Mountain Man Has Passed Away...

Jon

Custom User Title
Silver Member
I just got word that Mountain Man passed away on Thursday.
I don't know any details, other than the fact that he had Pancreatic Cancer.
I guess it got the best of him.
He lasted a lot longer than the Dr.'s gave him.

This is a sad time :(

Jon

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Yes, this is sad news. Saw him just six weeks ago, and knew he was very ill, but hoped he'd hang on. Rest in peace.

cuesmith

BEEN THERE, DONE THAT!
Silver Member
BiG_JoN said:

Jon

RIP Mountain Man! I just wonder if the real name will show in the obit! I still think it's Steve Edwards!

just more hot air!

Sherm

hemicudas

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
cuesmith said:
RIP Mountain Man! I just wonder if the real name will show in the obit! I still think it's Steve Edwards!

just more hot air!

Sherm

A.J. Clemmons, was known as Mountain Man also. Which ever one, RIP.

Ryan McCreesh

"Genie Man"
Silver Member
BiG_JoN said:

Jon

God Bless him and his family for the life that he lived.

vagabond

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I spent some time with him in Peoria,IL 6 weeks ago at WPBA event.He knew that he had only few weeks to live.He wanted to see the WPBA event in his last days and he did.I always thought he was a very shrewd buisinessman besides being a good player.
BTW it is not AJ clements from St.Louis.This mountain man is a Southerner.
Rest in peace.

watchez

What time is it?
Silver Member
1on1pooltournys said:
i have heard of more than one "mountain man". Is this the Arty Clements who has been in St. Louis?........

No AJ (aka Mountain Man, aka Critter) is alive and well...as well as he can be.

Eydie Romano

Finally Retired!
Silver Member
Well there are 2 Mountian Men's from what I have heard. One is from WVa and the other I am not sure of.

Brickman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
his name is EDDIE HUBBLE and he is from Virginia, around abingdon I think......he was a five time world bar table champion........but he did use several aliasis to play in different tourneys, that normally would not have let him play.

He has been coaching Janet Atwell a little the last couple of years, and man can this cat play......he was given up to die a few months ago , but we all thought he was going to beat it. :( Even with the cancer he has won almost every event he has played in the last year, ....also in one night he showed me things about pool that I hadnt learned in the other 20 years I have played.......

I CANT REALLY FIND OUT IF HE HAS DIED OR NOT, I CANT SEEM TO FIND HIS OBITUARY IN ANY OF THE LOCAL PAPERS .....BUT IF I DO I WILL POST IT LATER

Last edited:

hemicudas

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
1on1pooltournys said:
i have heard of more than one "mountain man". Is this the Arty Clements who has been in St. Louis?........

Arty and AJ are the same person. I do not know if he is the Mountain Man spoken of. AJ/Arty is from the south, Vagabond.

Brickman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
MOUNTAIN MAN.....did not want his obituary in the paper , so thats why I couldnt find it......but yes Eddie "MOUNTAIN MAN" Hubble passed away thursday night as previously stated........HE WILL SURELY BE MISSED , BY MANY IN THIS AREA.....HE IS A DEFINITE LOCAL LEGEND AND BILLIARD HERO TO MANY IN THIS AREA

GOOD BYE EDDIE.....I ONLY WISHED I HAD KNOWN YOU LONGER THAN I DID :( :( :( :(

OldHasBeen

Tom Ferry
A.J., Arty Clemons, Critter, Mountian Man, Etc.

He is from Bloomington Ind. Was kind of a protégé of Nick Varner’s. They went to U of I together. Plays good One Pocket & BarBox pool. Been playing for many years all around the USA. He has his good days & bad days like all of us. Kind of VERY paranoid and has a hard time keeping money. Loves to play poker on the boats. He is still alive and doing as well as ever.

TY & GL

The Lady Killer

Registered
cuesmith said:

just more hot air!

Sherm

I only know one Mountain Man, he was from Va. I think. His name was Steve Edwards.
Many years ago he was always wanting to put me in action. I never made it to Va.
Steve would pop in & out of my pool rm. He like to stir up the action.
I'm sure he will be missed.
RIP Mountain Man

vagabond

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Brickman said:
his name is EDDIE HUBBLE and he is from Virginia,

He has been coaching Janet Atwell a little the last couple of years,

hi,
6 weeks ago He came to watch WPBA event as a guest of Janet atwell.

Brickman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
vagabond said:
hi,
6 weeks ago He came to watch WPBA event as a guest of Janet atwell.

That sounds about right....Eddie really meant alot to Janet they are good friends, and play in alot of the local tourneys here together. I know Janet would always , Cell phone Eddie with her results from the WPBA tourney she would be in at the time, and he would keep us all at the local tourney updated on Janet, She is another local hero to all the players around these parts.......I imagine she must be hurting pretty bad right now, for her friends passing :(

APAgeek6

Registered
I only got to meet Eddie a few times over the years at some Moose pool tournaments and it's safe to say that he and his teammates are about the nicest, most easy going people you could ever meet. The pool world could use a few more like that crew. He will be missed I'm sure.

cueball1950

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
BiG_JoN said:

Jon

Never got to personally meet him, but Go with the Blessings of the good Lord and with Gods Speed......R.I.P...............................mike