League not following their own rules

JeremiahGage

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
We recently had an incident where a team in our pool league requested to re-schedule a match, and the rules state that they are given 2 weeks to work with us and re-schedule or they forfeit. We gave them 3 different days within the 2 weeks that we could play, but even with 4 substitutes on their roster they did not agree to any of the 3 days. Their reasoning for not being able to play was literally "they didn't want to".

Instead of forfeiting their match according to the rules, the people that ran the league decided that they should have special treatment and re-scheduled the match at the end of the season. We are now being forced to play at a time we did not agree on, even though we showed up at the original match and they did not.

My team feels this is extremely unfair, so I have contacted the VNEA about this.

What would you do in the same scenario?

Icon of Sin

I can't fold, I need gold. I re-up and reload...
Silver Member
Quit league...

I have seen situations with 3 different pool leagues in my area changing rules, payouts, kicking good members out and letting shitty members stay...

They all play favorites... you gotta deal with it or quit.

flash5153

none
Silver Member
Forfeits of all matches,, in one night,,, in a league is a very bad thing to happen for everyone on the league.
And the LO is going to try to avoid this at all cost.

Can you imagine a team just saying ,,I don't want to play on a certain night so that they could move another team ahead on points by doing so.

The LO should not let this happen. It may not be the case here,,but the LO is still not going to let it happen.

I think the LO should step it up and do the make-up quickly though. Because it ruins the point count until it is made -up.

Things like this happen more often than you might think.

randyg

www.randygpool.com
Silver Member
We recently had an incident where a team in our pool league requested to re-schedule a match, and the rules state that they are given 2 weeks to work with us and re-schedule or they forfeit. We gave them 3 different days within the 2 weeks that we could play, but even with 4 substitutes on their roster they did not agree to any of the 3 days. Their reasoning for not being able to play was literally "they didn't want to".

Instead of forfeiting their match according to the rules, the people that ran the league decided that they should have special treatment and re-scheduled the match at the end of the season. We are now being forced to play at a time we did not agree on, even though we showed up at the original match and they did not.

My team feels this is extremely unfair, so I have contacted the VNEA about this.

What would you do in the same scenario?

The VNEA can't help, the desicion is in the hands of the vendor/operator.

Here's what I would do:

1. Find the provision about make-ups (in writing) and have it on your person. Tell the LO.....NO! Then stand on their own rules.

2. Play the make-up match and kick ass.

Good luck
randyg

Blue Hog ridr

World Famous Fisherman.
Silver Member
I play VNEA. If a team is a no show, you should be able to just take your handicap points and they get zero.

If a team does give you ample warning, I let them reschedule. I don't chase them. If close to the end of the season and they have made no attempt to reschedule, I put in a score sheet for that canceled night.

Your LO might do it somewhat different but that is how we roll.

Lock N Load

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I play VNEA. If a team is a no show, you should be able to just take your handicap points and they get zero.

If a team does give you ample warning, I let them reschedule. I don't chase them. If close to the end of the season and they have made no attempt to reschedule, I put in a score sheet for that canceled night.

Your LO might do it somewhat different but that is how we roll.

That's telling them about it, Blue Hog!!!!
Many Regards,
Lock N Load.

itsfroze

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Forfeits of all matches,, in one night,,, in a league is a very bad thing to happen for everyone on the league.
And the LO is going to try to avoid this at all cost.

Can you imagine a team just saying ,,I don't want to play on a certain night so that they could move another team ahead on points by doing so.

The LO should not let this happen. It may not be the case here,,but the LO is still not going to let it happen.

I think the LO should step it up and do the make-up quickly though. Because it ruins the point count until it is made -up.

Things like this happen more often than you might think.

bs If they don't follow the rules they should lose the points period.
Why are people always making excuses for someone in situations like this
The rules are the rules that's why you have rules it's that simple. Do anything else and even if it isn't it can be construed as favoritism. In many cases unfortunately that's exactly what is going on, another reason why rules must be followed so some less than fair operator can do what he pleases.

Last edited:

TheBook

Ret Professional Goof Off
Silver Member

Wait until the end and see where everyone is in the standings. If the games don't affect anything F em . Or seize the opportunity to adjust everyone's handicap. :thumbup:

itsfroze

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Wait until the end and see where everyone is in the standings. If the games don't affect anything F em . Or seize the opportunity to adjust everyone's handicap. :thumbup:

What if it does effect things in the end , not good advice my friend because then they will say well if it wasn't alright then you should have said something about it when it happened. Been there seen that before!

Wags

2 pocket-one pocket table
Silver Member
Rules are rules

I never figured this one out. Format rules are still rules like game rules. If they are written down, then simply, that is the rule.

The LO wouldn't dare mess with the VNEA game play rules unless the league approved it. Would it be ok for the LO to say that slop counts for the next two weeks? That you don't need to hit your group first? That all fouls will be behind the kitchen and balls spotted. I think not.

There is no difference. A rule is a rule. Point that out to the LO and see what he says.