Looking for slim diameter butt.

kyles

Registered
Looking for production models at the moment. Although a cue maker isn’t out of the question entirely. Budget is somewhat flexible, under 1k for a production model.

Terry Aeschliman

Terry Aeschliman
Gold Member
Silver Member
I would call Proficient or Schmelke. A local cuemaker could probably help you out, especially if you have a butt he could work with.

kyles

Registered
I had played with a late 90s Tim Scruggs, then an early 2000s Meucci. Both were stolen in the early 2000s so I am looking to recreate that feel. I haven’t played since 08, so it’s also partly getting re-acclimated to the game. I recently bought a Meucci sneaky Pete and it’s definitely thicker than I remember. I have a schon that is also pretty thick. Both the Meucci and schon come in near 1.25 and 1.26 respectively. I don’t necessarily have specs because I’m going by feel at the moment. Hoping I can eventually get something from a cue maker, but for the moment I’m still trying things out. I also don’t think it’s as simple as going to a cue maker and holding a few or shooting a few balls to commit to a custom cue that Id want.

kyles

Registered
To try to answer your question. I vaguely remember a Mezz a friend let me shoot with. I asked about their specs and they are responding to me. I saw a similar post on the board and reactivated my account to see if anyone had other brands/makers. Jensen Cues is in my area and I’ll probably give him a call later this week.

lord_shar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Oddly enough, My 2005 Schon CX61 is on the slimmer side compared to my custom Gilbert. I will try to get more precise measurements once I get home.

LHP5

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The Predator Ikon line has a slim handle. Diveney is also known for that too, but my Ikon is has a thinner handle and taper than my Diveney sneaky.

kyles

Registered
The Predator Ikon line has a slim handle. Diveney is also known for that too, but my Ikon is has a thinner handle and taper than my Diveney sneaky.
I think I’m going to go the custom cue route. The thin predator lines are about 1.10” diameter when measured 20” from the pin. This sounds petty, but I think I’m looking for 1” or slightly below that. Just grip your butt at the beginning of the wrap and that is what I want. That .1” evidently matters a lot to me.

ddg45

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Get a Mezz. Nothing but positive comments from Mezz owners on this site. I bought a Sneaky Pete a couple months ago on the basis of those comments and the quality is really impressive. I prefer slim cues also, so I contacted Mezz USA to find out and this is their response. "The butt sleeve diameter of MSP2 is 31.2mm. The current Mezz cues have the same diameter." That is definitely slimmer than the average cue out there.

DaveM

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Jerry Rauenzahn was building me a cue and asked if I liked butts on the thin side. I said yes and he sent this:
1715997354659.jpeg

boogieman

It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that ping.
Get ahold of Pat Diveney. He might have some already made in that price range. The website doesn't really reflect his stock most of the time. They are on the thinner side, well balanced and constructed too.