New Cue

ugotda8

Pool Room Owner
Silver Member
New Gulyassy Cue

Hey Guys,

I just received my new Gulyassy and the wait was well worth it. I don't normally post on the site, but visit often just to see what folks are selling or talking about.

But, at this moment....I just can't help myself. I just had to share this with everyone. The cue looks and plays awesome and the inlays are as perfect as I have ever seen.

I have owned several high end cues and this one takes the cake. Enjoy and let me know what you think.

Ebony, Ivory, Abalone, Silver. 6 Points high and low. Ebony, Ivory and Silver rings at a,b,c,d,e. Ivory but cap with scrimshaw.

This thing is turning heads everywhere I have taken it. While this is fun, it sure is cutting into my pool playing time. I bet I have less play time on this cue than the folks at my local pool room!!

Last edited:

spliced

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Very elegant and well executed. It's nice to see sharp points on inlays once in a while.

ugotda8

Pool Room Owner
Silver Member
Thanks guys. Mike really did a good job on this puppy. The points are very nicely done and I was pleased with how sharp the points are.

In my opinion, Mike is right there with the best of them. Once he has paid his cue maker dues...I believe his stuff is going to be highly sought after one day.

zeeder

Will queue for cues
Silver Member
ugotda8 said:
Thanks guys. Mike really did a good job on this puppy. The points are very nicely done and I was pleased with how sharp the points are.

In my opinion, Mike is right there with the best of them. Once he has paid his cue maker dues...I believe his stuff is going to be highly sought after one day.

Not my cup of tea but the work appears to be excellent! I love it when everything in the cue is nice and sharp!!

ugotda8

Pool Room Owner
Silver Member
I hear ya zeeder. Cues are like people...you either like them or you don't.

Not much middle ground when it comes to taste in stuff is there?

Bishop

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What exactly is Abalone. Looks pretty crazy with all the swirls and colors. Is it a stone?

Brian in VA

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Abalone

Bishop said:
What exactly is Abalone. Looks pretty crazy with all the swirls and colors. Is it a stone?
It's a shell and it's frequently used for inlay in guitars, too. Very pretty!

Brian in VA

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
nice workmanship, how much does it weigh? it looks like it might be a hard hitting cue, which is cool.

ugotda8

Pool Room Owner
Silver Member
The weight is 19.6 Oz.

Hits very solid and cuts through the cue ball like butter under a knife.

This is primarily due to the parabolic taper, mori medium tip and the fact that it was made using X-Shafts with ivory Ferrules.

Turned out to be a real good combination.