Lannoo linear lathe

WilleeCue

The Barefoot Cuemaker
Silver Member
Taking a pass on a lathe that does not even exist anymore is kinda easy
Joey ... one is for sale on Ebay for $1200 brand new by this fellow. that is how I found out about it.
He still has a website and still makes them for sale.

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
Joey ... one is for sale on Ebay for $1200 brand new by this fellow. that is how I found out about it.
The ebay auctioneer is an estate auctioneer . He must have been the sucker who bought the last of them .
The website is dead .
It's been 7 years since he posted his machine . Did not even bother answering questions.

GBCues

Damn, still .002 TIR!
Gold Member
Silver Member
Hey Will,
The lathe on eBay doesn't look much like the original lathe. There are a couple of better pictures of it here on this old review:
https://forums.azbilliards.com/threads/lannoo-linear-lathe-review.354955/
I thought the original looked pretty useful. Brent Summers bought one, but I don't think he's around here anymore.
HTH
Gary

WilleeCue

The Barefoot Cuemaker
Silver Member
Unique Products lathes use a compression collet type chuck made with Delren jaws in their machines.
I liked them very much and that is what interested me in that photo.
If the lead time was not so darn long I would order a new Unique Cue Companion.
I guess there are a lot of new cue repair and makers starting up.
Even Chris Hightower's lathes are booked up for months.

slim123

The new LANNOO LINEAR LATHE is the newest innovative cue builders lathe available. Priced well below comparable units , but has more built-in features. Power feed, perfect center point tapering with pivoting headstock.Tighter tolerances with quality robotic linear track travel. DC motors custom manufactured for our demanding tolerances. Light weight, dust free bedway, 24 pin indexer, heavier duty dual chuck spindle and quick release tool post and bed attachment plates.

Please check our website for more details.

www.lannoolinearlathe.com

>We also develop or improve products for other companies.
>Plastic extrusion and injection molded part quotes upon request.
>Custom-fit pool cues and repairs.
i went to the website which lathe is it

slim123

The ebay auctioneer is an estate auctioneer . He must have been the sucker who bought the last of them .
The website is dead .
It's been 7 years since he posted his machine . Did not even bother answering questions.
i emailed this guy he said he contacted the manufacturer and they only had three left, however i'm not thinking it is the same machine. He says it's a cue building lathe, looks like another cue repair lathe for tips and shaft cleaning

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I too was just looking for this lathe, mostly curious for pictures. Every lead I followed was a dead end. I think like Joey mentioned, that this guy made a few 7 years ago, and then quit. Now someone got a hold of a few and is selling them. I might take a chance on one for $400, but no way for $1000.

conetip

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's probably worth the grand for all the parts, especially if you have some mechanical aptitude and no lathe or milling machine at home.
If you already have a lathe that can screwcut threads, and a milling machine, you could be making one of that design. But I think they were and OK design idea and certainly had their place. But cue lathes are very unique in lots of ways, and for a light weight machine, can do well. I think that all they have left is the tip repair lathe and polish setup. Did not see that they had any of their cue making lathes. Could be wrong, but that was my take. If it is the tipper, I don't think it's worth the 1k considering what it is. The longer model with more stuff was a better buy.
Edit re looked at the site and what they sell.
I noticed that the bidding to start at 1295 and claim to have 4 more. Looking through there is a shorter version. For some reason I thought that it has more to it. So it is only a Repair lathe or a tipping lathe for 1 piece cues. Not a cue making lathe. Great to see all the same.

Last edited: