Mosconi cup to florida

bpeacock

I was able to get tickets for every day. The only thing available on the America side for 2 people on Sunday is VIP... Told the wife we got no choice 😎... VIP it is. Also the rates for the Caribe are $159 with the Mosconi link!

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Hour and a half into sales...

Sat -- 16 left including 10 Euro handicapped and one couch
Sun -- 10 US, 9 end, 109+10 Euro, 15 couch
Mon -- 24 US, 29 end, 275+10 Euro, 18 couch
Tues -- 3 US, 0 end, 244+8 Euro, 0 couch

bpeacock

The process is very frustrating. It looks like they are treating every day as a separate event. I couldn't get it to accept my selection if I put 2 tickets in the drop down box top-right... I set it to 1 then clicked the 2 seats that I wanted.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Last survey... Two hours into sales...

10 Euro handicapped all days plus

Sat -- none
Sun -- 50 (mostly Euro) plus 9 couch seats
Mon -- 14 US, 25 end, 214 Euro, 18 couch
Tues -- 2 US, 213 Euro, 0 couch

On Sunday and Monday, there are a lot of VIP seats -- first four rows. That also gets you brunch and free booze. $400.

By my rough calculation, the daily gate (full house) is $280,000. Plus Ticketmaster gets something like 15% on top of that for their service.

Last edited:

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
I had no problem getting my tix, but I have a different seat every day. I also booked my hotel room and thought the hotel rate of $159 was very reasonable.

It's this way every year with Mosconi tix being scooped up almost immediately. Matchroom sent out an email on April 30 that said: "Tickets for the 2024 Mosconi Cup, from 30 November to 3 December at the Caribe Royale resort in Orlando, Florida will go on Priority Sale from Wednesday, 8 May at 6pm BST/1PM EST" so there was certainly no blindside here.

That said, I hope that everyone that wants to attend will have the opportunity.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I had no problem getting my tix, but I have a different seat every day. I also booked my hotel room and thought the hotel rate of $159 was very reasonable.

It's this way every year with Mosconi tix being scooped up almost immediately. Matchroom sent out an email on April 30 that said: "Tickets for the 2024 Mosconi Cup, from 30 November to 3 December at the Caribe Royale resort in Orlando, Florida will go on Priority Sale from Wednesday, 8 May at 6pm BST/1PM EST" so there was certainly no blindside here.

That said, I hope that everyone that wants to attend will have the opportunity.
There is some question about whether all of the seats went on sale today. In a previous MC, they released seats in the top row(s) later on. It will be interesting to see if anything new appears for general sales. That starts on Friday at the same time (1PM Eastern, 10AM Pacific).

I managed to get the same seat for every day -- 1H1. It's in the European section, which I don't think is a problem. They generally don't smell bad and I have earplugs. And I'm on an aisle for escape.

I think they need a larger venue. Again.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
For those who are considering going, I found a pretty good deal. Just north of the venue is the Grand Beach Resort. It has good reviews. You can walk to the venue without crossing a main road and it looks like it is as close to the tournament as the Caribe Royale hotel, as the convention center is between the two. Google says nine minute walk.

I'm a member on booking.com so I got a discount and upgrade to a two-bedroom apartment with two full baths. The parking is free. Full kitchen, washer and dryer. $700 total (five nights) with all fees and taxes. Free cancellation.

View attachment 751062

Here's the map. I see the Grand Beach has slightly better reviews. (4.5/4.4)

View attachment 751064
Bumping this for people who are looking for a place to stay.

FYI, if you include taxes and resort fee and parking, the Caribe comes to $250 per night for their cheapest room.

Last edited:

ALT_ESV

Posting this for posterity as of 6:45pm central on the day of the presale.

IMG_9616.png

IMG_9616.png

IMG_9618.png

IMG_9619.png

Attachments

• IMG_9616.png
    IMG_9616.png
    186 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_9617.png
    IMG_9617.png
    187.5 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_9618.png
    IMG_9618.png
    196 KB · Views: 18

ALT_ESV

Responding to a comment on Reddit, I figure I would copy/paste it here for historical purposes.

My experience from today. My brother and I are going and I look forward to seeing @sjm at another high level pool tournament.

Morgan
—————

To clarify here because I was following the Ticketmaster time….

It was marked as going on sale at 10am eastern. It was counting down for a day to that time. When it became 10am eastern for like 5 minutes it only showed VIP tickets and there was a fifth option for four days. Then suddenly that was removed and the other days crashed.

My thought is the tickets got loaded into Ticketmaster at 10am eastern and behind the scenes they had to quickly remove the generic access and then create the unique URL links to send out. Sometimes these links aren’t available until the web application generates it.

So then they make the links for each day go to a “tickets are available in two days” counter. You had to have the URL for each day that came from the email. Instead of the approach of using an actual Presale code..it was basically an unlisted video on YouTube.

So then everyone starts buying the tickets off the unique links which get leaked on AZBilliards and it’s a mad dash.

So you didn’t miss ANYTHING at 10am. That was an internal design approach for Ticketmaster to get the links ready.

The mad dash at 1pm was real. I had to have four tabs open on my computer at one time and have four checkout transactions at one time. That meant for each page typing in my security code, checking a box to refuse trip insurance, checking a box to accept conditions, then pressing a button to checkout.

Click, four digits, scroll, click, click, click ….wait. That had to happen FOUR TIMES without anything glitching out. It was impossible to do on a phone.

So I submit for the same four exact seats on four different days on four different tabs….Then Sunday timed out I guess and I had to try again at another location for Sunday. So I choose two different seats for Sunday.

Then suddenly my Tuesday seats failed out… but then I refreshed and the EXACT same seats lit up on my screen while I was looking another section so I selected my original ones again and it worked.

You get lucky, get good, or get screwed. It’s like Taylor Swift tickets but for a much smaller crowd.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Responding to a comment on Reddit, I figure I would copy/paste it here for historical purposes.

My experience from today. My brother and I are going and I look forward to seeing @sjm at another high level pool tournament.

Morgan
—————
See you then and there. It should be a hoot.

MattPoland

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
On a whim I logged into Ticketmaster at 11:30 AM and searched “Mosconi Cup” and scored all 4 days, VIP, front row for me and my buddy.

Day 1: SEC 12 - A1 & A2
Day 2: SEC 12 - A11 & A12
Day 3: SEC 12 - A11 & A12
Day 4: SEC 16 - A8 & A9

Day 4 was a blunder getting European section but my buddy sat on that side all 4 days last time and enjoyed the international experience of it so I take it as a silver lining.

ALT_ESV

On a whim I logged into Ticketmaster at 11:30 AM and searched “Mosconi Cup” and scored all 4 days, VIP, front row for me and my buddy.

Day 1: SEC 12 - A1 & A2
Day 2: SEC 12 - A11 & A12
Day 3: SEC 12 - A11 & A12
Day 4: SEC 16 - A8 & A9

Day 4 was a blunder getting European section but my buddy sat on that side all 4 days last time and enjoyed the international experience of it so I take it as a silver lining.
I sat in Europe section in 2019. It’s not terrible if you’re around first timers. But man…there’s some people that really can belt out the U in Europe.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Posting this for posterity as of 6:45pm central on the day of the presale. ...
As of Thursday night (open sale starts tomorrow morning), about half of those seats have been sold. Two more handicapped seats are gone. Saturday, 6 HC only
Sunday is down to 14 of all kinds
Monday about 80 including couch and HC -- these are nearly all VIP @ $400
Tuesday 19 total with 13 in the top two rows on the Euro side -- most of the ones shown in the diagram are gone.

That's a total of 119 left out of more than 8000 to start with (2000+ per day).