New Lucasi Owner

Captain Dan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
New Lucasi Owner- 10mm tip vs 13mm

This is my first post, so it'll be interesting to see how it goes!:D .

I have just purchased a Lucasi LTD LSS-3, after looking at many posts and reading the pro's and con's of this cue manufacturer. Although I would have loved to buy a $250US cue, my buget didn't extend that far, and I got the lucasi for $140 (supposedly a discounted price, if you believe everything you read:cool: ).

I live in Australia, and am an 8-ball nut, currently playing 10-15 hours a week. 1 thing thats a little different over here is that every one plays with snooker cues and 9-10mm tips, as did myself (Dufferin with a 10mm). Can anyone out there give me the lowdown on the main differences between using these 2 styles? I will learn this myself with extended play with the cue, but any input about what differences to expect would be appreciated:D .

Thanks to all, this site has already been of great help!

Last edited:

Captain Dan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
jnav447 said:
Thanks jnav447, the site gave me a better idea of tip choice, and how it affects play, but no mention was made of the effect of tip diameter. Anyone have experience with using a 10mm snooker style tip and a 13mm pool style tip?

Also, I noticed that there are several exceptional snooker players in the ITP. What are they going to use? I'll stay tuned.

Captain Dan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just recieved a private message that cleared up most questions, still look forward to the IPT and what type of cue/tip the snooker players will use