Name them-CTE Pro One Pros

stan shuffett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you notice, I mentioned sweeping into the shot, not visual sweeping into the shot :)

Where I mentioned the visual sweep I mentioned the starting offset position to visually come into the shot via a visual sweep.

If the slight rotation or pivot to CCB was so vital in connecting a person to the required pocket, why aren't there more names mentioned in this thread of pros using CTE? A quick check would show the mentioned players potting percentages as a before and after aiming enlightenment, right?

Fact is, pros were pros before they took up CTE, if they do in fact use CTE. They get to that level by having very high potting percentages in their arsenal. I'm not saying it doesn't work, I've seen for my self it does, but it isn't going to drastically make a pro into an unbeatable pro. Nor is it going to bring a shortstop through the ranks any quicker to start competing on the pro stage. I personally see it as a very good system for beginners and intermediates who's potting percentages aren't showing the standard correlation to their mechanics ability, ie, those who struggle with aiming, but have solid strokes and positional play.

This is the reason you have such a loyal fan base, Stan. Because the loyal fans who defend the system at all costs are the types of players I've mentioned before, beginners and intermediates who have previously struggled with aiming. There are a few higher skilled players on here that are clearly loyal to you, but not anywhere near as many as one would expect based on what some users will lead you to believe about the system.

Most pros are using CTE and are totally unaware of it. .CTE in the truest sense is about objective perceptual descriptions that were never supposed to be available to anyone, beginner or pro.

To me, your comments show that you do not really understand CTE PRO ONE.

You can prove me otherwise with a simple 50 ball run on video calling out the visuals and sweeps. That should not be too hard for you to do since you have tens of 150 ball plus runs.

Since you a professional player, let"s have your name in this thread.

Stan Shuffett

Pidge

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Most pros are using CTE and are totally unaware of it. .CTE in the truest sense is about objective perceptual descriptions that were never supposed to be available to anyone, beginner or pro.

To me, your comments show that you do not really understand CTE PRO ONE.

You can prove me otherwise with a simple 50 ball run on video calling out the visuals and sweeps. That should not be too hard for you to do since you have tens of 150 ball plus runs.

Since you a professional player, let"s have your name in this thread.

Stan Shuffett
Where have I stated im a professional player? You need to come to England Stan, come to my club and ill point you in the direction of 10 players who can knock in centuries on a big boy table. When you van do that, knocking in 100 on a 9 footer with buckets is not too difficult. Why not post CTE advertisements on the countless snooker forums? The tables are all 2x1, the pockets are in the corners and sides so it would make sense to introduce it to the snooker world. Lots more snooker players than there are pool players so the CTE bug should spread like wild fire :) but no, they would laugh you off the forums and out of their clubs. Its an absolute joke to think your system is the best there is, and anyone who thinks otherwise "doesn't truly understand CTE". God, the amount of times I've heard that statement.

What would a video prove? Or my name for that matter. I'm by no means a pro, but my name and face is well know around the amateur snooker circuit. And for that reason, I would rather be known as Pidge to save all the crap that comes with being recognized.

All a video would show would be me, standing in the most awkward way possible to capture 2 visuals, a case of alphabet tourettes shouting out A B or C, and rather awkwardly sweeping the body left or right. For all you know, I could be doing this and aiming the way I normally do.

But hey, I don't really understand TRUE CTE.

stan shuffett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Where have I stated im a professional player?
10s OF 150 BALL PLUS RUNS EQUAL PRO LEVEL PLAY. PERIOD

You need to come to England Stan, come to my club and ill point you in the direction of 10 players who can knock in centuries on a big boy table.
SO

When you van do that, knocking in 100 on a 9 footer with buckets is not too difficult. Why not post CTE advertisements on the countless snooker forums?
THAT VERY WELL MAY BE COMING! THE REAL UNDERSTANDINGS OF CTE IS NEW, NEW AND NEW TO THE POOL WORLD.

The tables are all 2x1, the pockets are in the corners and sides so it would make sense to introduce it to the snooker world.
YES INDEED!

Lots more snooker players than there are pool players so the CTE bug should spread like wild fire :) but no, they would laugh you off the forums and out of their clubs.
YOU WILL EAT THOSE WORDS ONE DAY.

Its an absolute joke to think your system is the best there is,
THINK AS YOU WANT. YOU CAN NOT SPEAK TRULY ABOUT WHAT YOU DO NOT KNOW.
and anyone who thinks otherwise "doesn't truly understand CTE". God, the amount of times I've heard that statement.
AGAIN.,, YOU DO NOT UNDERSTAND CTE.

What would a video prove?
NOT MUCH.
Or my name for that matter. I'm by no means a pro, but my name and face is well know around the amateur snooker circuit. And for that reason, I would rather be known as Pidge to save all the crap that comes with being recognized.
NO PROBLEM.

All a video would show would be me, standing in the most awkward way possible to capture 2 visuals, a case of alphabet tourettes shouting out A B or C, and rather awkwardly sweeping the body left or right. For all you know, I could be doing this and aiming the way I normally do.
NOW YOU ARE SHOWING YOUR HOLE CARDS AND PRECISELY WHY YOU HAVE ZERO CREDENTIALS TO BE CRITICAL OF CTE.

But hey, I don't really understand TRUE CTE.
. AND THIS IS WHY I SAY YOU DO NOT UNDERSTAND CTE. THANK YOU FOR ADMITTING THAT.

Stan Shuffett

Last edited:

Pidge

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
. AND THIS IS WHY I SAY YOU DO NOT UNDERSTAND CTE. THANK YOU FOR ADMITTING THAT.

Stan Shuffett
Your welcome. After viewing both DVDs, I just don't get it, do I Stan? What does that tell you about the production value of your DVDs? Just a guy, at a table, rambling on calling out alignments and sweeps without really teaching anyone anything. I expected better, especially at your second attempt. But I was left feeling like it was a waste of time and money.

stan shuffett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Your welcome. After viewing both DVDs, I just don't get it, do I Stan? What does that tell you about the production value of your DVDs? Just a guy, at a table, rambling on calling out alignments and sweeps without really teaching anyone anything. I expected better, especially at your second attempt. But I was left feeling like it was a waste of time and money.

A history of your posts concerning my work completely contradicts your comments in this post. You speak out of both sides of your mouth.

Viewing the DVDs does mean one will learn CTE even in the least. Experience at a table is what counts.

Stan Shuffett

Pidge

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A history of your posts concerning my work completely contradicts your comments in this post. You speak out of both sides of your mouth.

Viewing the DVDs does mean one will learn CTE even in the least. Experience at a table is what counts.

Stan Shuffett
Not sure about both sides of the mouth. Tongue in cheek, maybe. I have had ups and downs with CTE, but I always keep returning to my own way of aiming. Given that I play more snooker than pool, I didn't like flicking between different ways of pocketing a ball, I don't like how a person has to stand to capture CTE and A, B or C. I came to the conclusion a while ago that it works, and ill happily tell anyone it works but there is more than 1 way to skin a cat and I didn't see any potting improvements at all. Shots I have a tendency to miss, I still missed. I don't like the way you go about things, either. I've not once seen you take any form of constructive criticism on the chin. You think everyone is out to get you and wreck CTEs credibility. That's simply not the case. You have some users on here that will say things just to get a reaction out of you and your fan base, which they always seem to get. Would you see Ekkes, reacting like you do? No. He is a man of the utmost class.

Some day the masses may realize that a sweep or pivot to centre is the only way to connect ones self to the table and pockets. Again, maybe one day you will realize to take a back seat when someone knocks your work, and doesn't share the same views on CTE aiming as you. In both cases its wishful thinking.

stan shuffett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not sure about both sides of the mouth. Tongue in cheek, maybe. I have had ups and downs with CTE, but I always keep returning to my own way of aiming. Given that I play more snooker than pool, I didn't like flicking between different ways of pocketing a ball, I don't like how a person has to stand to capture CTE and A, B or C. I came to the conclusion a while ago that it works, and ill happily tell anyone it works but there is more than 1 way to skin a cat and I didn't see any potting improvements at all. Shots I have a tendency to miss, I still missed. I don't like the way you go about things, either. I've not once seen you take any form of constructive criticism on the chin. You think everyone is out to get you and wreck CTEs credibility. That's simply not the case. You have some users on here that will say things just to get a reaction out of you and your fan base, which they always seem to get. Would you see Ekkes, reacting like you do? No. He is a man of the utmost class.

Some day the masses may realize that a sweep or pivot to centre is the only way to connect ones self to the table and pockets. Again, maybe one day you will realize to take a back seat when someone knocks your work, and doesn't share the same views on CTE aiming as you. In both cases its wishful thinking.

My stance with CTE is based on years and 1000s of hours of work. Yes! There are those times when I step in and speak my mind about that which I know to be true. . I can live with my work and all that I have presented about CTE. CTE PRO ONE will be around forever.......as long as there are 2x1 tables.

Stan Shuffett

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member

Stan Shuffett

You figured this guy out pretty fast when you said he speaks out of both sides of his mouth. Here are some "Pidgeisms" where it's not only coming out of both sides of his mouth but a few other orifices.

Pidge posted:
"I'm not a fan of aiming methods for the most part, they over complicate things in my view. Knowing how to align yourself and having solid fundamentals con mostly take away from having to aim and it becomes a quick trial and error."

I asked Pidge how aligning and fundamentals reduces or totally negates having to aim and he never responded. I also asked what parts of aiming you maintain and what parts of aiming you discard and he flew south like a migrating bird for the winter.

Pidge posted this a while later:
"I'm experienced in numerous aiming systems - ghost ball, fractional overlaps, BoB, contact point to contact point, 90/90, CTE, ProOne, SEE aswel as a new system that I have trialed for Ekkes"

It's amazing how a person who isn't a fan of aiming methods because they overcomplicate things has so much experience in numerous aiming systems. He's an EXPERT In all of them. Ghost ball, fractional overlaps, BoB, contact point to contact point, 90/90, CTE, ProOne, SEE system and even a new one that hasn't been introduced to the public yet. When most people have no interest in a subject or activity, they just don't do it or get involved. But not our boy Pidge. (otherwise known as CONTRADICTING himself and SPEAKING OUT OF BOTH SIDES OF HIS MOUTH)

To be experienced and an expert in all of those aiming systems would take hours of table time on each to learn them and years to become proficient. Now he states that he never was able to understand CTE in the DVDs.

Then our illustrious AMATEUR Pidge who hides in anonymity like most trolls do then posted:
"Now, I feel its important to dissect how you aim. How you position your body in relation to the line of the shot, how your eyes are working, pin pointing exactly what you are looking at, how you move into the shot".

Above he stated how you position your body in relation to the line of the shot shortcutted the aiming process and was pretty much all completed. Now he's analyzing how the eyes are working, pin pointing exactly what you are looking at, and how you move into the shot which is called AIMING! This dude is all OVER THE PLACE with Pidgeisms. (otherwise known as CONTRADICTING himself and SPEAKING OUT OF BOTH SIDES OF HIS MOUTH)

I asked Pidge to explain everything he sees and does in his aiming process since he said it was important to DISSECT how you aim and he posted these words of articulate wisdom.

Pidge mumbled and stumbled:

"That's the thing, you can't explain it. I've read back my reply to you and it confused me! It would take someone with a lot more brain power than my self to explain it for a newbie. When I'm TLAR'in, I'm not thinking about it, that's why its so difficult to explain. If I had to try explain to someone id have to say just stand there with a vacant look on your face and let the eyes lead and tour body will follow until you reach the shot line. Confusing, eh?"

Brilliant, absolutely brilliant! He can't explain it. Just stand there with a vacant look on your face like you're in a drunken stupor or stoned and let your eyes roll back into your skull and your body will follow automatically into the shot line and you'll never miss another shot in your life. Confusing, eh? NO, ABSURD!

I suggested to Pidge since he couldn't even start to verbalize his own aiming system that brought him to be a World Class AMATEUR to pick any one of the above aiming systems he said he was experienced in and describe any one that he chose. He flew further south like a migrating bird not to be heard from on the subject.

Pidge blessed us with this enlightening sentence:
"You're right, my verbal skills when it comes to my way of aiming are piss poor. Good job I don't aim with my mouth.

He doesn't aim with his mouth but unfortunately he sure knows how to shoot that mouth off about something he NOW admits he knows nothing about because he just didn't get the information in the DVDs.

And for a Grand Finale he posted this:
"I've never understood American pool when it comes to aiming. We don't have half the BS over here in snooker and English pool as there is here with regards to aiming."

How is it that a person who doesn't understand American pool regarding aiming spends so much time in an American Pool forum telling them what's right, what isn't right, and why pool players are such morons compared to Snooker players? I can't imagine US pool players going to snooker forums to tell them how to play the game and what needs changed to improve. Does it happen or only the reverse? Do Americans invade Rugby forums, Cricket forums, or Soccer forums and pulverize the fans of those games into changing what they do to match American football and baseball based on how the games are played and how the players execute what they do? I don't think so but I could be wrong. (no, I'm not)

Last edited:

nobcitypool

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Pidge, you may be representative of why you don't see Stan's system prevalent among the professionals ... yet. It's been said countless times the professionals don't struggle pocketing balls. Obviously, you don't. There's far more to the game, especially at the Pro level, than pocketing balls. My point is, I don't think you're going to see that many professionals who are willing to totally revamp their game, as Stevie Moore did, to adopt Stan's system.

Stan's system had been out how long, 4 years? The real proof will be 10 years from now when players newer to the game make it to the professional level and are using CTE/Pro One. When you consider pool is a game steeped in tradition and players who learn the game in local pool halls, it is rather amazing how rapidly Stan's system has gained traction. When you put this in the proper perspective, it is a major testimony to the system when you consider the number of high level players that have already sought out Stan and are using his system.

People often reference Stevie Moore and question if he's gotten better with CTE/Pro One. Consider this then. Stevie Moore has a full time job and is engaged to be married. He plays in very few high level events these days. Yet he was one or two rolls from beating one of the very best players in the country Justin Bergman last week, losing on the hill. Obviously, Justin is playing in just about every major event out there. Despite prioritizing his life in areas other than pool, Stevie is able to compete at a world class level because of CTE/Pro One. Not only is that an obvious conclusion, Stevie says so himself. I guess he must be lying in order to do a few lessons now and then in his spare time, right?

You want further proof. Look at Stan's Son. He beat Earl two years ago at Tunica at age 17 and has dominated his age group. Arguably, he is the original CTE/Pro One prototype.

It's high time that people quit trying to pick Stan's system apart because of what it hasn't done or some other silly reason like it hasn't been proven mathematically. Rather, people should recognize the amazing success the system has achieved in an extraordinarily short period of time.

SpiderWeb

iisgone@yahoo.com
Silver Member
Cte

JB is a world class CTE man but ole Lou shot his bollas off like sitting ducks, but I am sure it works.

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
JB is a world class CTE man but ole Lou shot his bollas off like sitting ducks, but I am sure it works.

One pocket is the art of hitting balls into the rails that bounce away from pockets and then hiding the CB which ole Lou is very experienced at regardless of the game he plays. He can hit the rail with the best of them even when he's trying to make balls. JB wasn't experienced enough in the strategies of one pocket at this point in his pool playing life. One pocket isn't a game of shot making like 9 ball, but a game of hiding the CB and giving your opponent nothing to shoot at. CTE has very little to do with any of it.

Last edited:

J Soto

The NON-Myth
Silver Member
One pocket is the art of hitting balls into the rails that bounce away from pockets and then hiding the CB which ole Lou is very experienced at regardless of the game he plays. He can hit the rail with the best of them even when he's trying to make balls. JB wasn't experienced enough in the strategies of one pocket at this point in his pool playing life. One pocket isn't a game of shot making like 9 ball, but a game of hiding the CB and giving your opponent nothing to shoot at. CTE has very little to do with any of it.
Funniest post I've read in a while. Lol

nobcitypool

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't know how many of the posters in this thread actually are part of the US Open LLC (or whatever it is called), or paid the entry fee of a player in the tourney. If you are neither of the above it is none of your business when and how the players are paid, as you are not part of the contract of being paid for a certain level of performance.

The OP made this post in another thread. OK, do you own all or part of justcueit? Have you traveled to visit Stan for a lesson? Did you buy the DVD, ask for a refund and were refused? Can you spell hypocrite?

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member

If JB was world class then it would have gone down differently. Lou won't play anyone who actually is extremely well versed in CTE/ProOne.

I have lots of money to back a Stan/Lou match if you can get your guy to the table. Both are hundred ball runners.

Are you willing to bet on Lou in that matchup?

Se7en6ix

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If JB was world class then it would have gone down differently. Lou won't play anyone who actually is extremely well versed in CTE/ProOne.

I have lots of money to back a Stan/Lou match if you can get your guy to the table. Both are hundred ball runners.

Are you willing to bet on Lou in that matchup?

livestream! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

robsnotes4u

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Really?

As many as 8 or more that I have personally trained ....ONE SUPER HIGH FINISHER. I am sure that saddens you!!
Pro One got MANY great wins in the event. Wouldn't you love to know all the names so you could begin your mission of tearing them down whenever possible.

The big big picture that would really make you sick is how many in the field use PRO ONE left and right sweeps into their shots....easily 100 plus players are employing sweeps.....which visually puts them into the CTE position for most shots.

More and more players are learning and desiring to learn what they are doing. PRO ONE is here and in a HUGE WAY...

Stan Shuffett

You don't know who you personally trained, 8 or more?

Name them, all of them in the US Open and the HIGH FINISHER.

tony frank

THE TRAPPER
Silver Member
The Old timer / Trapper's 2 bits. A long time ago when I came up ! I had access to tables quite often and used the luxury a lot. No one taught me aiming and I do not aim to this day. 65 years later. I do also believe that many pros and advanced players do not aim. I learned by the million ball method ! it was endless shooting of all kinds of shots using all kinds of spin, draw, follow etc. etc. This is how we learned position also. When I draw down to shoot - I know where I want to play position to and my mind / cue simply locks onto the shot automatically. Kind of hard to explain but imagine lining up and at some point your computer / mind tells you this is it !!! That's the way it works for me and I believe many others. Perhaps it's the memory that is imbedded into that brain of making that shot so many times using the techniques chosen by your computer. HMMMMM My 2 cents. I was fascinated by back cuts off the short rail at one time and could make 3 out of 4 - a real money maker by the way. Anyone can do this once you can lock into the correct speed, squirt, stroke etc. Some will never have the feel - or capabilities to excel at this art form or other pool skills. THE TRAPPER