kim steel pool tables

hig3

Registered
Trying to get some info on the quality and playability of k. steel tables. Need help to find website for this company. Any help appreciated!! Also, please post what you personally think of their quality as a player and/or room owner.

Jon

Custom User Title
Silver Member
hig3 said:
Trying to get some info on the quality and playability of k. steel tables. Need help to find website for this company. Any help appreciated!! Also, please post what you personally think of their quality as a player and/or room owner.
I think they play great. Very sturdy tables. I'll see if i can get in touch with the room owner and see if he could help you out. (He reads this board... it wouldn't hurt to reply once and awhile...)

Thanks,

Jon

Pelican

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Jim-Bobs hall in Gulftport, Mississippi has Kim Steel. My son just played a tournament there. I check with him about them.

Later, Pel

poolplayer1988

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Kim Steel Tables

I have played on a variety of tables, from old Brunswicks to Olhausens and everything in between. To me Kim Steels play pretty good, and they are definitely the sturdiest tables I have ever played on, good solid construction. Also, definitely the heaviest tables I've ever tried to move. Me and some guys had a contest one time to see who could push one of them up while laying on the floor. Very heavy.... :D

Doug Talbot
"the White Elephant"

Rickw

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I played in a place where they had three tables, two GC II's and a Kim Steel. They were laying carpet and had about 12 guys helping and the 12 guys lifted the GC's with no problem so they could get the carpet under them. When they tried to do that with the Kim Steel, they couldn't hardly budge it.

The Kim Steel played tougher than the GC's. I can't really describe what the difference was but when you played on the GC's and then went to the KS, you had to work hard to get into the groove of that table. If I had the chance, I always preferred to practice on the KS. Great table!!

satman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've played on the Kimsteel tables a couple of times and they are great tables. The ones I played on played tough. Pockets did not give up anything. If I had to pick a table for my house it would be a Diamond. Sam

O

onepocketchump

I knew Toby Kim, the designer of the Kim Steel tables, for a long time. I owned a Kim Steel table for years and I have to say that it was the truest and most accurate table I ever played on. The steel frame models are just plain solid. Mine also had slate levelers all along the frame at all points. Truly a nice table with jam up construction.

They are just to expensive to make much of a entry into the US market. In Europe you will find many poolrooms full of Kim Steel tables.

John