Let's make a bet!

Da Poet

Pool is Cool
Silver Member
Okay, let's make a bet before this supposed announcement today from Mr. Trudeau.

I say the IPT will pay the players from Reno before November 26th, 2006, the first scheduled day of the Chicago tournament.

If you take the bet and I am wrong, I will replace my avatar with a picture of your chosing for 30 days. If I am right, I will get to pick an avatar for you that you have to display for 30 days.

Any takers? :D

Edited due to VonRett's sharp attention to detail.

Last edited:

!Smorgass Bored

Hump ? What HUMP ?
Gold Member
Hmmmm

Da Poet said:
Okay, let's make a bet before this supposed announcement today from Mr. Trudeau.

I say the IPT will pay the players from Reno before they get to Chicago.

If you take the bet and I am wrong, I will replace my avatar with a picture of your chosing for 30 days. If I am right, I will get to pick an avatar for you that you have to display for 30 days.

Maybe. What's an avatar ?
Doug
( No body parts <with human features>)

VonRhett

Friends Call Me "von"
Silver Member
LOL Daaa-yamm! You talk about stacking the deck! It's a relatively safe bet, cause if the players aren't paid, they're not going to Chicago!

<SMACK> Thank you, Sir, can I have another? I don't think so....

Remind not to gamble with you! :p
-von

Da Poet said:

I say the IPT will pay the players from Reno before they get to Chicago.

Da Poet

Pool is Cool
Silver Member
VonRhett said:
LOL Daaa-yamm! You talk about stacking the deck! It's a relatively safe bet, cause if the players aren't paid, they're not going to Chicago!

<SMACK> Thank you, Sir, can I have another? I don't think so....

Remind not to gamble with you! :p
-von

That's pretty funny, you're right I suppose! :D :D

Sorry, I'll revise it!

jasper

Banned
Da Poet said:

I say the IPT will pay the players from Reno before November 26th, 2006, the first scheduled day of the Chicago tournament.

Edited due to VonRett's sharp attention to detail.
See.....they all think the players will be paid too.
They just don't want us to know that we are onto them.
Hence no bet takers!

Da Poet

Pool is Cool
Silver Member
jasper said:
See.....they all think the players will be paid too.
They just don't want us to know that we are onto them.
Hence no bet takers!

Who's we? You gotta mouse in your pocket? :eek:

Seriously, tonights drama by KT is inexcusable. I went from being 90% sure they were going to get paid before the tournament to 50%. I was 98% sure they were going to eventually get paid, now I'm 65%.

Russ Chewning

Short Bus Russ - C player
Silver Member
I'll take the bet. Only.. if the IPT folds by the end of the year.. you have to keep the avatar permanently for being so gullible.

I hope to God I have to change my avatar, because that will mean the players get paid.

Is it a deal?

Russ

Da Poet

Pool is Cool
Silver Member
Russ Chewning said:
I'll take the bet. Only.. if the IPT folds by the end of the year.. you have to keep the avatar permanently for being so gullible.

I hope to God I have to change my avatar, because that will mean the players get paid.

Is it a deal?

Russ

Intresting. Might be tough to technically define folding though. Any suggestions? Also, I can't permanently give up Inspector Clouseau on my avatar. If you ever go to Chris's here in Chicago, as you walk in through the crusty doors, as you get to the crusty stairs, on your right is a crusty poster with pictures from all sorts of movies and this picture is right in the center eye level on that poster.

Nah, 30 days tops on the avatar and I'll go against my better judgement and stick with the original bet. :D

Russ Chewning

Silver Member
Da Poet said:

I am accepting this bet...

Russ

Russ Chewning

Silver Member
Da Poet,

Given KT's recent announcement about having finalized negotiations, and the checks going out in 7-10 days, I am somewhat nervous about the length of time on the bet. I mean.. Given new information, 30 days?

I mean.. Ummm.. Wanna raise the bet? Add a week? So 37 days with an avatar of my/your choosing? Come ON. If you don't take this bet, you ain't got NO gamble! (Double Negative edited to indicate one negative)

Don't nit up on me, man. I want something to really SWEAT here! (Though upping the bet on another "positive announcement" from KT is almost a lock by now)

Russ

Da Poet

Pool is Cool
Silver Member
Russ Chewning said:
Da Poet,

Given KT's recent announcement about having finalized negotiations, and the checks going out in 7-10 days, I am somewhat nervous about the length of time on the bet. I mean.. Given new information, 30 days?

I mean.. Ummm.. Wanna raise the bet? Add a week? So 37 days with an avatar of my/your choosing? Come ON. If you don't take this bet, you ain't got NO gamble! (Double Negative edited to indicate one negative)

Don't nit up on me, man. I want something to really SWEAT here! (Though upping the bet on another "positive announcement" from KT is almost a lock by now)

Russ

Let's see, things are going against you here and you want to raise the stakes? Do I have this correct?

Da Poet

Pool is Cool
Silver Member
This might be a good avatar for ya' Russ. What do ya' think?

Attachments

• 0,,2006470359,00.jpg
    0,,2006470359,00.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 295

Russ Chewning

Silver Member
Da Poet said:
Let's see, things are going against you here and you want to raise the stakes? Do I have this correct?

Yup.. And to be more technical.. It LOOKS like things are going against me... I have seen no money yet.. Just another announcement... So.. Wanna raise the bet? 37 days??

And I like the avatar.. I may let you take that one.

Russ

Da Poet

Pool is Cool
Silver Member
Russ Chewning said:
Yup.. And to be more technical.. It LOOKS like things are going against me... I have seen no money yet.. Just another announcement... So.. Wanna raise the bet? 37 days??

And I like the avatar.. I may let you take that one.

Russ

Sure then, 37 days of avatar change. Aye chihuahua. :)

!Smorgass Bored

Hump ? What HUMP ?
Gold Member
Da Poet said:
This might be a good avatar for ya' Russ. What do ya' think?

LOL... I remember Russ asking me at Planet 9-Ball, "Hey Smorg, why are the water fountains so low to the ground." ... Oy-Vey !
Doug
( I had no idea or I'd have bought him a BOTTLE of water )

Russ Chewning

Silver Member
Smorgass Bored said:
LOL... I remember Russ asking me at Planet 9-Ball, "Hey Smorg, why are the water fountains so low to the ground." ... Oy-Vey !
Doug
( I had no idea or I'd have bought him a BOTTLE of water )

Oh, you KNEWWWWWWW!

Russ

Da Poet

Pool is Cool
Silver Member
Concession

Okay Russ!

I believe the wager was 37 days. I'm not going to try to get technical on the situation, a deal is a deal. I sent a pm a couple weeks ago conceding and I'll start with this avatar and after the holiday, if you have another one, I'll certainly use it. :D

The funny thing is that the person I thought would have taken the bet before you, got banned. That would have been an interesting problem.

Good luck in Bagdad and stay safe. I have no problem believing we are the good guys over there and anything you are doing to make things better over there is surely appreciated. :)

Have a good holiday Russ!

Da Poet

Jimk

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Da Poet said:
Okay Russ!

I believe the wager was 37 days. I'm not going to try to get technical on the situation, a deal is a deal. I sent a pm a couple weeks ago conceding and I'll start with this avatar and after the holiday, if you have another one, I'll certainly use it. :D

The funny thing is that the person I thought would have taken the bet before you, got banned. That would have been an interesting problem.

Good luck in Bagdad and stay safe. I have no problem believing we are the good guys over there and anything you are doing to make things better over there is surely appreciated. :)

Have a good holiday Russ!

Da Poet
This topic has reached an all time low. I can barely feel my own pulse, much less that of the IPT.