My cue, and a question. :)

Gideon

Registered
Howdy, first post here, cant say I've been a long time reader of the boards, but did spend pretty much the entire day at the office looking around here. Slow day! :)
First off I got to say, there are some mighty nice cues in here, and much respect to the artists that are custom making them. I'm quite jealous, something I have always been interested in getting into and just never had the opportunity. Ah well, some day I will. :)

Anyhow, here is my cue. I "aquired" it off a guy maybe 7-10 years ago? Its been a while. He had just bought it and thought it would improve his game. It didnt. Lucky me. It says Brunswick on it, he told me that it was a Joss cue that was made for Brunswick to put thier name on, if anyone can confirm that it would be appreciated, or direct me to a place I could research it myself. Not important really, just something I have always wondered if he was right. :)

*Note: Several pictures, I croppe them to hopefully help loading times, I apologize if they are slow.

4.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

As for the question that I spoke of, my ferrule is quite dingy and ugly looking on one of my shafts.

5.jpg

I was wondering abour how the best way to clean that would be? Not a real big factor, it just bugs me. :)

Thanks, and Hi!

Joseph Cues

Cue Nut
Silver Member
I'm almost 100% sure your cue is a Joss-made Brunswick.
In fact it has the same taper, pin and ferrule as the Joss cues.

Z

Zemanova

To clean your ferrule and shaft, I have heard some people use Soft Scrub w/Bleach. It is cheaper and more effective than most of the pool cue specific cleaners out there. Just don't use too much, and after the soft scrub, I would wipe it down with water or alcohol.

S

snook

ive heard some guys at ccb say that the soft abrasive drafting erasers work wonders. might be worth a shot....(lol, worth a shot, thats kind of a pun isnt it?)sorry i'm stupid

B

b-jammin

You can also use 4/0 steel wool with soft scrub. If you use 1000 grit use it wet and stay away from the wood if possible.