My new South West 2006

Donovan

A little security, goes..
Silver Member
I'm not a photographer, but here are the only 3 pictures that turned out. I haven't chalked this yet, but a center ball hit has the best feel and I couldn't be happier with how this turned out. So without too much hogwash, here they are:
 

Attachments

  • SW06-B1.JPG
    SW06-B1.JPG
    12.9 KB · Views: 720
  • SW06-FA1.JPG
    SW06-FA1.JPG
    13 KB · Views: 653
  • SW06-J2.JPG
    SW06-J2.JPG
    33.1 KB · Views: 527

ShaneS

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nice looking cue there, Donovan. You've made the decision to buy the best. Way to go!

-Shane
 

bells

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
nice looking cue.................please please chalk it and play with it......lol
 

Kevin Lindstrom

14.1 Addict
Silver Member
time will tell

now that the wait is over was it worth the 7 years? If so what cue are you replacing with this cue?
 

tedkaufman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Beautiful cue! I absolutely love it.

I had to wait 3 years for mine, which, dating from 1989 to 1992, seemed an eternity. I'm sure after waiting 7 years, you are thrilled. Best of luck with it.
 

Donovan

A little security, goes..
Silver Member
bells said:
nice looking cue.................please please chalk it and play with it......lol

Today was the day! I out the other shaft away to keep it free from any use or damage in my collectors case. This cue is hitting so good I am feeling unworthy. LOL Man, you tell yourself it really doesn't make a difference if you have a good tip, but your brain sure does think it can! I was hitting like a champ today. I must be the better concentration. It is like when you pick up a cue you have never hit before, you naturally take a little more concentration in the beginning to get a true feel of it. Then once the "newness" wears off and you get comfortable, sometimes carelessness will slip in. SO right now it feels and hits like KING! I am truly loving this cue.
 

Donovan

A little security, goes..
Silver Member
Kevin Lindstrom said:
now that the wait is over was it worth the 7 years? If so what cue are you replacing with this cue?

My Dan Dishaw DanBuilt cue is still going to get lots of use. I will still take it to 14.1 league and use it often. The Dishaw and SW both hit wonderfully and weigh almost identically. I just can't retire the Dishaw. :D
 

bells

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I know what you mean.........

Donovan said:
Today was the day! I out the other shaft away to keep it free from any use or damage in my collectors case. This cue is hitting so good I am feeling unworthy. LOL Man, you tell yourself it really doesn't make a difference if you have a good tip, but your brain sure does think it can! I was hitting like a champ today. I must be the better concentration. It is like when you pick up a cue you have never hit before, you naturally take a little more concentration in the beginning to get a true feel of it. Then once the "newness" wears off and you get comfortable, sometimes carelessness will slip in. SO right now it feels and hits like KING! I am truly loving this cue.
I know eaxtly what you mean. I have a new Capone cue and I play very well with it. I also seem to concentrate a lil more while shooting with my new cue. The cue has also made me want to shoot more. I hope the cue is everything that you were expecting and more......
 

deep

OFF THE CHAIN
Silver Member
Donovan said:
Today was the day! I out the other shaft away to keep it free from any use or damage in my collectors case. This cue is hitting so good I am feeling unworthy. LOL Man, you tell yourself it really doesn't make a difference if you have a good tip, but your brain sure does think it can! I was hitting like a champ today. I must be the better concentration. It is like when you pick up a cue you have never hit before, you naturally take a little more concentration in the beginning to get a true feel of it. Then once the "newness" wears off and you get comfortable, sometimes carelessness will slip in. SO right now it feels and hits like KING! I am truly loving this cue.


I'm glad to see your enjoying the cue. Very nice SW, happy shooting bro!
 

Donovan

A little security, goes..
Silver Member
Pics of the Joint Protectors from Trogdon

Dan of Dan Trogdon Custom Cues fame ( http://trogdoncues.com ) made me some very nice Joint Protectors for my South West. I now have a camera that can take better pictures, so sometime this weekend I will get those done. But for now, here are some pics of these great JP's Dan made.

Thanks for the fantastic craftsmanship Dan!
 

Attachments

  • SWJP2.JPG
    SWJP2.JPG
    36 KB · Views: 151
  • SWJP4.JPG
    SWJP4.JPG
    21.9 KB · Views: 131

Donovan

A little security, goes..
Silver Member
Part 1

Finally got a decent camera, so here are the other pics I promised.
 

Attachments

  • SWB1.JPG
    SWB1.JPG
    30.8 KB · Views: 72
  • SWFA4.JPG
    SWFA4.JPG
    46.3 KB · Views: 67
  • SWFull4.JPG
    SWFull4.JPG
    21.4 KB · Views: 67

Donovan

A little security, goes..
Silver Member
Part 2

and lastly...
 

Attachments

  • SWJ06-1.JPG
    SWJ06-1.JPG
    11 KB · Views: 65
  • SWJ351-1.JPG
    SWJ351-1.JPG
    11.5 KB · Views: 71
  • SWJ351-1a.JPG
    SWJ351-1a.JPG
    14.6 KB · Views: 60
  • SWJCac1.JPG
    SWJCac1.JPG
    11.9 KB · Views: 67
Top