a gear and beat champions in a race to 7,9 or 11 like maybe 5 times out of 100 in my life doesn't mean crap. Everyone plays a decent match once and a while

Congrats.

The OP said to name a shortstop who could beat Morra and that's what I did. Take your attitude somewhere else.

watchez

What time is it?
Silver Member
Who the heck are Raymond Fararon and Gomez?

You just proved my point that you don't know what you are talking about.

and sorry I spelled his name wrong Raymund Faraon - but you would have known who the player I was referring to nonetheless.

Last edited:

BeiberLvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You just proved my point that you don't know what you are talking about.

and sorry I spelled his name wrong Raymund Faraon - but you would have known who the player I was referring to nonetheless.

Are they 1st tier pros?

No. Then my point stillstands

watchez

What time is it?
Silver Member
Are they 1st tier pros?

No. Then my point stillstands

attachment.php

You don't think players on this list are 1st tier pros? If not then when you catch up, we can continue this conversation.

And if some of the top Americans that were listed previously in this thread (no offense to anyone) want to play Gomez some -- I'll put him in the car and we will be on our way.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Roberto Gomez has been in the finals of the World 9-ball championship.
...not a whole lot of players can say that.

his pool hall moniker is SUPERMAN
...even less can say that.

watchez

What time is it?
Silver Member
You don't know who Roberto Gomez is? Really?

No BieberLvr is a guy with a keyboard so he thinks all of his opinions are right, no matter what the facts are.

Fact is -- Morra was very young, very inexperienced back in 2008 when he played Bergman. I should know cause I was involved in the match. No offense to John, but he was picked for that match because of this -- his first time playing for 10k, he was way far away from home and he had Scooter in his corner. Triple negative didn't give John much of a chance. I would like to see Bergman and Morra play again but they can't seem to agree on a place to play.

cueenvy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No BieberLvr is a guy with a keyboard so he thinks all of his opinions are right, no matter what the facts are.

Fact is -- Morra was very young, very inexperienced back in 2008 when he played Bergman. I should know cause I was involved in the match. No offense to John, but he was picked for that match because of this -- his first time playing for 10k, he was way far away from home and he had Scooter in his corner. Triple negative didn't give John much of a chance. I would like to see Bergman and Morra play again but they can't seem to agree on a place to play.

How hard is it to play when your backer posts a 5 gallon bucket of quarters?

These guys should all match up more but they are afraid to lose. ...cause of the loss of status.

BmoreMoney

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

These guys should all match up more but they are afraid to lose. ...cause of the loss of status.

Fyi, 5 gallon buckets of quarters WILL NOT fit on the lights, we've tried.

watchez

What time is it?
Silver Member

Not sure what you mean by 'loss of status'. They don't put their own money up cause they don't have to. It is more of a case of loss of their own funds versus a loss of status. Not sure why you think that. I guess maybe for a few players that seems to be the reason such as Mike Dechaine who never plays anyone. Some players have enough sponsorship money they don't have to gamble.

But with the internet and cell phones today, there is no more sneaking round and hustling so to speak. Before you would have to go outside the pool room and see if the guy had out of state plates if it was someone you didn't know. Now you just snap his picture and send it to someone, 5 minutes later you have your answer. If you don't believe you answer than just google him or use the FargoRate or some other method.

(I can let you know when Justin played Morra back in 2008, he bet his own)

the Professor

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not sure what you mean by 'loss of status'. They don't put their own money up cause they don't have to. It is more of a case of loss of their own funds versus a loss of status. Not sure why you think that. I guess maybe for a few players that seems to be the reason such as Mike Dechaine who never plays anyone. Some players have enough sponsorship money they don't have to gamble.

But with the internet and cell phones today, there is no more sneaking round and hustling so to speak. Before you would have to go outside the pool room and see if the guy had out of state plates if it was someone you didn't know. Now you just snap his picture and send it to someone, 5 minutes later you have your answer. If you don't believe you answer than just google him or use the FargoRate or some other method.

(I can let you know when Justin played Morra back in 2008, he bet his own)

I know that you know both players pretty well… Don't you think that Bergman is favored (probably slightly) against John in a long session of 10 ball?

watchez

What time is it?
Silver Member
I know that you know both players pretty well… Don't you think that Bergman is favored (probably slightly) against John in a long session of 10 ball?

Until someone beats Bergman, I would think that he is favored over anyone in North America besides SVB and Alex. Players that have better breaks then him (which is most players)- the Shaw match for example - don't take advantage and then get broken down by Bergman. Although Shaw did quite a few things wrong to not give himself the best opportunity to win.

And I would say that I don't know Johnny pretty well personally. I have watched him play for the past 8 years and know what I see in his game. You won't find a more composed player at the table. And it is gonna take a highly skilled player, playing well to beat him - whether gambling or a tournament.

caff3in3

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Until someone beats Bergman, I would think that he is favored over anyone in North America besides SVB and Alex. Players that have better breaks then him (which is most players)- the Shaw match for example - don't take advantage and then get broken down by Bergman. Although Shaw did quite a few things wrong to not give himself the best opportunity to win.

And I would say that I don't know Johnny pretty well personally. I have watched him play for the past 8 years and know what I see in his game. You won't find a more composed player at the table. And it is gonna take a highly skilled player, playing well to beat him - whether gambling or a tournament.
Bergman is a beast. Love watching him play......and sky. Woodward is going to be DANGEROUS in a few years.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk